JGP Czech Skate 2013 Entries are up | Golden Skate

JGP Czech Skate 2013 Entries are up

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Of course the Russian girls and Edmunds are really strong, but don't forget Riona Kato and Hae-Jin Kim! Another very tough field...
And, Tanaka is still junior!! :eek: (that's the 4th season I think)

Country
Russia
Riona Kato had 144.06 few days ago (TES 29.30 in SP and 54.01 in FS), see "Junior Ladies" at http://allyearfsc.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/index.htm
Not so high to compete with above mentioned three.

Hae Jin Kim - I remember her results at JGP and JrWorlds past season.
And her 154.81 at Korean Qualifiers to JGP.
So ... all may be, women are so unpredictable. But with not so high probability.

All (of Russian and US Teams) may be changed because of results of previous Events. In fact we don't know who will compete.

Tanaka is strong skater (last Junior season), one of Final pretenders.

bluesky85

On the Ice
The Russian ladies and Edmunds will be hard to beat. They are capable of scoring between 160-170 or even higher. I am not so sure about Proklava yet but she has shown strong performance this year. Hae-jin might be able to challenge one of them, but she will have to be completely clean and/or one of the above three will have to make mistakes.

icellist

On the Ice
Surprising choices from USFSA, Kiri Baga and Amber Glenn. could change, it's only sept 6

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
USA changes

Now Angela Wang and Amber Glenn. USFS has also pulled all entrants from the men's competition (never seen that happen before) and reassigned one of the pairs to Taillin without replacing them. So: 2 ladies, 0 men, 1 pair, 2 dance.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Now Angela Wang and Amber Glenn. USFS has also pulled all entrants from the men's competition (never seen that happen before) and reassigned one of the pairs to Taillin without replacing them. So: 2 ladies, 0 men, 1 pair, 2 dance.

The US men have been doing kind of meh except for Chen, so it's extreme but not entirely crazy. In terms of pairs, they have such a low volume of junior age eligible pairs to begin with. Guess they don't want to give all of them 2 assignments.

And Hannah Miller still has the last assigment with Tyler Pierce for JGP 7. Hopefully she can actually go.

bluesky85

On the Ice
This looks like another strong field for the ladies similar to the one in Slovakia or Riga.
My predictions:

1. Alexandra Proklava (She can score up to 170+)
2. Maria Sotskova (She can score up to 165+)
3 & 4. Angela Wang or Riona Kato (They can score 150-165)
5-9. Brooklee Han, Kaori Sakamoto Julianne Seguin, Amber Glenn or Haejin Kim (They can score 135-150)
10 & 11. Elizaveta Ukolova or Jenni Saarinen (They can score 120-135)

But again, anything can happen in figure skating, so we will see!

lcd

Match Penalty
Wow. Between this event and Nepala, lots of skating in the Czech republic this week!