25 Michaela DU TOIT RSA
26 Samantha CABILES PHI
27 Brooklee HAN AUS
28 Melanie Yuung-Hui CHANG TPE
29 Da Bin CHOI KOR
30 Giada RUSSO ITA

snsd

On the Ice
So my predictions for the ladies are....

Alsu KAIUMOVA
Polina EDMUNDS
Rika HONGO
Natalia OGORELTSEVA
Mariah BELL
Julianne SEGUIN
Brooklee HAN
Da Bin CHOI

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
So my predictions for the ladies are....

Alsu KAIUMOVA
Polina EDMUNDS
Rika HONGO
Natalia OGORELTSEVA
Mariah BELL
Julianne SEGUIN
Brooklee HAN
Da Bin CHOI

Kayumova has 0% of winning the gold
if Kayumova is clean maybe the highest is silver but it will be Ogoreltseva who has a higher chance if she is clean and lands her 3lo-3Lo

snsd

On the Ice
Kayumova has 0% of winning the gold
if Kayumova is clean maybe the highest is silver but it will be Ogoreltseva who has a higher chance if she is clean and lands her 3lo-3Lo

I don't see Ogoreltseva winning with just one combo....

However my comments to her 3Lo+3Lo is that Kayumova is doing 3Lz+3T and 3F+1Lo+3S combo in her long. Plus she seems a lot more consistent and beat Ogoreltseva by a considerable margin at Russian nationals.

oleada

Record Breaker
I prefer Ogoreltseva's skating - she's so musical - but she has become very inconsistent with her jumps. I think Kaiumova is more likely to skate clean and do well here.

snsd

On the Ice
I prefer Ogoreltseva's skating - she's so musical - but she has become very inconsistent with her jumps. I think Kaiumova is more likely to skate clean and do well here.

I prefer Ogoreltseva skating as well, I wouldn't classify her as a musical skater but compared to Kayumova she is amazing.
Haha but yeah she is inconsistent and cant keep up technically.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I wonder if the ISA is waiting for this event to finish to decide which Australian lady is going to Nebelhorn?

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
os Broklee really american competing for australia?? she was born in the us and trains there dont see a aussie connection here... :think:

GF2445

Record Breaker
os Broklee really american competing for australia?? she was born in the us and trains there dont see a aussie connection here... :think:

Hi SaraM- Brooklee's father is Australian and she has family living in Melbourne, Australia.
Hope this answers your question :)

Country
Russia
I prefer Ogoreltseva skating as well, I wouldn't classify her as a musical skater but compared to Kayumova she is amazing.
Haha but yeah she is inconsistent and cant keep up technically.
Ogoreltseva has more nice skating, Kaiumova more complicated and more stable jumps.

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Hi SaraM- Brooklee's father is Australian and she has family living in Melbourne, Australia.
Hope this answers your question :)
Thanks :) but is she an australian or american citizen? I mean can she compete for australia at the olympics?

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Thanks :) but is she an australian or american citizen? I mean can she compete for australia at the olympics?

She has dual citizenship according this article and a few others. http://www.thereddingpilot.com/9744/han-skates-at-world-championships/

Her father is an Australian citizen, and Australia has a provision for "citizenship by descent" based on rules here: http://www.citizenship.gov.au/applying/how_to_apply/born_overseas/ and that they allow dual citizenship (as long as the other country also allows it)

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Polina Edmunds' 57.78 is just barely behind Karen Chen's 58.21 and Maria Sotskova's 59.45 (and a few points above Evgenia Medvedeva's 55.17)

Tech scores:
1) Sotskova (35.97)
2) Chen (33.90)
3) Edmunds (33.35)
4) Medvedeva (31.28)

PCS:

1) Edmunds (24.43)
2) Chen (24.31)
3) Medvedeva (23.89)
4) Sotskova (23.48)

So far, they're pretty much equal in PCS. Less than a point spread. Sotskova's TES gave her the advantage.

Other potential high-scoring contenders still to skate.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
My guess is that Edmunds 3t or 3lo was < and that's why her TES was a bit behind Chen and Sotskova. That being said, I thought she skated great and the combo looked very nice to me even if there was a cheat on the 3t. Bell was nice too but given the mistakes and 2lo I'm not surprised at her score.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Kaiumova with 48.42, behind Bell. Edmunds still first by nearly 8 points.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Bell likely to make final flight for FS now, of the remaining skaters, I only see 4 skaters capable of topping her score (Hongo, Seguin, Ogoreltseva, and Han - and I doubt all of them will even pass her). Low PCS for Kaiumova. I wonder if we could see the Americans go 1-2 here, it would give them both a good shot at qualifying for the JGPF.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
just as I predicted, Kayumova is a non factor
and she rightfully gets low pcs and she is slow too

only Natalia can challange if she lands her 3Lo-3lo SP and 3Lz-3Lo in the LP
btw she comes from the same region/state as Tuktamisheva, in Udmurtia

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Bell likely to make final flight for FS now, of the remaining skaters, I only see 4 skaters capable of topping her score (Hongo, Seguin, Ogoreltseva, and Han - and I doubt all of them will even pass her). Low PCS for Kaiumova. I wonder if we could see the Americans go 1-2 here, it would give them both a good shot at qualifying for the JGPF.

she was a non factor anyways
she is the same with Stavitskaia and Gerasimova, no threat of a medal this season

if Natalia O. lands her jumps has a higher chance