Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Courtney Hicks GP season?!

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Where did you see that? The International Assignments don't mention that: http://usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=216
    Maybe getting confused with how Angela Wang initially had the JGP Riga assignment and was replaced with Chen.

Custom Title
    Where did you see that? The International Assignments don't mention that: http://usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=216
    http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00027994.htm
    Read the list of entries, for USA, it's Karen Chen and Barbie Long. Chen is listed as an entry whereas before she was a substitute so I'm pretty sure she's going. Also, Keiser isn't even listed as a substitute anymore.

Thank you silverlake for your very informativ reply

Custom Title
    Sure a great splash on the GP helps, but if she brings it at Nationals, USFSA won't ignore her.
    It's unfortunate because if she did make the team, and I think it is a possibility, the international panel won't be familiar with her. I don't see how you can be 4th at Nationals and have a great summer skate and not get a GP spot from your host country.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00027994.htm
    Read the list of entries, for USA, it's Karen Chen and Barbie Long. Chen is listed as an entry whereas before she was a substitute so I'm pretty sure she's going. Also, Keiser isn't even listed as a substitute anymore.
    Ah, makes sense. Well, hopefully it's reflected on the international assignments soon.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    It's unfortunate because if she did make the team, and I think it is a possibility, the international panel won't be familiar with her. I don't see how you can be 4th at Nationals and have a great summer skate and not get a GP spot from your host country.
    I can't say I understand it, either, and I'm usually fairly forgiving with the USFSA choices (though there have been notable exceptions). The only other possibility that I can think of is that she requested not to have any Grand Prix assignments, but that is rather a stretch.

Custom Title
    I agree. Cesario hasn't really done anything to deserve two assignments and Hicks certainly should at least have one GP event.

Custom Title
    It is weird not only that she has no senior or junior assisgnements altough I think she was offered the junior GP but she said no (she probably wants to stay senior and prepare for the 3rd spot), but because she has no Senior B. I mean Nebelhorn and Finlandia are the most important senior Bs and who does USFSA send? Cain and Lam?? this is such a waste.
    But I am really, really happy for Samantha. I 've never expected this, I am sure neither has she. But it is not her fault that France prefered her. As for USFSA, I think there is no unjustice, they both some good results in the last season ant they had to pick someone and that someone happened to be Samantha. I hope she will have good performences because this is her big chance to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    That's exactly my point!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by IleK View Post
    It is weird not only that she has no senior or junior assisgnements altough I think she was offered the junior GP but she said no (she probably wants to stay senior and prepare for the 3rd spot), but because she has no Senior B.
    Hicks does have one Senior B assignment -- in Salt Lake City next week.

Whether she will get another, overseas, assignment remains to be seen.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    Hicks does have one Senior B assignment -- in Salt Lake City next week.

Whether she will get another, overseas, assignment remains to be seen.
    I ment aside that, being in her country and not that well known internationally. Like Finlandia and Nebelhorn are. She competes against her american rivals there, it will be like a mini national championships. I bet she would have loved some real competition like Finlandia or Nebelhorn.

The funniest thing would be if she beats Sam at Salt Lake and then Sam competes in two GPs when Courtney stays at home without having JGP/GP competitions!

Quote Originally Posted by IleK View Post
    I ment aside that, being in her country and not that well known internationally. Like Finlandia and Nebelhorn are. She competes against her american rivals there, it will be like a mini national championships. I bet she would have loved some real competition like Finlandia or Nebelhorn.
    It's probably more important for her to beat or be near point-wise with her American rivals

Custom Title
    I have to say, I completely agree with Samantha getting two spots (and mind you she originally had 0) over Courtney. As Dave on TSL said, Sam looks and skates much more like a senior lady, whereas Courtney still clunks around the ice, skating from jump to jump like a junior lady. I don't think Courtney would have been well received on the senior GP, but Sam will ver likely be well received.
    And for the record, it's going to take a miracle for Courtney to get the 3rd spot. The USFSA would have to be idiots to put her on the Olympic team, where she'd be shoved down in the rankings, versus Alissa/Agnes/Mirai/Christina.
    Courtney needs to do some serious work, NOW. Her posture, artistry, skating skills, speed, etc need serious work before she won't look out of place on the senior GP. Sam completely deserves those two spots.

Custom Title
    Then why does Gracie get to be on the GP and the world team? Her presentation isn't any better than Courtney's and they have equally strong jumps. I don't see why one skater gets pushed into the world stage (and gets inflated PCS marks for horrible choreography and interpretation) and the other is snubbed for GP events.

I agree that Courtney earned the Skate America spot over both Zhang and Cesario by soundly beating them at Nationals. She deserved at least one GP, IMO. And I don't see why the USFSA prefers Zhang and Cesario, who are way inferior technically and won't get great PCS on the GP either.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast