Finlandia Trophy 04 -06.10. 2013 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Finlandia Trophy 04 -06.10. 2013

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Great jumps for Akiko (especially the 2A+3T and 3Lo+2Lo)!! :clap: But I don't really like the program... It looks a bit... lifeless :eek:hwell:
Tuktamysheva is exactly as expected: :slink:

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I like what I'm seeing from Akiko so far. I love the music she picked and I'm sure once she's in full-on perform mode it's going to be great. Her jumps look really strong! But then again she's always been a strong early season skater.

Liza T's program (from the little bit she actually performed) looks like a waste of Malaguena. The choreography looks a little boring and unimaginative. I have yet to see a senior lady pull that music off convincingly in a FS. Of course Sasha is the gatekeeper when it comes to the SP but no one has done it justice for 4 minutes...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
another boring Malanguena, this is one should be locked up on any music choices
a bigger problem for Tuk looking on that video as she still has some weight issues ?

Suzuki needs a 3-3 if she want to beat Ando and Miyahar for the Olympics spot

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight
Sorry if I have caused any confusion.

Ironically, trying to minimise confusion to people who are not living in Europe is precisely the reason I am being pedantic over time zones and Daylight Savings Time.

Let me explain.

There are four main times zones in Europe:

Greenwich Mean Time (GMT+0)
Cental European Time (GMT+1)
Eastern European Time (GMT+2)
Moscow Time (GMT+4)

Moscow Time used to be GMT+3. But, in 2011, Medvedev decided to move Russia permanently onto Daylight Savings Time. When Putin came back to the Presidency, he was going to change it back, but changed his mind.

Daylight Savings Time is the reason for the current confusion. From the last Sunday in March to last Sunday in October, all of Europe west of Russia observes Daylight Savings Time. So, the current time zones are:

British Summer Time (GMT+1)
Cental European Summer Time (GMT+2)
Eastern European Summer Time (GMT+3)
Moscow Time (GMT+4)

GMT is the universal standard for calculating time zones from.

For us in Europe, it is easy to convert the time for an event elsewhere in Europe. And as long as you know which time zone the country is in, it is easy to work out times compared to our own.

The problem is that most people across the globe know that GMT is used in Britain, Ireland and Portugal. But, a lot people outside Europe don't realise (or simply forget) that Britain, Ireland and Portugal move away from GMT for 7 months of the year.

This is a global forum. So, some people will be calculating from what they know is the time in GMT, while others will be calculating from what they know is the time in London.

So, to make everything clear to everybody, every time I talk about times, I am emphasising that Europe is in Daylight Savings Time so that people outside Europe don't end up missing parts of the competitions that are being held in Europe.

Don't worry, once we reach the last Sunday in October, everything will be simple again!

Hope that makes everything clearer

CaroLiza_fan

I appreciate the explanations. Thanks. :)

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Well, that was lovely. Love that they chose Ella Fitzgerald - wonderful voice. Twizzles were a bit off for Tessa and they were a tad late with the music at the end. Beginning season stuff.

Score 67.23

Maxi

Rinkside
Tessa and Scott, just gorgeous. I still have to see it a 1000 times 67.23 for them.
I think she got out a little early from the second set of twizzles but I was to nervous and excited to actually see.:love:

Finnstep

Final Flight
Tessa's mistake must've cost them a lot. 67 is definitely a low score for them.

I hope they skate better in the FD.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I LOVE this SD!! Much better than D/W for me (but we'll see, we know how D/W programs can improve a lot in the second half of the season...) But the stream stopped right before the twizzles so I didn't see them :mad:

Maxi

Rinkside
Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES
Really lovely , unfortunately he fell on the twizzles.

tulosai

Record Breaker

Thank you!

LOVE this program. As a program, for me, definitely better than D/W's at this time (though that is probably largely a matter of personal taste). They are definitely playing to their strengths and their 'romantic' connection on the ice, and for me it 100% works. Also love the lift at the end. Not sure if they've done something like it before but it looked a lot smoother than most of their lifts last year.

That said, it was not as crisp as I'm used to seeing from them, especially Tessa. It looked to me like she had several very slight bobbles out there. It seemed a bit scratchy. It is to be hoped and expected that as the season goes on that will improve though :)

As a program, though, I am in love. I also loved her dress. So pretty though she'll probably change it before Olys.

Finnstep

Final Flight
Thank you!

LOVE this program. As a program, for me, definitely better than D/W's at this time (though that is probably largely a matter of personal taste). They are definitely playing to their strengths and their 'romantic' connection on the ice, and for me it 100% works. Also love the lift at the end. Not sure if they've done something like it before but it looked a lot smoother than most of their lifts last year.

That said, it was not as crisp as I'm used to seeing from them, especially Tessa. It looked to me like she had several very slight bobbles out there. It seemed a bit scratchy. It is to be hoped and expected that as the season goes on that will improve though :)

As a program, though, I am in love. I also loved her dress. So pretty though she'll probably change it before Olys.

I agree. :)