Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Courtney Hicks GP season?!

Hybrid View

Courtney Hicks GP season?!

I am VERY surprised that, after her stellar performance at Glacier Falls, she hasn't received any JGP/GP assignement... She isn't even in the alternates list for the JGP events! She has the U.S. Classics Senior B, yes, but I thought that (if they wanted to put her among the 3rd Olympic spot contenders), they were going to give her an assignement for some of the important events...

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    I am VERY surprised that, after her stellar performance at Glacier Falls, she hasn't received any JGP/GP assignement... She isn't even in the alternates list for the JGP events! She has the U.S. Classics Senior B, yes, but I thought that (if they wanted to put her among the 3rd Olympic spot contenders), they were going to give her an assignement for some of the important events...
    Remember that Max Aaron did not get any GP events either (he got two Senior B's instead) last season....and look where he ended up.

Sure a great splash on the GP helps, but if she brings it at Nationals, USFSA won't ignore her.

Custom Title
    I am not too worried; exactly as Mrs. P says besides there are so many contenders and pretenders in the US ladies battle to reclaim their dominance.

Custom Title
    I still don't quite get how someone like Cesario who has aged out of Juniors and has never even gone to the JGPF or won anything of note has 2 assignments while Hicks has none even though she easily beat Cesario at Nationals. As for Junior Worlds it wasn't like Cesario decisively beat her. She beat her by less then two points.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I still don't quite get how someone like Cesario who has aged out of Juniors and has never even gone to the JGPF or won anything of note has 2 assignments while Hicks has none even though she easily beat Cesario at Nationals. As for Junior Worlds it wasn't like Cesario decisively beat her. She beat her by less then two points.
    Cesario only has one assignment. The host spot at skate america

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraM View Post
    Cesario only has one assignment. The host spot at skate america
    Are you sure?
    Here http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=216 we see two (second at TEB where Silete WD).

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Remember that Max Aaron did not get any GP events either (he got two Senior B's instead) last season....and look where he ended up.

Sure a great splash on the GP helps, but if she brings it at Nationals, USFSA won't ignore her.
    I agree (I'm not worried about holding her down if favor of Samantha or anything like that), but I was really surprised that they didn't give her any big event after her great summer results... She could have easily qualified for the JGPF, for example: even her PCS would be "high" if compared to skaters like Medvedeva, Kaumova, Edmunds, Kim

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    It's unfortunate because if she did make the team, and I think it is a possibility, the international panel won't be familiar with her. I don't see how you can be 4th at Nationals and have a great summer skate and not get a GP spot from your host country.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    It's unfortunate because if she did make the team, and I think it is a possibility, the international panel won't be familiar with her. I don't see how you can be 4th at Nationals and have a great summer skate and not get a GP spot from your host country.
    I can't say I understand it, either, and I'm usually fairly forgiving with the USFSA choices (though there have been notable exceptions). The only other possibility that I can think of is that she requested not to have any Grand Prix assignments, but that is rather a stretch.

Custom Title
    I agree. Cesario hasn't really done anything to deserve two assignments and Hicks certainly should at least have one GP event.

Custom Title
    It is weird not only that she has no senior or junior assisgnements altough I think she was offered the junior GP but she said no (she probably wants to stay senior and prepare for the 3rd spot), but because she has no Senior B. I mean Nebelhorn and Finlandia are the most important senior Bs and who does USFSA send? Cain and Lam?? this is such a waste.
    But I am really, really happy for Samantha. I 've never expected this, I am sure neither has she. But it is not her fault that France prefered her. As for USFSA, I think there is no unjustice, they both some good results in the last season ant they had to pick someone and that someone happened to be Samantha. I hope she will have good performences because this is her big chance to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    That's exactly my point!

Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Shes too boring all she can do is jump... watch her and the watch kostner u know what i mean, she just dosent have a good look on the ice

On the Ice
    The "competition readiness" thing does not seem to apply to everyone! She looked great, but Keiser was the lowest I had ever seen her and still gets assigned?

Quote Originally Posted by nam57 View Post
    The "competition readiness" thing does not seem to apply to everyone! She looked great, but Keiser was the lowest I had ever seen her and still gets assigned?
    I agree with that, very suprised that keiser has a jgp shes been way off this season

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast