Finlandia Trophy 04 -06.10. 2013 | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Finlandia Trophy 04 -06.10. 2013

Willemijn

Rinkside
The music was Korngolds Violin Concerto. Very interesting choice, but I am afraid she is a little too young for a mature interpretation of that.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Giada RUSSO (ITA)

Music: W.E. by Abel Korzeniowski

Dark blue dress. Sparkly sweetheart neckline. Sheer sleeves.

3T+2T+2T
Lo - fell on entrance
2A - SE entry
3T - fall
LSp
3S+2T
3S - fall, looked <
FCCoSp
StSq
2A
ChSq
CCoSp

Score: 35.33+43.76-3.00=76.09, 119.60 and into 4th

glee

Rinkside
That is what I heard too, but according to the rules vocals are not allowed. So if this "talking" is not considered vocals, then how are we to interpret the rule?
At 2011 Worlds, Yuna's program also had hummings, but it didn't cause her much problems.
I thought voices WITHOUT lyrics were okay(as long as they don't have any meanings.)

Also, although it may sound like lyrics, if it doesn't have meanings, as i mentioned, it's okay.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Rosaliina KUPARINEN (FIN)

Music: Violin Concerto No. 5 by Henri Vieuxtemps

Blue button-up dress w/draped back. Sparkly buttons and belt

3S - turnout
2F+2T
1Lz
3Lz - fall
FCSSp
2T+2T
2A
3T
CCoSp
StSq
ChSq
CSp

Score: 37.30+42.80-1.00=79.10, 122.91 and into 4th

Dots

Final Flight
The best part about this program is the gorgeous blue dress. I say give her an extra point or two for the effort.

AnnaTheMusician

On the Ice
At 2011 Worlds, Yuna's program also had hummings, but it didn't cause her much problems.
I thought voices WITHOUT lyrics were okay(as long as they don't have any meanings.)

Also, although it may sound like lyrics, if it doesn't have meanings, as i mentioned, it's okay.

Liza had also singing without lyrics in her SP, Kiira has hummings in her FS. I assume human voice is fine if there aren't any recognizable words, even when there are talking in music.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Wow, Akkos dress is so stunning...this woman never lets me down when it comes to dresses :love:

Icey

Record Breaker
vocal noun: A vocal sound. So unless the rules spell out that they are referring to singing specifically, her music is in violation. A human voice making any kind of sound would be in violation. What is the penalty for that kind of violation?

Dots

Final Flight
Like my old coach would say, a lady should always dress the part. I hate when these girls come out looking like they just came out of a dumpster. I mean a good fashion sense never hurt anyone. :cool:

glee

Rinkside
If it's the case of music violation, the skater gets 1 point deduction.
But if it goes that way, lots of skaters should have gotten the deduction..:slink:

Icey

Record Breaker
Like my old coach would say, a lady should always dress the part. I hate when these girls come out looking like they just came out of a dumpster. I mean a good fashion sense never hurt anyone. :cool:

Well, first you have to be a lady lmao