Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yuna Kim says Adios Nonino is the most diffiult program she's ever done

Yuna Kim says Adios Nonino is the most diffiult program she's ever done

she said that she was regretful a month after she started working on the program because of the choreography and not a moment when she can take a rest.. and that it is more complex than she originally thought to be..but she said that she's getting used to it and she will do her best..

http://www.newsis.com/ar_detail/view...0810&pID=10800

-should be interesting..

from the EI event.. her last public appearance.. before Skate Canada

http://image.tvdaily.co.kr/upimages/...254_567228.jpg
    http://imgnews.naver.net/image/108/2...0904173103.jpg
    http://imgnews.naver.net/image/018/2...0904173004.jpg
    http://imgnews.naver.net/image/410/2...0904173009.jpg

happy 24th birthday yuna!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    Happy 23 birthday (I'm the same age as Mao/Yuna, so it's easier for me to remember this things )
    I can't wait to see her LP. I am usually more excited about her Sp's but not now. I am also curious if she'll get a red dress and break the "blue color" curse at last

Yuna's b-day!

As for her new choreography, that sounds exciting!

Custom Title
    WoW, today is Yuna's birthday!! Happy birthday Yuna!

courtesy from bmelanie

Some quotes from a fanmeet event press conference that Yuna attended recently

On Adios Nonino, her LP program
    "I never thought it would be such a difficult program. The choreography allows for almost no rests during the entire program. When I first heard the song, I was very satisfied, but in a month I immediately started to regret it... The choreography has been complete for a good while now. I'm going to work very hard to perform it well."

On training
    "I train every day from Monday to Saturday, then I take a break on Sunday. But I can't let myself get tired on Sunday, in case it makes it hard for Monday training, so I only take a short break."
    "I'm still not sure of how to overcome the hardest moments. I try to think, 'It's hard now, but in time it will be a memory I can look back and laugh at, this too will pass.'"

Custom Title

..."I never thought it would be such a difficult program. The choreography allows for almost no rests during the entire program. When I first heard the song, I was very satisfied, but in a month I immediately started to regret it... The choreography has been complete for a good while now. I'm going to work very hard to perform it well."
    Does this mean that, this LP will include many new choreographic (not generic DW choreography) moves that Yuna has never done before. That's the reason Yuna felt it is so difficult along with no resting point. It alway is a treat to see Yuna try new stuff.

HAPPY SECOND ANNIVERSARY FROM THE DAY YOU TURNED TWENTY-ONE (according to the Western calendar), YUNA!

On Adios Nonino, her LP program
    "I never thought it would be such a difficult program. The choreography allows for almost no rests during the entire program. When I first heard the song, I was very satisfied, but in a month I immediately started to regret it... The choreography has been complete for a good while now. I'm going to work very hard to perform it well."
    I remember her saying something along the lines of this for "The Lark Ascending" as well. I look forward to it, but this time I hope that she will feel like she has done the music and choreography justice, something that she expressed regret at before.

Quote Originally Posted by yyyskate View Post
    Does this mean that, this LP will include many new choreographic (not generic DW choreography) moves that Yuna has never done before.

That's the reason Yuna felt it is so difficult along with no resting point.
    I love how you start with a statement, which is actually a question, and then answer yourself with the "reason" that she'll do what you think she'll do.

But yes, hopefully that program will have nothing to do with the dreadful appendix/abdomen/uterus-holding. Anymore of that and I'll hope that she gets her digestive system checked out.

~high art~
    Happy Birthday Yuna

Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Happy 23 birthday (I'm the same age as Mao/Yuna, so it's easier for me to remember this things )
    It is her 24th birthday according to some eastern countries. In South Korea and other parts of Asia, you are already one year old when you are born. So she is both twenty-three and twenty-four years old depending on which system you follow.

Custom Title
    because of the choreography and not a moment when she can take a rest.. and that it is more complex than she originally thought to be..
    Wicked David Wilson, what did you do to her!

Miserere Nobis
    However old she is, happy birthday, Yuna!

Happy birthday!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ehdtkqorl123 View Post
    Wicked David Wilson, what did you do to her!
    Transitions.... Transitions everywhere.

I'm so excited for this program. It seems as if a lot of skaters in their final year have chosen to go full circle like Yuna bringing back a tango, Mao bringing back Chopin, and Evgeni bringing back all of his programs. I'm sure it will be an amazing blast of the past and will be a great way to send off some of the figure skating greats.

Custom Title
    September 5 is her b-day, according to Wikipedia.

Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    September 5 is her b-day, according to Wikipedia.
    It is September 4th where I am, but it is the 5th in S. Korea. It has been for (more than) seven hours -- currently 7:45 AM in Seoul.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast