Finlandia Trophy 04 -06.10. 2013 | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Finlandia Trophy 04 -06.10. 2013

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Hello, just rejoining the thread to catch the second half of the FD.

Am in the US trying to watch the live stream at: http://areena.yle.fi/tv/2046700

Question:
For me, the stream is freezing up more often than not ... altho' for a few seconds now and again, it does work OK.
Is something wrong with my particular connection? Or are others having similar problems?

Thanks

I thought it was just me also, but yes, it is freezing up off and on. (I'm in the southern US right now.) May be a bandwidth issue of our particular ISP's.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I am in the USA too, SC, and the streaming has been flawless through out. Sorry, you are having problems.

Thx for your reply and moral support, Icey. :)

The stream seems to be working slightly more consistently for me now, so I will hope for the best.

kalle

On the Ice
I think both Akiko's and Mirai's SP programs are absolutely stunning!
Too bad about the technical mistakes from Mirai but you could almost get a sense as soon as she left the ice that she knew she did not get those jumps around.I still think that the judges are very tough on her and leaves no room for any doubt.I hope she will skate with a bit more freedom in the LP and not "think" too much about every single jump.It seems like when she have better "flow"throughout the program, the jumps gets slightly better height and as a result, better and more precise landings..

Finnstep

Final Flight
A low score for both C/B and V/M in the FD... :cry:

They both made little mistakes here and there, but I guess the technical panel weren't so generous with the dancers. I hope both teams would be able to improve throughout the season.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Liked V/M's FD, but I have to say that they are trying to create Mahler no. 2. Sadly.

bramweld

Record Breaker
^^Yeah, but what is more startling is their low scores. Why were the TES so low? Judges must be sticklers maybe?

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Not necessarily a full-blown grin, but I think "The Man I Love" calls for a pleasant, flirty sort of expression at least.
I have to agree... Even if Mirai is (as always) beautiful in the way she uses her upper body, her interpretation didn't look "light" at all to me; I was actually quite surprised when i saw 28... but then I was even more surprised when I saw another 28 for Liza!!

gmyers

Record Breaker
Liza is totally not going to Sochi based on her skating. What's the deal with her and Sps??? Based on skating no way Liza or Adelina. Adelina bombs horribly Japan open and Liza bombs horribly finlandia sp

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Lipnitskaya's 2Axel has improved.

This is the first time in the past 4 seasons that Hanyu has missed a 3Axel in competition. :cry:

Mirai was underscored.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Liked V/M's FD, but I have to say that they are trying to create Mahler no. 2. Sadly.

Virtue/Moir's FD definitely lived up to my expectations. Thoroughly enjoyed it. :bow:

To me, only one moment was so very reminiscent of Mahler that I hope that they will consider changing it. It's when they are side by side facing the same direction, and they come to a stop for a second and look off into the distance.
(Although Moir's costume also made me think of Mahler, the resemblance does not bother me at all.)

I thought it was just me also, but yes, it is freezing up off and on. (I'm in the southern US right now.) May be a bandwidth issue of our particular ISP's.

Thanks for your reply and explanation, jiejie.
In the end, I lucked out: the stream was fine for me during V/M's program and interview, which were what I most wanted to see. :)

Moment

Final Flight
This program is nothing like Mahler.

I am not sure about the ending pose...

I won't even get into the scoring.

blackswanphoto

On the Ice

That is the worst FD I have seen from V/M since I first started watching them skate, and it was judged accordingly. Generic, boring music. Scott struggling to pick her up and put her back down (This has become almost expected now). The choreography and lifts are way too easy. Come on now, why would they do a curve lift so easy like that? And whats with the military salute at the end? Not memorable at all.

That is not an Olympic gold medal program, in fact I would say they are in danger of being picked off by one of the Russian teams for second. B/S should be licking their chaps. There is definitely opportunity there. This reminds me of Belbin/Agosto last olympic cycle. And when was the last time V/M received scores this low in competition?

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I would say Julia's choice of music is smart: if you are a person who does not show much emotion, a sad soft music will definitely work, since based on the music you are not supposed to show much. Her food steps are not that great, as noodly as most junior ladies. Among her and Radionova, I love Radionova better. Her spins are very centered with lots of power, and she is much more exciting to watch.

katymay

Medalist
Mirai

I think Mirai comes into a competition burdened by her past problems and might get extraordinary scrutiny. No benefit of doubt, which MIGHT be given to others. Must be discouraging. Really don't see how she finds it in herself
to continue.

The problem with Mirai is she doesn't connect at all with the audience or the music, it is like watching a bot. Even if she landed quads, I would be bored. The sad thing is, she has always had all kinds of talent, and off the ice, she has a terrific personality. Quite frankly, she skates as if someone is holding a gun to her head.