Finlandia Trophy 04 -06.10. 2013 | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Finlandia Trophy 04 -06.10. 2013

ice coverage

Record Breaker
are Razzo and his coach kin?

Razzano and his coach do share the same name ... meaning the same first name. ;)

(His coach is Doug Ladret. I have no idea whether they are related by blood.)

Poice

Final Flight
About Yuzu's program - I forgot to add that I had goose bumps when he did Ina Bauer!!! :D

glee

Rinkside
Yuzuru was phenomenal!!!
the program was SOOOO amazing:yay:
Although there are some points that he should put more effort on, this is great considering that it's only the beginning.

By the way, is there anything wrong with 3A? The first 3A looked tilted on the air. I hope nothing's wrong..

Icey

Record Breaker
Did Johnny design that costume for Yuzuru? I know he has designed some for him.

Matilda

Medalist
Yuzuru was great! :love::clap:
I'm sure he'll get more expressive as the season goes on and he gets more comfortable with the new program. The layout is incredibly demanding, so at this point his focus is understandably more on perfecting the technical side. I love the costume--it works for the program. Frankly, I'm so sick and tired of the endless all-black, blue, or brown costumes in men's skating these days. Guys, color and sparkle are allowed!

Talking about costumes, Voronov was working those red pants, black lace, and facial hair! You go, Sergei! ;)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Gerli LIINAMÄE (EST)

Music: Abba medley

Half pink, half silver armor dress

2F+2T
3F - bit wild swinging free leg
2Lz+2Lo - stepout
FCCoSp
3Lo - fall, looked <
3T
3S+2T
FSSp
StSq
ChSq
2A - stepout
CCoSp

Score: 38.57+36.72-2.00=73.29, 106.11

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Seidi RANTANEN (FIN)

Music: Poeta by Rodriguez

Black dress w/ white ombre at trims and body. Sparkly neckline

A
3T+2T
2F+2T
3S - tilted, fall
FCSp
2T
LSp
StSq
2S
A
ChSq
CCoSp

Score: 27.97+38.16-1.00=65.13, 103.24 and in 2nd

phaeljones

On the Ice
Yes, the last two years Hanyu lost his spark. I find that very sad. If he was such a strong technical skater and he could combine it with joy, good presentation and spark, he would be my favourite.

Interesting point.

I have noticed with his skating, however, that he usually starts the season off without as much passion in his skates as he puts into them later in the season. (Even with R&J two years ago, that seemed to me to be the case.) Perhaps he is getting to know his program and learning how to work it. As well, this year's program will allow him to express his passion better than did last year's program. Last year's program seemed to be written with the purpose of containing and pacing him, while this year's program looks like it is written to more set him free while keeping the skills he has acquired intact. From this performance here, and what we have seen at Finlandia, there is a good chance that he will return his passion and spark to the skating. (I think. I hope. I believe. I hear your point though.)

I loved this skate, especially for the first one of the year. That ina bauer! Spectacular! I think this was a really amazing performance. So happy for him. Can't wait until St. John.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Isabelle PIEMAN (BEL)

Music: Otonal

White long-sleeved dress, open back. Blue ombre on skirt and sleeves/gloves

3T+2T
3F - slight twofooted
3S+2T
FCSp
2S
2T - twofooted
StSq
1A+2T+1T
1F
FCCoSp
ChSq
CCoSp - bit shaky on foot change

Hits her head, seems disappointed

Score: 34.77+40.32=75.09, 112.65 and in 1st

Willemijn

Rinkside
Phaeljones, you are right. This program has everything to be a great skate. I hope he add his passion to his programs in the course of the year. That would be very interesting, also in comparison with Fernandez!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Carol BRESSANUTTI (ITA)

Music: Sabrina (soundtrack) by John Williams

Black sparkly jumpsuit w/ gloves. Pearl necklace

2F
3Lo - fall, looked << on replay
3T+2T - triple twofooted
2A+2T+2T
FCSp
2A
2S
FSSp
StSq
3T - fall
ChSq
CCoSp

Score: 34.94+41.28-2.00=74.22, 110.76 and in 2nd

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I prefer Yuzuru's free to the one he did last year, but I agree with people saying that it feels like a lot of technical content and not much in between. That score on the other hand shows that this seems to be the way to go. He obviously still has stamina issues, but I doubt they will ever go away, considering his asthma. The costume I don't really hate it, but I don't like it either. He can't go with his last Romeo outfit though, that suited him a lot. Still a bit miffed about the repeated character and prefer the older Kissing You/R&J, but it is not as boring as I thought. I say chances are good for that OGM.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
phaeljones said:
I loved this skate, especially for the first one of the year. That ina bauer! Spectacular! I think this was a really amazing performance. So happy for him. Can't wait until St. John.

For me, that Ina Bauer is the most beautiful and memorable moment I've seen in all of the Men's LPs so far. And when in a program with a 4S, a 4T and a 3A2T out of a freakin' spread eagle-counter the best part happens during the choreographic sequence, that says something.

After JO yesterday, Yuzuru has the strongest LP out of the top male contenders, IMO. He still lacked some emotional impact and passion here, true, but it's early and it's already worlds better than NDP. Given that he usually is more of a strong LP skater rallying back after a subpar SP, this LP should be a good weapon for him when the Olypmics come. Until yesterday, Javi was my favorite for the OGM, but I'm not too sure anymore. I have like no idea. This men's field is like a grab bag.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
My stream doesn't work now. Anyone with the same problems?

It's fine now

Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA (RUS)

Music: Malaguena

Black long-sleeved sparkly dress. Black tights and gloves :disapp:

2Lz+3T
3Lz
3F
LSp
FSSp
2A+3T
3S+2T+2Lo
3Lo
StSq
ChSq
A
CCoSp

Solid skate w/ 6 triples. Good expression throughout. That costume though is too drab for this kind of program.

Score: 61.88+59.44=121.32, 173.45 and into 1st