Finlandia Trophy 04 -06.10. 2013 | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Finlandia Trophy 04 -06.10. 2013

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yes, it's not discounted completly like an illegal elemnt usually is. 1A with -3's is pretty close to zero points though.

Right.

I'm not outraged with 85 with a 1A. That program looks even better than when I saw it at Skate America (again, the axel error nonwithstanding) last year. He usually scores 10+ on his Axel, especially since it's done in the second half, so he would've been in the 95 range (as he was in SkAm) if he didn't make that error.

ETA: He earned 11.49 points on the 3A at Skate America last year....so he lost a ton of points.

Icey

Record Breaker
Yes, I am surprised Mirai's score wasn't higher. Beautiful use of arms and hands.

Kalina

On the Ice
Men have to do a 2A or 3A. There's no 1A option. Illegal element. 85 when a whole jumping pass gets chucked is just...really?

Well, compared to his clean skates last season he lost 10+ points in TES, which pretty much accounts for a triple axel with +GOE, so I don't see your point.

Matilda

Medalist
Mirai was lovely--but the combo was clearly UR, and I'm guessing there were URs as well. This was precisely the problem in Nats last year as well. I was also waiting for that cute smile throughout the program, but I saw no emotion on her face until the program ended :(

IleK

On the Ice
This is not good. The live link blocked for the second time during Juulia Turkkila's interview:(.

Icey

Record Breaker
Hard to understand that a skate like that only gets 10 points below mirai.

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Cant watch anymore of the live streams, work! Hope someone will post YT videos so i can catch up tonight! :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Julia has improved in her expression quite a bit! She doesn't seem as much as a robot. I really enjoyed her program!

bramweld

Record Breaker
Little Julia is bringing it. Leonova will need to put her nerves in check if she has any dreams of going to Sochi. This is a race I believe between Adelina, Liza and Julia.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
For the first time since I can remember: I REALLY liked watching Julia! There's still room to improve, but she's a lot better than last season (to my eyes, at least). Good score too :thumbsup: