Russian qualifiers and other most important competitions 2013-2014 | Golden Skate

Russian qualifiers and other most important competitions 2013-2014

Country
Russia
Open Moscow Junior Championships - 08-11 Sep 2013.
Only Junior - Men, Ladies, Pairs, Ice Dance.
http://ffkm.ru/index.php/12-competitions/337-per-vomoskvy2013 - site
http://klimkin.biz/klimkin2013-2014/moskva2013/index.htm - table
(all Russian)

This competition is first in season, Juniors first in season show their skating (at most from Moscow, but there are competitors fromother regions).
Results may affect to distribution of JGP Events.

Winners and medalists of this competitions were many known skaters.
At 2012 - Kovtun won Men, in Ladies Pogorilaya was 2nd, Sotskova was 3rd, in Pairs won Tarasova-Morozov.
At 2011 winners were Pitkeev, Radionova, Davankova-Deputat.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
seeing the PCS, Samarin getting lower PCS than Kurbanov and Mikhaylov is a joke :mad:
sure they have a 3A but that's not enough reason to held up your PCS
3A = higher PCS :disapp:

even with Samarin 1Lz-3T mistake, in his PCS his s/s is far superior than Kurbanov and Mikhaylov

ETA: now I know why, Mikhaylov is cached by Mororzov ? :confused:
( familiar step sequence and Morozov is on the background ? ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT1eedqEmiQ

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Nice skate from Dimitri Mikhailov. Jumps are not the best, but he has a nice presentation. I like the step sequence and transitions. Hope he will improve, then he can be a future-star!

Elizaveta Iushenko has won the junior ladies event. I haven't watched her FS yet, but I would send her to JGP instead of Li, Kayumova or even Stavitskaya if she isn't in a good form.

Who is the coach of Iushenko?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Nice skate from Dimitri Mikhailov. Jumps are not the best, but he has a nice presentation. I like the step sequence and transitions. Hope he will improve, then he can be a future-star!

He used to be very good, in 2010 he beat Samarin in Crystal Skate they are about the same age 15 years old now
he seem to have struggled for 2 years, I guess he is with Morozov's group ( spotted in the background? )

Samarin is better though, better presentation, better skating skills , flow in jumps and he can spin than Mikhaylov
Kurabanov and Mikhaylov did not deserve to get higher PCS than Samarin

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I guess he is with Morozov's group ( spotted in the background? )

Morozov's students are usually criticised for lack of choreography and presentation. If he coached Mikhailov from beginning to date, i will have a conclusion like "Morozov is innocent, presentation depends morely on the skater." Maybe in Leonova's case, he can be blamed for making choreographies which doesn't suit her style, though this is another topic and maybe shouldn't be discussed here. :)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Morozov's students are usually criticised for lack of choreography and presentation. If he coached Mikhailov from beginning to date, i will have a conclusion like "Morozov is innocent, presentation depends morely on the skater." Maybe in Leonova's case, he can be blamed for making choreographies which doesn't suit her style, though this is another topic and maybe shouldn't be discussed here. :)

those step sequences are obviously Morozov like and he got a little bonus beating Samarin in PCS
but good for him, he seemed to have faded into obscurity for the last 2 years

gmyers

Record Breaker
I liked mikhailov! The piano phantom worked! Weak camel spin! He was traveling so much he could've been inventing a new move!

Country
Russia