Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Finlandia Trophy 04 -06.10. 2013

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Julia is just exclusive Senior now right?
    first full senior season you mean
    eligible to all ISU held events

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir CAN FD Glazunov's ballet, Seasons, and Scriabin's, Piano Concerto in F-sharp minor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9oxkHhYJ_U

Madison Chock & Evan Bates USA FD Les Miserables soundtrack (One More Day)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JXQHFDTk_Y

Tobias/Stagniunas FD James Bondy Medley, including Skyfall
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1T-NSTJuW0

Justyna Plutowska/Peter Gerber POL fD The Artist soundtrack
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ent5_CU7E

Henna Lindholm/Ossi Kanervo FIN FD Cinema Paradiso
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FF7w-H5xp8

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    first full senior season you mean eligible to all ISU held events
    she is only going to compete as a senior is what I think. So I don't see reasons to compare her to any juniors like she is going to be competing against radionova at all. Maybe at senior Russian nationals? But that's just because radionova is eligible.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTheMusician View Post
    What a lovely program of Mirai! The speed compared to Finnish girls was great. Beautiful spins, coming to 2A... Gorgeus! Not sure if the combination was clean.
    Mirai's spins are the best in the business. Why do we need a complicated system to just give her credit for being the best in that area? I really like her program. Too bad, she is so under-the-microscope with the judges.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    Mirai's spins are the best in the business. Why do we need a complicated system to just give her credit for being the best in that area? I really like her program. Too bad, she is so under-the-microscope with the judges.
    Exactly! If it was anybody else on the under the scope, the jumps would've been called 3F-3T< and the 3L would've gotten the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by IleK View Post
    Liza...Oh, Liza! She is such a pretty face and I think she is a very nice girl. But why is she killing us with those black tights again and again. We sould all sign a petition and send her not to wear those anymore.
    I thought this was over and yet here again i still see some complaints.
    I love non flesh-colored tights and all but skaters have the right to wear any kind of color.
    That petition won't ever happen though

Custom Title
    Chock & Bates...maybe it's me (and boy was that a rough sketch of a skate), but that music doesn't seem to suit them that well. Maybe it's because I'm bored to tears by Les Miz. She's got Drama Diva written all over her, but I think that's the wrong music. Or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    Chock & Bates...maybe it's me (and boy was that a rough sketch of a skate), but that music doesn't seem to suit them that well. Maybe it's because I'm bored to tears by Les Miz. She's got Drama Diva written all over her, but I think that's the wrong music. Or is it just me?
    I think that it is a mistake for any team to do one day more with vocals. So much is going on with the music that it is hard (maybe impossible) to convey the full depth of it in the dance.

Medalist
    No, it isn't just you. Her costume, while lovely, looks a bit too demure for her fiery personality. And I still am not sold on the two of them as a partnership--there's quite a height difference, and they just have two entirely different "looks."

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    OK. I love both D/W and V/M... but push-come-to-shove prefer D/W... so this is probably going to be unjustly viewed as sniping.

Overall, I don't like this FD half as much as their others. It's pleasant, but not at all dramatic. Tessa is a beautiful woman with dramatic flair, and this doesn't do her justice. I did like the circular steps at the beginning. I expected the music and the program to build from there, and it didn't, at least going by what I saw on my tiny computer screen.

The audience response was tepid, and so were their marks. Even this early in the season, this is alarming to me. I'm not sure if it just wasn't skated to its best, or if I'm just finding the overall program a dud.

I wasn't a fan of Carmen, but at least it played to their strengths, and gave Tess some opportunity to shine. I much prefer it to this program.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinary person View Post
    I thought this was over and yet here again i still see some complaints.
    I love non flesh-colored tights and all but skaters have the right to wear any kind of color.
    That petition won't ever happen though
    They have the right to wear pink tights and dye their hair green but that doesn't mean that we have to like it. It is very obvious that wearing those tights it is not a good thing for Liza but of course she can do whatever she wants. The dress she was wearing is a very delicate one with no sleeves, very short that has nothing to do with some black tights (in a different kind of black) that she use to wear at practice. I've seen recently at Nebelhorn a very beautiful girl, tall with skinny legs, I think from Bulgaria, coached by Andrei Lutai, who wore some very thin and delicate tights that matched very well her also delicate dress. It looked great, something that made me remember her. Also Fleur Maxwell wore the same kind of thin tights for her long program. Nobody said anything about why they wore them because they didn't hurt the eye. Figure skating has to be artistic from head to toes.
    And about the petition it was a joke but what I was trying to say is that it would be nice if the skaters would receive some feedback from their fans. For example, some skaters show pictures of their new costumes on facebook or twitter asking for opinions. The "petition" was a nice thought, not a bad one, to help Liza, because I am sure that at some point she will grow up enough to get rid of those tights and show us the lady she has become. She is too pretty and too young to hide behind some black costumes, always the same, just because she thinks she is too fat. She never wore the tights, nor black dresses before last year when she had the grow spurt.

Medalist
    Hmm, I wasn't so much bored as frustrated. They've gone back to the ooey-gooey (surprise surprise), and after the stylistic chances they've taken the last few years, it was disappointing. I do, however, like almost all of the new lifts (though that one where Ms V looks like she is doing a backflip into a pool just never works for me).
    I don't envy them, that's for sure. It's easy to get the sense that the judges aren't looking to have a repeat Olympic champion (Grishuk and Platov perhaps will be the only ever), and that no matter what the reigning champions do (break new ground vs. stay with the tried-and-true), it's not going to be what the judges want. Do the judges even know what they want? I hope that Tessa and Scott enjoy the season, take care of the factors that are within their control, and then just let everything else go.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I think that it is a mistake for any team to do one day more with vocals. So much is going on with the music that it is hard (maybe impossible) to convey the full depth of it in the dance.
    I agree. It's distracting, especially when the vocals go on and on and on. It's the same problem I have with Weaver & Poje's FD.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir CAN FD Glazunov's ballet, Seasons, and Scriabin's, Piano Concerto in F-sharp minor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9oxkHhYJ_U

Madison Chock & Evan Bates USA FD Les Miserables soundtrack (One More Day)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JXQHFDTk_Y

Tobias/Stagniunas FD James Bondy Medley, including Skyfall
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1T-NSTJuW0

Justyna Plutowska/Peter Gerber POL fD The Artist soundtrack
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ent5_CU7E

Henna Lindholm/Ossi Kanervo FIN FD Cinema Paradiso
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FF7w-H5xp8
    Thanks, Doris, for uploading the videos.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    OK. I love both D/W and V/M... but push-come-to-shove prefer D/W... so this is probably going to be unjustly viewed as sniping.

Overall, I don't like this FD half as much as their others. It's pleasant, but not at all dramatic. Tessa is a beautiful woman with dramatic flair, and this doesn't do her justice. I did like the circular steps at the beginning. I expected the music and the program to build from there, and it didn't, at least going by what I saw on my tiny computer screen.

The audience response was tepid, and so were their marks. Even this early in the season, this is alarming to me. I'm not sure if it just wasn't skated to its best, or if I'm just finding the overall program a dud.

I wasn't a fan of Carmen, but at least it played to their strengths, and gave Tess some opportunity to shine. I much prefer it to this program.
    The audience reaction was rather tepid, wasn't it? I found that VERY surprising.

Look, Voir are so talented they could do this kind of program in their sleep. And I suspect that's the main problem...

Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast