DWTS cast | Page 3 | Golden Skate

DWTS cast

TryMeLater

On the Ice
I don't think it was just nerves. The way he plunks his feet down flat makes me think that he doesn't get it. It'll be a crying shame if the football vote pushes him through to the finals if this is the way he dances. Emmit Smith had "spring" in his steps from the first dance.

I also think that 9's were high for Amber, but fortunately the scores from week to week aren't cumulative.

Only Kristi Yamaguchi received 9's in the first week until now.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was hoping that Travis Wall would win. I love Travis' choreography. I am not a happy camper. :mad:

I also admire Travis. He's already won an Emmy, I believe--or at least he's been nominated. He'll have the chance for many more, I'm sure. This guy is in it for the long haul. But I'm thrilled about Derek. I love his choreography on DWTS.

For now, concentrate on the big picture: there's an Emmy for choreography, and they showed it on the main Emmy night! Look at how dance has become mainstream these days. And most of it is due to two shows. This is a huge step forward, and it can only mean that more great dancers and choreographers will get a chance to shine in the foreseeable future.

KKonas

Medalist
Derek Hough is the only really stand out choreographer on DWTS. And he mainly does choreo for non-dancers on the show. Travis and the other notable choreographers were all from SYTYCD, and work with accomplished dancers in one area or another. It's a different standard. I am sure that in the future some or all of those nominated this year will win at least one Emmy in this category in the future.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Travis and the other notable choreographers were all from SYTYCD, and work with accomplished dancers in one area or another. It's a different standard.

That's what I thought how could you put Travis Wall in the same category with Derek and loose????

Last night I was so impressed, more so than usual, with Tony Dovolani. He presents Leah Remini, steps back and applauds her. :agree:

^ : clap: Toni is the only one who consistently presents his student, rather that trying to show off what he can do. Mark is the worst in this regard.

^ : clap: Toni is the only one who consistently presents his student, rather that trying to show off what he can do. Mark is the worst in this regard.

Tony is a splendid partner, and I'm glad he finally won a season. I gather he's a nice guy and popular among the other pros as well as with his partners.

I suppose I should be less patient with Mark than I am, but his choreography is so wonderful that I can't be peeved at him. Derek and Mark both give themselves a lot to do, but they also show off their partners by creating really original takes on the dances. I just adore both these guys but especially Derek. I wish there were something more in the film world that was open to them, like those great old MGM musicals where dancing was an important part of the storyline. I think that dance has become enough of a part of the landscape by now that someone might risk an original dance movie (i.e., not a remake like the recent Footloose).

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Both Mark & Derek are big show offs as far as I'm concerned. I can hardly watch Mark so it's break time for me when he dances. I am just hoping that Derek will start presenting Amber.

I am still just irked!!!

heyang

Record Breaker
Derek Hough is the only really stand out choreographer on DWTS. And he mainly does choreo for non-dancers on the show. Travis and the other notable choreographers were all from SYTYCD, and work with accomplished dancers in one area or another. It's a different standard. I am sure that in the future some or all of those nominated this year will win at least one Emmy in this category in the future.

One of Derek's nominations was for the # he performed with Allyson and other dancers. The pros on DWTS also choreo the group pro dancers - I don't think Derek was nominated for his choreo with his 'star'.

I wish they had shown snippets of the #'s that they were nominated for..... Only 1 of the choreo nominations was not DWTS nor SYTYCD. This category probably 'belonged' to PBS before these 2 shows came along.

heyang

Record Breaker
I was surprised that Keshon was eliminated - I thought the NFL fans would keep in 'safe' for the 1st week. Out of all the NFL player to appear on DWTS, he was definitely the most challenged as related to dancing. Seems like a really nice guy though.

It was that Paso that got him Toni. It said in the article that he was 57, sorry but I thought he was older...all smart guys look older. :laugh:

Very funny! I hope he's all right.

And Scrufflet, I agree with you that Tom Bergeron gets better and better. He's able to field almost anything and keep the show on its rails, and he can be funny without being offensive. What's more, most of what he says seems to be off the cuff, completely made up on the spur of the moment. For my money he's the best reality show announcer on TV.

Did anyone watch last night? I didn't like Derek's Charleston; it seemed kind of frenzied. But I loved Mark's choreography, and the routine itself. I also loved Corbin and Karina's quickstep. The quickstep is probably my favorite ballroom dance, and this one was a doozy. I understand that Corbin has dance experience, but it makes him so wonderful to watch that I can hardly complain about it.

I felt bad for Bill Nye, but he handled his adverse situation with great grace. I love that everyone cheered for him and that Tom B. made Brooke hold her commentary for a moment so TV viewers could hear the entire studio calling his name. I've noticed that the show producers make special efforts to boost the spirits of older, less well trained contestants because the diversity of the roster is important.

I am getting fonder and fonder of Jack Osborne. What a splendid sense of humor he has: very dry and witty.

KKonas

Medalist
Although the judges are pretending this is the greatest group of "stars" ever and are giving out ridiculous high scores so early, I find them pretty boring and have lost interest in this group altogether. Hope next season will be better.

Well, I do like Corbin Blue. But last season, with Zendaya and Kellie Pickler virtually in a dead heat, was more exciting to me.

It's amazing how fond one can become of the unlikeliest contestants after watching them work their hearts out week after week. If anyone had told me that I would enjoy watching Snooki, I would have demanded that they (or I) have a mental evaluation. And yet she was unfailingly pleasant and hardworking and a completely good sport, a tiny dynamo who worked doggedly with her pro to master the dances. There was no sign of the out-of-control diva whom I'd read about all this time. (I could never bring myself to watch her actual reality show.) It's clear that the atmosphere of DWTS is geared to building team spirit backstage, which probably promotes good behavior. So much nicer than the spurious backstabbing of the various housewives shows or Survivor. (Also shows I mostly can't watch; the commercials are bad enough.) At this point, there's almost no one I want to see voted off this show. I wish they could all stay and then just be ranked at the end, like Miss America contestants.