Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: #ShibSibs video from Champs Camp (published Sep 1)

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar

#ShibSibs video from Champs Camp (published Sep 1)

#ShibSibs video from Champs Camp (published Sep 1) ... starring Max Aaron and Charlie White. Also on camera are Alex Shibutani in a supporting role, and the ensemble cast listed below.

Champs Camp (ShibSibs Vlog #2)
    Published on Sep 1, 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we9qODx1Kxk (1:46 in length)

We shot this short sketch in ONE TAKE, on the last night of Champs Camp. Contrary to what Alex says in the video, there are no skater-led evaluations at Champs Camp.

Shot on location at the Penrose House in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Directed by: Alex Shibutani
    Coordinated by: Maia Shibutani, Alex Shibutani, and Charlie White
    Produced by: Maia Shibutani and Alex Shibutani

CAST:

Alex Shibutani
    Max Aaron
    Charlie White
    Maia Shibutani, Ross Miner, Christina Gao, Mirai Nagasu, Samantha Cesario, Agnes Zawadzki, Felicia Zhang, Meryl Davis, Richard Dornbush, Matt Blackmer, Evan Bates, Rockne Brubaker, Nathan Bartholomay, Madison Chock, Marissa Castelli, Gracie Gold

(Decided it was time to start a new ShibsSibs thread because this vid is not from The Ice.)

Custom Title
    Poor Max.

I hope this means there's going to be one of their famous videos from Champs Camp!

Ya'll just need to ignore it. aftertherain's Avatar
    Who knew Charlie White had it in him?

Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    Who knew Charlie White had it in him?
    Spoiler alert:
    Do not click on @CharlieaWhite's tweet until after viewing the vid. But almost as funny as the vid itself is the thought that anyone ever would imagine for one second that White in real life would be capable of the behavior of his character in the vid. .

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Spoiler alert:
    Do not click on @CharlieaWhite's tweet until after viewing the vid. But almost as funny as the vid itself is the thought that anyone ever would imagine for one second that White in real life would be capable of the behavior of his character in the vid. .
    I don't believe him. He wanted to do it, I just know it. Ahahahaha!

Cute! Max is a good sport and Charlie is very funny!

#TeamAUS
    After this season, someone needs to I interview Charlie white and Meryl Davis!! C'mon TSL.

#TeamAUS
    Also, the Shibutanis. Alex has so much star power!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post
    Also, the Shibutanis. Alex has so much star power!
    Not "poor Max" but actually LUCKY Max! He got to "star" in his "own" SHIBSIBS vid. Pretty coveted opportunity.
    Ross and Adam had better get their agents on the phone ASAP to make sure they get cast for future features and VLOGS!

Given all the concept and production credits, something tells me it is actually Maia who holds a lot of the power to "pull the casting strings"

Quote Originally Posted by GGoldberg View Post
    Not "poor Max" but actually LUCKY Max! He got to "star" in his "own" SHIBSIBS vid. Pretty coveted opportunity.
    Ross and Adam had better get their agents on the phone ASAP to make sure they get cast for future features and VLOGS!

Given all the concept and production credits, something tells me it is actually Maia who holds a lot of the power to "pull the casting strings"
    LOL, Miner already starred in a recent ShibSibs video -- the one taped on summer vacation in Hawaii with the plot based on Boitano's cookbook.
    And IIRC, I think Rippon starred in the very first ShibSibs production, which was a music video.

But yes, Aaron clearly has arrived as an alpha male among Team USA skaters -- starring at his first Champs Camp opposite the matinee idol Charlie White, no less.
    Aaron had said back during his reddit AMA that the ShibSibs and he were talking about a video, but little did I expect that Aaron would be introduced in such a tour-de-force role. (I guess his agent knew how to win over media mogul Maia.)

Custom Title
    cute video but really what is MAX thinking with that hair?? Johnny Weir and Daisuke Takahahsi have a cat fight or run into each other at the local Saks Fifth Avenue and gith over a designer bag and this is what you get? Okay enough snarking but really I am not sure what look he is going for but it isn't a good one for skating or...It is rather distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Okay enough snarking ...
    Agree with your comment about yourself, SB.

~~~~~~~~~~

From ‏@MaiaShibutani, a companion still photo to the video:
    "The Committee" from our latest #ShibSibs video from #ChampsCamp.… http://instagram.com/p/dxwdtky7jU/
    5:49 PM - 2 Sep 13
    https://twitter.com/MaiaShibutani/st...95725869068288

LOL, am surprised to see one of the faces among this group.

Custom Title
    I think it may be conflict of interest for Max to sit on that committee, don't you?

Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    I think it may be conflict of interest for Max to sit on that committee, don't you?
    It was the original committee ... before a sudden expansion (where Meryl Davis and others were added on) and then an overthrow. Judging by that one guy's seating arrangement as the left hand of the left hand (yes, you are reading that correctly) of Charlie White, I would say that he had fallen out of favor.

Then again, seating arrangements can be deceiving. The real boss in that room is Maia Shibutani. Charlie White may just be her mouthpiece.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast