Finlandia Trophy 04 -06.10. 2013 | Golden Skate

Finlandia Trophy 04 -06.10. 2013

IleK

On the Ice
The entries are not yet but some confirmations have been made.
USA announced the team:http://usfigureskating.org/Athletes.asp?id=216
Mirai Nagasu
Richard Dornbush
Dougals Razzano
Madison Chock and Evan Bates

And from the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/finlandiatrophy
Julia Lipnitskaya
Yuzuru Hanyu
Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir

It seems that the last year ladies podium will compete again at Finlandia. Julia, Kiira and Mirai. Well, Kiira is my no 1 so I hope for the best. Go, Kiira!
I 've been a fan of Chock&Bates since they began skating together and their last year was really amazing. I hope they will have evan a better season.
Julia has already made a statement, I can see her skating two clean programs. I am not a fan but I think she has better programs than last year and I might like her more:). And I am curious to see what Mirai has to say, does she really want that olympic berth or not.

SATURDAY AND SUNDAY LIVE STREAM:

Sara said:
http://areena.yle.fi/tv/suora#webcastlist Finlandia Trophy is already listed there for Saturday ("Lauantaina 5.10.2013") at 13.35-21.00 and for Sunday ("Sunnuntaina 6.10.2013") at 13.00-18.45.

If the link doesn't work go to the main page of YLE and click "suorat lähetykset" (http://areena.yle.fi/tv). :)

RESULTS PAGE
http://www.figureskatingresults.fi/results/1314/FT2013/index.htm

Last edited by a moderator:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
So am I! Madison Chock is just a force of nature! What an amount of drama she can convey on the ice. And of course, Tessa & Scott are so good, and they've picked some interesting music to work with this year. It's even interesting to me what cuts they will use. :):

GF2445

Record Breaker
I'm very excited for Finlandia. Over the last couple of years it has grown to become one of the better senior b international events.
I'm really going to miss Tessa and Scott when they retire. They will go down in the history books as the best (most memorable at least) ice dancers of this skating era.

ForeverFish

Medalist
Very interested to see if Julia can/will defend her title...

It's great that Mirai received a senior B this season. It seems that the USFSA is giving her a shot to prove herself before the start of the GP.

samson

Medalist
Very exciting. Can't wait to see Chock and Bate and Virtue and Moir. Also, so excited that all three ladies medalists will be back. Especially glad that Mirai gets to go again.

Also Yuzuru, Richard and Douglas in mens!

These Senior Bs are really turning into great events.

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Very exciting. Can't wait to see Chock and Bate and Virtue and Moir. Also, so excited that all three ladies medalists will be back. Especially glad that Mirai gets to go again.

Also Yuzuru, Richard and Douglas in mens!

These Senior Bs are really turning into great events.

iknow right??! all the senior Bs this season are totally rocking my world! :p

AnnaTheMusician

On the Ice
I have a bad feeling about Kiira's participating to Finlandia Trophy. She said she has two main goals for this season: Nebelhorn to qualify the Olympics and of course then the Olympics. She said of course EC and WC are important but they aren't her main goals. Finlandia Trophy is just a week after Nebelhorn and since Kiira said she hasn't fully recovered from her achilles problems... AND Finnish Figure Skating Association didn't reveal the Finnish competitors while revealing the big names... It seems almost obvius. Kiira would be a good name for ticket selling but if she won't participate, they try to keep it in secret as long as possible. Maybe I'm sceptic. I already have the tickets but I'll be very disappointed if my favourite skater won't be there.

GGoldberg

Match Penalty
The Senior B's have gotten more and more "stacked" during this past quad/cycle. Great to see. Especially since they don't have the same "roster design" constraints as the Grand Prixs, we get to see more unpredictable mixes and matches. Salt Lake City for instance has a crazy deep dance field. Nebelhorn in an Olympic year is always rife with drama. Finlandia is vying for a shot to become an actual Grand Prix if I'm not mistaken so the stronger the event, the better the chances.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Some additional big-name entries are in Finlandia Trophy's press release (Sep 2).
(I am not repeating below the entries already posted on GS.)

- Bobrova/Soloviev

- Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
- Nikol Gosviani
- Akiko Suzuki

- Artur Gachinskiy (the spelling in the press release)​

- Synchro
"The reigning World Champion Finland´s Team Unique, multiple World Champions Rockettes and Marigold IceUnity and Revolutions from Espoo will be challenged by Team Paradise from Russia. Synchronized skaters compete only in Short Programs."​

"The Finnish team in Ladies, Men and Ice Dance will be named later."

samson

Medalist
Holy cow. Now that you add Elizaveta and Akiko this is ladies field is going to be deep! What's also interesting about an event with Kiira, Mirai, Julia, Elizaveta and Akiko is on any given night I could see any one of those 5 winning.

The Finlandia field keeps getting deeper and deeper.

Sara

On the Ice
Entries announced!!

FINLANDIA TROPHY 2013 ENTRIES

MEN

Team Finland will be announced later

BEL Hendrickx Jorik

EST Romanenkov Viktor

GER Frentz Paul

GER Rappe Martin

ITA Panfili Antonio

JPN Hanyu Yuzuru

JPN Nakamura Kento

POL Cieplucha Maciej

RUS Gachinskiy Artur

RUS Menshov Konstantin

RUS Voronov Sergey

SWE Majorov Alexander

USA Dornbush Ricky

USA Razzano Douglas

LADIES

BEL Pieman Isabelle

EST Liinamäe Gerli

ITA Bressanutti Carol

ITA Russo Giada

JPN Suzuki Akiko

JPN Shoji Risa

LUX Maxwell Fleur

RUS Gosviyani Nikol

RUS Lipnitskaya Yulia

RUS Tuktamysheva Elizaveta

SWE Olsson Isabelle

USA Nagasu Mirai

ICE DANCE

CAN Virtue Tessa - Moir Scott

EST Stork Irina - Rand Taavi

GER Koch Shari - Nüchtern Christian

LTU Tobias Isabella - Stagniunas Deividas

POL Plutowska Justyna - Gerber Peter

RUS Bobrova Ekaterina - Soloviev Dmitriy

SUI Elsener Ramona - Roost Florian

USA Chock Madison - Bates Evan

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is Finlandia to close to the US Senior B competition for Courtney Hicks to compete? I don't see picking someone like Lam over Hicks makes a lot of sense especially looking at where they are in their respective skating careers.

nam57

Rinkside
Maybe USFS does not want to see Mirai lose Internationally. Hicks was miles ahead of her this summer. Lam has the same UR issues but lower PCS.

icellist

On the Ice
I think it's more like USFSA wants Courtney to win gold at a sr B this year. They are probably going to give her either challenge cup or coupe de nice, depending on whichever Alissa wants first. Both of those senior Bs are during the GP season and top skaters won't be attending. Courtney would have a great chance at the full 250 ranking points. In such a deep field in Finlandia, she might not have gotten any points, and every senior B is important for the us skaters now that there are so many seniors.

Sara

On the Ice
Team Finland has been announced. Kiira Korpi is participating together with some less well-known Finnish skaters, such as Juulia Turkkila and Valtter Virtanen.