Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Yuna Kim says Adios Nonino is the most diffiult program she's ever done

  1. #1
    Yuna's Ice Rink cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,280

    Yuna Kim says Adios Nonino is the most diffiult program she's ever done

    she said that she was regretful a month after she started working on the program because of the choreography and not a moment when she can take a rest.. and that it is more complex than she originally thought to be..but she said that she's getting used to it and she will do her best..

    http://www.newsis.com/ar_detail/view...0810&pID=10800

    -should be interesting..

    from the EI event.. her last public appearance.. before Skate Canada

    http://image.tvdaily.co.kr/upimages/...254_567228.jpg
    http://imgnews.naver.net/image/108/2...0904173103.jpg
    http://imgnews.naver.net/image/018/2...0904173004.jpg
    http://imgnews.naver.net/image/410/2...0904173009.jpg

    happy 24th birthday yuna!!!

  2. #2
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    1,678
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    happy 24th birthday yuna!!!
    Happy 23 birthday (I'm the same age as Mao/Yuna, so it's easier for me to remember this things )
    I can't wait to see her LP. I am usually more excited about her Sp's but not now. I am also curious if she'll get a red dress and break the "blue color" curse at last

  3. #3
    Six Point Zero Krislite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Yunaverse
    Posts
    1,552
    Yuna's b-day!

    As for her new choreography, that sounds exciting!

  4. #4
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    546
    WoW, today is Yuna's birthday!! Happy birthday Yuna!

  5. #5
    Yuna's Ice Rink cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,280
    courtesy from bmelanie

    Some quotes from a fanmeet event press conference that Yuna attended recently

    On Adios Nonino, her LP program
    "I never thought it would be such a difficult program. The choreography allows for almost no rests during the entire program. When I first heard the song, I was very satisfied, but in a month I immediately started to regret it... The choreography has been complete for a good while now. I'm going to work very hard to perform it well."

    On training
    "I train every day from Monday to Saturday, then I take a break on Sunday. But I can't let myself get tired on Sunday, in case it makes it hard for Monday training, so I only take a short break."
    "I'm still not sure of how to overcome the hardest moments. I try to think, 'It's hard now, but in time it will be a memory I can look back and laugh at, this too will pass.'"

  6. #6
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post

    ..."I never thought it would be such a difficult program. The choreography allows for almost no rests during the entire program. When I first heard the song, I was very satisfied, but in a month I immediately started to regret it... The choreography has been complete for a good while now. I'm going to work very hard to perform it well."
    Does this mean that, this LP will include many new choreographic (not generic DW choreography) moves that Yuna has never done before. That's the reason Yuna felt it is so difficult along with no resting point. It alway is a treat to see Yuna try new stuff.

  7. #7
    :) aftertherain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,406
    HAPPY SECOND ANNIVERSARY FROM THE DAY YOU TURNED TWENTY-ONE (according to the Western calendar), YUNA!

    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    On Adios Nonino, her LP program
    "I never thought it would be such a difficult program. The choreography allows for almost no rests during the entire program. When I first heard the song, I was very satisfied, but in a month I immediately started to regret it... The choreography has been complete for a good while now. I'm going to work very hard to perform it well."
    I remember her saying something along the lines of this for "The Lark Ascending" as well. I look forward to it, but this time I hope that she will feel like she has done the music and choreography justice, something that she expressed regret at before.

    Quote Originally Posted by yyyskate View Post
    Does this mean that, this LP will include many new choreographic (not generic DW choreography) moves that Yuna has never done before.

    That's the reason Yuna felt it is so difficult along with no resting point.
    I love how you start with a statement, which is actually a question, and then answer yourself with the "reason" that she'll do what you think she'll do.

    But yes, hopefully that program will have nothing to do with the dreadful appendix/abdomen/uterus-holding. Anymore of that and I'll hope that she gets her digestive system checked out.

  8. #8
    ~high art~
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    636
    Happy Birthday Yuna

  9. #9
    :) aftertherain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    happy 24th birthday yuna!!!
    Happy 23 birthday (I'm the same age as Mao/Yuna, so it's easier for me to remember this things )
    It is her 24th birthday according to some eastern countries. In South Korea and other parts of Asia, you are already one year old when you are born. So she is both twenty-three and twenty-four years old depending on which system you follow.

  10. #10
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    because of the choreography and not a moment when she can take a rest.. and that it is more complex than she originally thought to be..
    Wicked David Wilson, what did you do to her!

  11. #11
    Miserere Nobis
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas Darling
    Posts
    1,529
    However old she is, happy birthday, Yuna!

  12. #12
    Custom Title plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,900
    Happy birthday!

  13. #13
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by ehdtkqorl123 View Post
    Wicked David Wilson, what did you do to her!
    Transitions.... Transitions everywhere.

    I'm so excited for this program. It seems as if a lot of skaters in their final year have chosen to go full circle like Yuna bringing back a tango, Mao bringing back Chopin, and Evgeni bringing back all of his programs. I'm sure it will be an amazing blast of the past and will be a great way to send off some of the figure skating greats.

  14. #14
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,331
    September 5 is her b-day, according to Wikipedia.

  15. #15
    :) aftertherain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,406
    Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    September 5 is her b-day, according to Wikipedia.
    It is September 4th where I am, but it is the 5th in S. Korea. It has been for (more than) seven hours -- currently 7:45 AM in Seoul.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •