Finlandia Trophy 04 -06.10. 2013 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Finlandia Trophy 04 -06.10. 2013

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight
From Ricky's fb:

Perfect warmup, but let it go in the short. Get your head in the game, Dornbush, and put it out in that long tomorrow.

Carmen95

Rinkside
The colours of her costume are blinding me ;)
Looked pretty solid exept that she put her hand down in the combination...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hmmm, not the SP I was hoping for from Artur (and I'm sure it's not what he was hoping for either) but not too bad. He doesn't need to come out sparkling anyway. I'll just be happy to see him get through Finlandia relatively intact and carry on to Skate America with a bit of confidence.

It's obvious who's going to win after all. I mean, 85 with an illegal element? Oh come on.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hmmm, not the SP I was hoping for from Artur (and I'm sure it's not what he was hoping for either) but not too bad. He doesn't need to come out sparkling anyway. I'll just be happy to see him get through Finlandia relatively intact and carry on to Skate America with a bit of confidence.

It's obvious who's going to win after all. I mean, 85 with an illegal element? Oh come on.

Where did you see that? I don't see any protocols.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
karne said:

Given that he usually scored 95+ with that 3A, I don't see a problem with 85 without it...

Edit: Men have to do a 3A in the SP; that's why I though karne meant the 1A as the illegal element :scratch:

Carmen95

Rinkside
Does anyone know the name of Mirais music?

Lovely :) She looked great, loved her performance, her beautiful costume and her sweet smile in the end :)

AnnaTheMusician

On the Ice
What a lovely program of Mirai! The speed compared to Finnish girls was great. Beautiful spins, coming to 2A... Gorgeus! Not sure if the combination was clean.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What was an illegal element in Yuzurus SP? :confused:

Men have to do a 2A or 3A. There's no 1A option. Illegal element. 85 when a whole jumping pass gets chucked is just...really?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Men have to do a 2A or 3A. There's no 1A option. Illegal element. 85 when a whole jumping pass gets chucked is just...really?

I'm not sure if it's considered an illegal element. I think he would just get the value of a 1A -3 in GOE, no?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I though that was a nice start for Mirai though I still feel she's still skating though the music. I like that spread eagle into the 2A and her spins were great,

54.81 seems sort of low, though.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Mrs.P said:
I'm not sure if it's considered an illegal element. I think he would just get the value of a 1A -3 in GOE, no?

Yes, it's not discounted completly like an illegal elemnt usually is. 1A with -3's is pretty close to zero points though.