DWTS cast | Page 5 | Golden Skate

DWTS cast

heyang

Record Breaker
Am I mistaken? Isn't it usually a final 3, not 4?

As much as I've enjoyed Bill Engvall, I'm still shocked that he's in the final 4. Some friends who were fans before the show agree that he shouldn't be in the finals.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As much as I've enjoyed Bill Engvall, I'm still shocked that he's in the final 4.

I feel the same way about Jack O. being in the finals...I didn't enjoy him though.

When popularity keeps a really mediocre contestant going, it makes for a dissatisfying final. They interviewed the show runner, and he said that it's frustrating for the people running the show as well. He said that the lack of a separate results show has affected the rhythm of the show and how the results are tabulated (votes are from the previous week, but judges' scores are from the current week).

The effects are somewhat modulated by the fact that Engvall seems genuinely humble about the situation, and he is aware that he is skating by on fan votes rather than talent. He implies that this is awkward for him as well. But I don't know what the effect will be on viewership if he or Jack wins.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Corbin seems as genuinely humble about the judges comments. He seems like such a nice guy and excellent dancer.

I also wanted to comment on Derek...as you know I am not a big Derek fan but I've noticed quite a change in him. I think Amber has been a super student for him and has taught him some life lessons. I think she has so many talent & gifts but is also humble about them. I use to know someone that was tremendously gifted. He was a great "off the cuff" speaker. He loved it when people would praise him for his speech. He would comment that he only spent about 10 minutes preparing. After a while he kept relying on his laurels and people were catching on and got bored with him. Another friend spent hours preparing his speeches and was never satisfied. He would speak so from his heart. I think for some reason this is why I see a difference in Derek, I could be wrong but he seems to be so humble this season. I noticed last night how he stepped back and presented Amber....I think he is just in awe of her.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Any surprises about the final 3?? I would be OK with either Amber or Corbin winning, honestly leaning more toward Corbin. Your thoughts???

I thought it was very satisfying. In fact, I was happy about everyone who was in the final. The dances were wonderful.

My only problem is that the lights and noise are so exaggerated. I can't enjoy this din as much as I could if we just had music and cheering. I'd have to wear earplugs if I were there live!

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Interesting article, thanks Johar for posting it.