Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Finlandia Trophy 04 -06.10. 2013

Custom Title
    Julia had a pretty programme which suited her really well. She has matured from last year a bit, which was to be expected, LOL. I loved Akiko´s programme, she is just great. Our commentator compared her gliding to that of Kostner, which I agree totally. Such a pity that Mirai has problems in doing fully rotated jumps. Why does her coach do nothing about it?

Custom Title
    ^alright thanks! I thought it was a torch song! The whole time She skated I kept imagining Barbra Streisand singing that melody and now I know why!

Yeah her facial expression was fabulous in this. I don't know though... Her expression and interpretation were great but I couldn't get into it like I wanted. maybe once it's a little more polished it will get there for me.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Hello, just rejoining the thread to catch the second half of the FD.

Am in the US trying to watch the live stream at: http://areena.yle.fi/tv/2046700

Question:
    For me, the stream is freezing up more often than not ... altho' for a few seconds now and again, it does work OK.

Is something wrong with my particular connection? Or are others having similar problems?

Thanks
    I am in the USA too, SC, and the streaming has been flawless through out. Sorry, you are having problems.

Custom Title
    For whoever wants to see Tomas, the last group at ON is on the ice. Tomas will skate first.

Custom Title
    What a beautiful piece of music Julia has, it is very serious song, and she gets good score for first event. Those spins are divine and should get very high marks! She is my pick for Oly team Russia.

Elizaveta has better presentation, but still fighting with body changes. She has best jumps when she lands them, and needs to be ready for Russian nationals, if she wants to be in Oly ream Russia. If she lands those jumps who knows, who knows.. This SP suits her personality so well, she is dancing to it! Who ever picked the music did the right choice. Mishin is mumbling something but he is nice with Elizaveta.

Julia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUfEYJAzP0Q

Elizaveta http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDAwKOJqQ98

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Hello, just rejoining the thread to catch the second half of the FD.

Am in the US trying to watch the live stream at: http://areena.yle.fi/tv/2046700

Question:
    For me, the stream is freezing up more often than not ... altho' for a few seconds now and again, it does work OK.
    Is something wrong with my particular connection? Or are others having similar problems?

Thanks
    I thought it was just me also, but yes, it is freezing up off and on. (I'm in the southern US right now.) May be a bandwidth issue of our particular ISP's.

Gambatte, Max Aaron/"No letting off the gas pedal" golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    I am in the USA too, SC, and the streaming has been flawless through out. Sorry, you are having problems.
    Thx for your reply and moral support, Icey.

The stream seems to be working slightly more consistently for me now, so I will hope for the best.

Custom Title
    I think both Akiko's and Mirai's SP programs are absolutely stunning!
    Too bad about the technical mistakes from Mirai but you could almost get a sense as soon as she left the ice that she knew she did not get those jumps around.I still think that the judges are very tough on her and leaves no room for any doubt.I hope she will skate with a bit more freedom in the LP and not "think" too much about every single jump.It seems like when she have better "flow"throughout the program, the jumps gets slightly better height and as a result, better and more precise landings..

Custom Title
    A low score for both C/B and V/M in the FD...

They both made little mistakes here and there, but I guess the technical panel weren't so generous with the dancers. I hope both teams would be able to improve throughout the season.

Custom Title
    This had been an unexpected treat and tomorrow will be too.

Liked V/M's FD, but I have to say that they are trying to create Mahler no. 2. Sadly.

Custom Title
    ^^Yeah, but what is more startling is their low scores. Why were the TES so low? Judges must be sticklers maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    Not necessarily a full-blown grin, but I think "The Man I Love" calls for a pleasant, flirty sort of expression at least.
    I have to agree... Even if Mirai is (as always) beautiful in the way she uses her upper body, her interpretation didn't look "light" at all to me; I was actually quite surprised when i saw 28... but then I was even more surprised when I saw another 28 for Liza!!

Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Liked V/M's FD, but I have to say that they are trying to create Mahler no. 2. Sadly.
    Agree. Not super impressed at all by their FD.

Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast