Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
Results 76 to 88 of 88

Thread: Courtney Hicks GP season?!

  1. #76
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,213

    News Courtney's heading to SC!

    And she did!

    https://twitter.com/USFigureSkating/...22739676688384

    NEWS: @courtneynhicks has accepted an invitation to 2013 Skate Canada International. Good luck Courtney!

  2. #77
    Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Very good! So I guess it will be a competition b/w Akiko, Julia, Kaetlyn, Gracie and Courtney...

    Before Yu-Na withdrew we already knew she'd be the winner. Now I have no idea how this one will turn out...

  3. #78
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,580
    Well deserved. If she brings her jumps this could be a break-out event for her. Yes, she has weaknesses but she jumps well enough to take advantage if it is a poorly-skated competition.

  4. #79
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,541
    I heard Osmond has had a stress fracture in her foot and was off the ice for a while.

  5. #80
    Sometimes bad skating happens to good people... LiamForeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bible Belt
    Posts
    414
    Finally Hicks has a GP. I could see her beating Gold. She is a really energetic, sometimes frenetic skater, but she has good basics and she jumps like crazy and has decent spins. There are many young women in skating that would make you go "Gracie Who?". I hope Hicks takes advantage of this Skate Canada gift. I wish her well, as I do all the others. But I thought she was robbed this season. At least she did make it to the SGP.

  6. #81
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,163
    Patience is a virtue. Congratulations to Courtney for obtaining the opportunity to compete with her peers.

  7. #82
    Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,659
    Instagram video from courtneynhicks (Oct 8):
    Did five in a row of all my jumps today EVEN TRIPLE TOELOOPS!!!  #toeloopsareevil lol here's loops 3 and 4 and lutz number 5.
    http://instagram.com/p/fOUe-ql9n5/

  8. #83
    Custom Title FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,784
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Instagram video from courtneynhicks (Oct 8):
    Did five in a row of all my jumps today EVEN TRIPLE TOELOOPS!!!  #toeloopsareevil lol here's loops 3 and 4 and lutz number 5.
    http://instagram.com/p/fOUe-ql9n5/
    Can anyone explain this to me? Does she mean that in one training session she landed 5 3T, 5 3S etc?

  9. #84
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Can anyone explain this to me? Does she mean that in one training session she landed 5 3T, 5 3S etc?
    Yes, but I read it as even slightly more impressive than just five of each jump during in one training session. I interpret this to mean she landed 5 3Ts in 5 consecutive attempts, 5 3Ss in 5 consecutive attempts, etc . . .
    Way to build consistency, Courtney!

  10. #85
    Custom Title FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,784
    Quote Originally Posted by just wondering View Post
    Yes, but I read it as even slightly more impressive than just five of each jump during in one training session. I interpret this to mean she landed 5 3Ts in 5 consecutive attempts, 5 3Ss in 5 consecutive attempts, etc . . .
    Way to build consistency, Courtney!
    Oh, yes, this is something I used to do in my training sessions (with double jumps, obviously ) too!

  11. #86
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Oh, yes, this is something I used to do in my training sessions (with double jumps, obviously ) too!
    You're too modest, FSGMT. I have no doubt your were ripping off triple after triple. :-)!!!!

  12. #87
    Custom Title FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,784
    Quote Originally Posted by just wondering View Post
    You're too modest, FSGMT. I have no doubt your were ripping off triple after triple. :-)!!!!
    Oh no, I was doing five 4T+4T+3Los in a row!!

  13. #88
    Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Chemistry Building
    Posts
    1,414
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Oh no, I was doing five 4T+4T+3Los in a row!!
    After 10 quadruple axels, right?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •