Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov

bramweld

Record Breaker
Reviving this thread to let you know that Elena and Nikita have the honour of being the faces of Olympic Figure Skating on the Eurosport Player.

Here is the picture that is being used as the cover photo on the Figure Skating page:

https://cpe-prod.eurosportstatic.com/images/photos/24421711/raw.png

And here is the thumbnail version being used on the Olympics Index:

https://cpe-prod.eurosportstatic.com/images/photos/24421911/385x216/cut.png

The irony! :drama:

Makes you sad thinking about how good they were at the Sochi Olympics, and how neither of them are at the Pyeongchang Olympics. :cry:

CaroLiza_fan

Better to just be glad that we had them for a while :). No more tears. :ghug:

Bahar

Rinkside
Elena shared a photo with Nikita in her instagram stories and I realized that I miss them together so much. I hope they will give eachother one more chance. Do you guys know why they are together?

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Elena shared a photo with Nikita in her instagram stories and I realized that I miss them together so much. I hope they will give eachother one more chance. Do you guys know why they are together?

I'm not the only one who reacted weirdly to that picture I guess. Maybe they are sorting out their issues once and for all.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist

Was the story taken recently, not the rehash of the old photo? If it was, I hope they are reconsidering the option to start working together - as unlikely as it seems to be, perhaps they finally realized if they were to continue with the active career, skating back together would be by far the best chance they got left. Whatever the personal issues they might have had, 4 years is a lot of water to pass under the bridge. They also have grown up. Focus on being professional, I don't think it is an improbable scenario. I really hope so, they were really something else together, and it was such a pity, two incredible talents wasted too early.

charlotte14

Medalist
Or maybe it's just: "Ok, we can talk face to face again without feeling bitter."

Bahar

Rinkside
Was the story taken recently, not the rehash of the old photo? If it was, I hope they are reconsidering the option to start working together - as unlikely as it seems to be, perhaps they finally realized if they were to continue with the active career, skating back together would be by far the best chance they got left. Whatever the personal issues they might have had, 4 years is a lot of water to pass under the bridge. They also have grown up. Focus on being professional, I don't think it is an improbable scenario. I really hope so, they were really something else together, and it was such a pity, two incredible talents wasted too early.
I believe it has taken recently. If there is any chance for them to come back together, ı will be really happy.
I guess we just have to wait and see.

sunn1ly

On the Ice
It is an old photo. They are dressed as in one video around Sochi. I would also be more than happy if they get back together even after all this time, they were briliant together. Anyway that will probably not happen but at least they can start talking again and be on good terms with each other. Maybe someday I will get over their split as well and start liking some new young couple as much as did with them. For now I only find solace in VM.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I didnt see the pic (really dont have time to check all my subscribed ppl stories every day:() but the pic ma indeed be from the past & Lena just posted b/c its Olympic time & she just felt like remembering her good times at the Olympics & posted it

Id be more than happy if they just started talking:luv17::love::love: She was soo sad commentating during his injury I belive they can talk eventually Hopefully he's grown up too

Bahar

Rinkside
Oh really :( Sorry for the wrong information then. I was too excited when I first saw it. I have to get over their split too. So sad.

madison

Record Breaker
I didnt see the pic (really dont have time to check all my subscribed ppl stories every day:() but the pic ma indeed be from the past & Lena just posted b/c its Olympic time & she just felt like remembering her good times at the Olympics & posted it

Id be more than happy if they just started talking:luv17::love::love: She was soo sad commentating during his injury I belive they can talk eventually Hopefully he's grown up too

Anyway, the fact that Elena shared a picture with Nikita is really controversial. Even though she would want to remember the Olympics time (as the message on the picture was one of encouragement for the Russian team) she could have posted a photo with her from Sochi and something more symbolic. Because you wouldn’t have guessed that that picture is from Sochi.

Barb

Record Breaker
I interpreted that post as she already turned the page and probably there are no bad feelings, they had a good time in Sochi, that's all.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
What will you say about the option that they aren't their own fans, they talked it over quite some time ago and do not hate each other (anymore) at all?

Guys, it's been 4 years now. Couples do split. They have been through a lot. It's not like one of them murdered other one's parents. Why do we all think that they don't speak to each other, don't look at each other and actively hate each other?

uhh

Medalist
Nikita was a special guest at the Ilinykh/Liipnitskaya masterclass event today. You can see video of them talking to each other on the ice... I have no idea what's going on!

uhh

Medalist
It's on the stories of the academy_ilinykh_lipnitskaya instagram account.