DWTS cast | Page 2 | Golden Skate

DWTS cast

heyang

Record Breaker
If you get Ovation, they often have reruns of past seasons of So You THink You can Dance.

They also had a 'reality' show where Nigel Lythgoe challenged the ballet boys to create a dance troupe in 30 days. SYTYCD season 2's Allyson Holker was host/assistant. It was much more of a behind the scene's look at how a dance company works as compared to All The Right Moves.

Ovation also airs reruns of Smash.

http://www.ovationtv.com/

heyang

Record Breaker
I wish Ivan Koumaev from SYTYCD would come on as a pro for DWTS.

but he's a hip hop dancer. While he definitely grew a lot as a dancer during SYTYCD and had a some outstanding performances with Allyson Holker, he was far from a professional caliber for DWTS...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
but he's a hip hop dancer. While he definitely grew a lot as a dancer during SYTYCD and had a some outstanding performances with Allyson Holker, he was far from a professional caliber for DWTS...

yeah he has to be able to teach correct technique. it'd be a disadvantage to partner with him.

heyang

Record Breaker
Just watched the opening # and noticed that DWTS 'copied' SYTYCD by having the cast and judges participate in the opening #. It's definitely a fun way to open the season.

I noticed that both Witney and Lindsay were both in the DTWS crew - they were on the same season of SYTYCD an Lindsay was one of last year's DWTS pro's.

heyang

Record Breaker
Enjoyed how proud Sharen and Ozzy were of their son Jack's performance. So far, the 'stars' don't seem to have two -left feet.

yeah he has to be able to teach correct technique. it'd be a disadvantage to partner with him.

I would imagine that the only dancers DWTS hires from SYTYCD are the ones who trained as ballroom dancers. They not only have to teach correct technique, but it's my understanding that they have to do the choreography, too. They need a lifetime of training, practice, and competing in actual ballroom competitions, which have a vocabulary and procedure all their own.

The show so far: Corbin Bleu is splendid! But Bill Nye the Science Guy is just so charming: I hope he stays for at least a few weeks. His popularity with the voting audience might just carry him through.

heyang

Record Breaker
The show so far: Corbin Bleu is splendid! But Bill Nye the Science Guy is just so charming: I hope he stays for at least a few weeks. His popularity with the voting audience might just carry him through.

After the initial announcement, a poll was taken. Results showed that people were the most excited by the participation of Bill Nye.

BTW, I thought Amber Riley was fabulous. She's never danced like that on Glee.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I loved Bill Nye growing up, he made science fun and accessible.

That being said his outright hatred of people who dare to believe in religion is saddening. He makes the same mistake a lot on the other side of the great divide makes in making hurtful absolutes. I don't like having a childhood hero consider me stupid for daring to take a different understanding to the world. But that's just me.

I love Bill Engvall and hope he does well!

All but a couple of the contestants were really good for the first show. I think this is one of the strongest casts they've ever had. Quite of few of the celebs obviously have previous dance experience (which decreases the charm factor a tad, but oh well.)

Scrufflet

Final Flight
I'm amazed at how much I enjoyed tonight! I don't have any faves yet but I'd like the comedian to stick around for a bit and see how far he can improve. Bill Nye was fun too. Who knew Amber could move like that?
Wow, great start!

heyang

Record Breaker
I was surprised that Keshon Johnson didn't do as well. I do think it's related to nerves and that if he doesn't get eliminated that he'll likely find his competitive spirit.

Valerie Harper brought tears to my eyes. It's good to hear that she's in remission and that she's an inspiration to live life as fully as possible. You could also see that she has prior dance experience.

Bill Engvall was also surprise - he did much better than I thought he would.

Somehow I missed Leah Remini.

I was also surprised that Elizabeth Berkley was only scored with 8's while Amber Riley got 9's. I thought they should've scored equally.

I was surprised that Keshon Johnson didn't do as well. I do think it's related to nerves and that if he doesn't get eliminated that he'll likely find his competitive spirit.

I don't think it was just nerves. The way he plunks his feet down flat makes me think that he doesn't get it. It'll be a crying shame if the football vote pushes him through to the finals if this is the way he dances. Emmit Smith had "spring" in his steps from the first dance.

I also think that 9's were high for Amber, but fortunately the scores from week to week aren't cumulative.

Johar

Medalist

Maybe if they do hip hop as one of the 'special" dances like they did last year he could teach them. Oh, I can always fantasize! :)

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Some of the scores were downright silly but at least they aren't pretending that the "stars?" have no dance experience. That's been a turn off for me. Who do you think is going home?

I hope Bill Nye stays for at least one more week, preferably more. Maybe his fans will vote him through. I love the way he presented his dancer with the little gift and then said professorially, "Is this a beaker or a flask?" We need him to stick around and teach us stuff!

Scrufflet

Final Flight
This is the first time I've had no idea who will be the first to go. Wild stab - Leah Remini or the football player.

I fear that the football player will be voted through by fans, because he's such a well-known player (and very good on the football field, though not here). But I'm as bewildered as you are, Scrufflet. Really, could be any of a few dancers.