Finlandia Trophy 04 -06.10. 2013

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Julia :love:

robbed on PCS !!! 59 behind Tuk that is a joke :disagree:
Julia deserves 60+ PCS

Tuk interpreted her music really well and she had a good programme. In my opinion she deserved the PCS she got and so did Julia...

sweetskates1

Medalist
Mirai - low expectations - :popcorn: -
I am excited for her this season. This is a recipe for success - decent results = snooze. unjust scores - 2010 fs at olympics.

artsciboy

On the Ice
Is it mean that I just want to take a pair of scissors to Yuzuru Hanyu's Pooh bear? Its way past the stage of being cute...

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I think Julia is noticeably taller than last year. Her steps are not that great, similar level to other top Russian girls competing at JGP. She was also traveling significantly in her final spin. She is very flexible, but she does not have the strength of Liza and Sotnikova. She benefited greatly from her choice of sad music, and pretty looking lean well proportioned figure overall.
Glad to see Liza looks slimmer now, and her presentation and spins are also better. She seems to have great joy performing here. Akiku's LP is not good as I expected, especially the music and choreography.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I will give credit Tuk improved her ice coverage and she got a little thinner
but not that much, she looks thinner mostly because of her black tights and black dress

a little more weight loss wont hurt and will improve her jumps
hope she continues to lose more weight leading to the Olympics

Rami

Rinkside
I will give credit Tuk improved her ice coverage and she got a little thinner
but not that much, she looks thinner mostly because of her black tights and black dress

a little more weight loss wont hurt and will improve her jumps
hope she continues to lose more weight leading to the Olympics

Huh???

Tuktamysheva looks perfectly fine. She is very tiny when you see her live.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Huh???

Tuktamysheva looks perfectly fine. She is very tiny when you see her live.

but her body frame is not
she lost weight but she needs to lose more it will help how she looks from the camera and with the spring on her jumps like in her 2011

Ilvskating

Final Flight
Wow, Julia Lipnitskaia, now I remember this name. The Russian baby is for real now. She's very adorable and does she have bones in her waist? Those spiral and spin position are just insane! That was no longer a Baileman spin/position, that was a upright split spin/spiral which I don't think anybody else had ever done, not even Cohen who was famous for her spin/spiral positions. I think they should be named after Julia Lipniskaia, how about JuLi spin/spiral ? Jolie:)

MEN'S FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Yuzuru HANYU (JPN) - 265.59 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
2. Sergei VORONOV (RUS) - 241.37 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
3. Artur GACHINSKI (RUS) - 212.90 Free Skate,
4. Richard DORNBUSH (USA) - 206.71 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
5. Jorik HENDRICKX (BEL) - 199.75 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
6. Douglas RAZZANO (USA) - 199.31 Free Skate
7. Maciej CIEPLUCHA (POL) - 197.51
8. Kento NAKAMURA (JPN) - 192.53 Free Skate

LADIES FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Julia LIPNITSKAIA (RUS) - 191.31 Free Skate
2. Akiko SUZUKI (JPN) - 180.54 Free Skate
3. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA (RUS) - 173.45 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
4. Mirai NAGASU (USA) - 164.51 Free Skate
5. Vanessa LAM (USA) - 152.28
6. Isabelle OLSSON (SWE) - 150.45 Free Skate
7. Juulia TURKKILA (FIN) - 129.73 Free Skate
8. Risa SHOJI (JPN) - 124.90 Free Skate, 2nd Copy

raress

On the Ice
looks like Julia and Tuk will make the olympic team,sorry adelina...well Lisa really developed her skating this summer,her spins look good lvl 4,even for the Lsp,steps and artistically a lot,jumps are there and she lost some weight too...well done girl!:)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Wow, Julia Lipnitskaia, now I remember this name. The Russian baby is for real now. She's very adorable and does she have bones in her waist? Those spiral and spin position are just insane! That was no longer a Baileman spin/position, that was a upright split spin/spiral which I don't think anybody else had ever done, not even Cohen who was famous for her spin/spiral positions. I think they should be named after Julia Lipniskaia, how about JuLi spin/spiral ? Jolie:)

in Japan media they are calling it the Candle Spin, lol

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Lipnitskaya's 2Axel has improved.

This is the first time in the past 4 seasons that Hanyu has missed a 3Axel in competition. :cry:

Mirai was underscored.

I'm depressed by Mirai's scores in the SP. If the international judges don't give Mirai high PCS scores anymore, the U.S. judges at Nationals are going to give her even less. :cry:

That being said, Mirai looked lovely in the SP but this program is no Pirates of the Caribbean. It's so hugely disappointing for the Olympic season. There's no sparkle, no enchantment. And this music has been skated to before, it's like nothing new. Frankly I think it's boring. Mirai should have something fast and upbeat in the SP, something sassy. And I agree with those who say she doesn't emote. She is showing absolutely nothing in her facial expression. If the music is about longing or sadness I see nothing of that in Mirai's performance. She just looks like she's skating with music in the background. It breaks my heart because Mirai has been and still is my favorite skater since Sasha Cohen left the building. :disapp: I keep thinking she needs much better choreo too but perhaps she can no longer afford a top notch choreographer. Sigh.

Mirai was surely better and faster than the Finnish girls but considering her past results and her talent I expect more from her than I do from the Finnish girls.

She is capable to commit the choreography http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTv2y7ypYMk but the program yesterday was a pale shadow of that Mirai.

Watching that magical SP at Worlds 2010 just makes me want to cry. That Mirai just doesn't exist anymore. I wish with all of my heart that she can prove me wrong.

Does anyone think there is any hope for Mirai's URs at this point? I want to have hope, but it is so hard.

I want to have hope. There's still some time but if she keeps getting dinged then it's over for this Olympic season. She should have had those jumps by now. I don't know what she did all summer but I also feel that she's not in top condition either.

I'm in a million depressions for Mirai. :disapp: Where would her scores have been if she had not been hit with URs?

Ice Diva

On the Ice
Hmm, I wasn't so much bored as frustrated. They've gone back to the ooey-gooey (surprise surprise), and after the stylistic chances they've taken the last few years, it was disappointing. I do, however, like almost all of the new lifts (though that one where Ms V looks like she is doing a backflip into a pool just never works for me).

What you see as "ooey-gooey" I see as chemistry. But the lifts - IA! Wondering what these ice dance coaches are thinking with all these gymnastic moves in some of the new free dances: Tessa appearing to backflip into a swimming pool onto Scott’s shoulders; Meryl sprawled in an ungainly manner over Charlie’s back as he appears to be rescuing her from a burning house, and then there’s the lift in Chock and Bates' FD where she ends up straddling him in a sumo wrestler fashion (cringe). :eek:

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
I have to say that Julia Lipnitskaia was AWESOME. I loved both of her programs. That LP especially looked like an Olympic medal worthy skate to me!

I did love Mirai's LP skating dress. It's gorgeous! ♥

Becki

Medalist
Is it mean that I just want to take a pair of scissors to Yuzuru Hanyu's Pooh bear? Its way past the stage of being cute...

Pretty positive Yuzu's fans and Yuzuru will not let that happen! xD

Pooh is his lucky charm, and also doubles as his kleneex case holder :laugh:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Liza was seriously FIERCE, she really gets into these programs and sells them as hard as she can! I love it.

And Artur seemed so happy during the victory ceremony, so excited and bubbly (for him). I'm so glad. I really hope he's turned the corner.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Watching that magical SP at Worlds 2010 just makes me want to cry. That Mirai just doesn't exist anymore. I wish with all of my heart that she can prove me wrong.

Yes, if she could skate with that spirit again, I honestly wouldn't care one way or another about the URs or her placements. She could be dead last, every time, with every jump URed and she'd still be one of my favorite skaters and light up the rink for me. She's lost that spirit though, and it is really very tragic.

sweetskates1

Medalist
Hey Mirai fans and Mirai - no expectations, great results will follow shortly! All needed are more genuine smiles - you are more charming, less serious than the 'winners'. Play and enjoy, you have nothing to lose and everything to win -- just smile!!!

Sara

On the Ice
I'm glad I went to see this competition! I feel so exhausted that I'll write down more stuff later. Now the only thing I can say is Yuzuru!! :love: :love: :love:

Ice Diva

On the Ice
What you see as "ooey-gooey" I see as chemistry. But the lifts - IA! Wondering what these ice dance coaches are thinking with all these gymnastic moves in some of the new free dances: Tessa appearing to backflip into a swimming pool onto Scott’s shoulders; Meryl sprawled in an ungainly manner over Charlie’s back as he appears to be rescuing her from a burning house, and then there’s the lift in Chock and Bates' FD where she ends up straddling him in a sumo wrestler fashion (cringe). :eek:

:laugh:Meant Hubbell & Donohoe not Chock & Bates for the sumo wrestling hold ...

Sara

On the Ice
Yes, if she could skate with that spirit again, I honestly wouldn't care one way or another about the URs or her placements. She could be dead last, every time, with every jump URed and she'd still be one of my favorite skaters and light up the rink for me. She's lost that spirit though, and it is really very tragic.

I very much agree! I was there to see her skating and it really left me cold compared to what I've seen from her several years back. I heard Frank Carroll saying recently that she has had (/is having) some personal issues that she needs to solve. It was in TSL interview. I feel like she doesn't have the passion for skating anymore :no: