Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 552

Thread: Finlandia Trophy 04 -06.10. 2013

  1. #16
    Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,012
    Vanessa Lam has been added to the Ladies entries.

    Her name appears now on the Finlandia Trophy page in Sara's post above as well as on US Figure Skating's assignments page.

  2. #17
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,378
    Is Finlandia to close to the US Senior B competition for Courtney Hicks to compete? I don't see picking someone like Lam over Hicks makes a lot of sense especially looking at where they are in their respective skating careers.

  3. #18
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    61
    Maybe USFS does not want to see Mirai lose Internationally. Hicks was miles ahead of her this summer. Lam has the same UR issues but lower PCS.

  4. #19
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    255
    I think it's more like USFSA wants Courtney to win gold at a sr B this year. They are probably going to give her either challenge cup or coupe de nice, depending on whichever Alissa wants first. Both of those senior Bs are during the GP season and top skaters won't be attending. Courtney would have a great chance at the full 250 ranking points. In such a deep field in Finlandia, she might not have gotten any points, and every senior B is important for the us skaters now that there are so many seniors.

  5. #20
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    346
    Team Finland has been announced. Kiira Korpi is participating together with some less well-known Finnish skaters, such as Juulia Turkkila and Valtter Virtanen.

  6. #21
    Custom Title FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,871
    Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    I think it's more like USFSA wants Courtney to win gold at a sr B this year. They are probably going to give her either challenge cup or coupe de nice, depending on whichever Alissa wants first. Both of those senior Bs are during the GP season and top skaters won't be attending. Courtney would have a great chance at the full 250 ranking points. In such a deep field in Finlandia, she might not have gotten any points, and every senior B is important for the us skaters now that there are so many seniors.
    Challenge Cup is usually before Worlds in The Hague, isn't it?

  7. #22
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Challenge Cup is usually before Worlds in The Hague, isn't it?
    Yes, Alissa competed there before her disastrous performance at Worlds. Many figure skating use it as a test competition before worlds. Carolina also competed there the same year with Alissa. For Alissa it was a clear sign that something was wrong.
    It will take place on 5-9 March 2014 and Worlds will be on 24-30 March.

  8. #23
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,596
    I'm guessing icellist might be referring to Ice Challenge, which is held in Graz in November.

  9. #24
    Custom Title FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I'm guessing icellist might be referring to Ice Challenge, which is held in Graz in November.
    Yes, that's probably correct...

  10. #25
    Custom Title SaraM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    468
    Sara do you happen to have info on live streams? I know theres a finish channel who wil broadcast live right?

  11. #26
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    346
    At least last year there was live stream (not the entire event, but most parts of it) through the Finnish TV company Yle and it wasn't geoblocked. I'm not sure how it will be this year. Most likely Yle will provide live broadcast again. http://areena.yle.fi/tv/ ("suorat lähetykset" on the lower right side means live broadcasting, you can check from there when the event starts).

  12. #27
    Custom Title SaraM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    468
    Thanks!! Fingers crossed they will stream it!

  13. #28
    ~high art~
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    636
    Ahh so waiting for the heavenly creatures Virtue and Moir

  14. #29
    Custom Title SaraM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by Moment View Post
    Ahh so waiting for the heavenly creatures Virtue and Moir

  15. #30
    Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Moment View Post
    Ahh so waiting for the heavenly creatures Virtue and Moir
    Me three.

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •