Russian qualifiers and other most important competitions 2013-2014 | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Russian qualifiers and other most important competitions 2013-2014

Country
Russia
Well I think it's only fair having her qualify through nationals through the Cup events. Her condition in Sochi was abysmal.
It was mandatory to skate in Sochi for Korobeynikova, Pogorilaya in Ladies, Kovtun in Men, Stolbova/Klimov and Bazarova/Larionov in Pairs, three Ice Dance couples, who have GP Events.
Federation wanted to see how are they ready and to give advices how to improve skating if possible. Something like very short ChampsCamp for them.

Others who have GP Events also had test skating (not at Russian Gup II) - at training camp, or at Russian Cup I, or at Senior B Events etc.
At most twice - at test skate and at competitions.

Country
Russia
Updating to remove Korobeynikova from the guaranteed list, now there are 10 open spots, 2 events remain
Women's Race to Nationals Standings After 3 Events
Guaranteed (Participation on Senior GP or JGP Finals)
1. Sotnikova
2. Julia L.
3. Leonova
4. Tuktamysheva
5. Radionova
6. Gosviani
7. Pogorilaya
8. Medvedeva***
10 spots TBD
9. Artemyeva 30
10. Kayumova 30
11. Pervushkina 26
12. Maksimova 22
13. Biryukova 22
14. Agafonova 18
15. Dubinina 14
16. Kosareva 10
17. Shamsutdinova 8
18. Kanukova 6
Points tied are broken by total scores at their respective events
19. Lebedeva 4
20. Mishina 4
21. Korobeynikova 4
22. Fedoseyeva 2
23. Karagozova 2
24. Bajanova 2
25. Zaseeva 1
26. Kolesnikova 1

***Participants must be 14 or older by Senior Nationals in order to compete (Proklova, Sotskova, and Sakhanovich are age ineligible).

There will be two Events of Russian Cup, and skaters who had no Events may have both and earn very good points because strongest skaters had two Events and will not participate in last Events.
Possibly Valentina Chernyshova also will pretend to Nationals.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There will be two Events of Russian Cup, and skaters who had no Events may have both and earn very good points because strongest skaters had two Events and will not participate in last Events.
Possibly Valentina Chernyshova also will pretend to Nationals.

Yes, this is the list for those who have already competed and I mentioned above that there are 2 events remaining. The ones after Dubinina still have 1 event that will count for points plus those who have not showed up yet will be thrown into the mix! 3 weeks till the next event and counting!!!!

Country
Russia
^
I understand.

I only wanted to say about the future that:
1. Valentina Chernyshova is the only Lady of that who had no Events whose level is high enough for Natonals.
(Also there are two or three with injuries, who most probably will miss all Events.)
2. Some not so good Ladies may qualify at two last Events because of lack of serious competitors.

bluesky85

On the Ice
Any information on Alina Maksimova and Irina Kosareva?

Irina reminds me a bit of Pogorilaya one or two years ago. Irina is not very refined like Pogorilaya was when she started competing internationally, but has great potentials just like Pogorilaya is showing now currently. I mean, Pogorilaya is also improving still, but is much better than she was two years ago.

I also liked Alina Maksimova. She seems quite stable. I don't understand why there is 10 point difference between Alina and Alsu Kaiumova... I think the difference should be more like 5-6.... But then my eyes are not trained enough to pick out small technical or artistic difference that can translate into the scores yet...

hanca

Record Breaker
Updating to remove Korobeynikova from the guaranteed list, now there are 10 open spots, 2 events remain

Was there a decision made that Korobeynikova is not guaranteed a spot at nationals then? Or you are just assuming that she will have to qualify?

What about Leonova? I think she also withdrew from her GP, didn't she? Does she need to qualify through the remaining two events of Russian Cup?

bluesky85

On the Ice
I am getting to like Alsu Kaiumova's long program more and more each competition, although it worries me that she reminds me a lot of Polina Agafonova, whom I also like very much. They both have difficult jump combinations and they can get good levels on spins, but they can also lose a lot of points in both jumps and spins and they are not very fast on the ice... I am concerned that Alsu might become less consistent as she grows...

Anna Pogorilaya is amazing, especially her footwork sequence is very good, and she expresses the music very well and shd is becoming more refined. The problem is... I don't like the music somehow... but then I might eventually get used to it and like it later. We will see... all in all, I love Russian ladies!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Panin Memorial October 30-Nov 1, 2013

Ladies SP results http://fsrussia.ru/upl/results/1314/mishin_cup13/SEG009.HTM
very low TES for Leonova her but PCS are a joke, she wont get those PCS anymore in internationals

1 Alena Leonova M / C 54.50
2 Eric KANUKOVA MOS 50.22
3 Antonina DUBININA MOB 48.27
4 Elizabeth SIZOVA MOS 45.88
5 Irina Kosarev MOS 45.85
6 Elizabeth KARAGOZOVA RND 40.35
7 Veronica Checherina YARO 38.70
8 Arina CHERNOVA MOS 38.45
9 Veronica GOROKHOVAYA SPB 38.05
10 Julia Rashevsky BEL 36.76
11 Catherine TEKTONIDI MOS 36.54
12 Vera Nadeeva MOB 35.23
13 Catherine KOZLOVSKAYA SPB 34.21
14 Anastasia Bogatyrevs SPB 26.80

gmyers

Record Breaker
I think low 7's is about right! You have to assume there are sixes in there. I don't think international judges would give her under 6 either and probably 7 range. Not at all inflated.

hanca

Record Breaker

OMG, that's seriously bad. There are no transitions at all. She starts (about 5 seconds of transitions), it soon turns into crossovers, getting to the other end of the rink, jump (tried triple-triple but had between them step our and three turn), then plenty of crossovers, getting to the other end of the rink, another jump, then again crossovers, then attempted loop but fell on the preparation edge, then again crossovers...in the middle of the program is a big (about 5-10 second) break where she just stands and 'interprets' the music (waves with her arms somehow) and then again lots of crossovers, jump.....Some of the jumps were landed, some were double footed... I don't think I have ever seen such a program from any elite skater.

What hanca said.

That abomination of the FS will go very well with the disaster that her SP is. It's like she is not even trying.

hanca

Record Breaker
Anyone knows whether Leonova has to qualify for nationals at the Russian Cup series? It seems that because Korobeynikova withdrew from her GP event, she now has to qualify the same way as any other skater who did not compete at the GP events. So what about Lenova? She did withdraw from her GP event...

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Leonova has a guaranteed spot to nationals because unlike Korobeynikova she had 2 events and is schedule to compete at NHK trophy in about 12hrs or so.

Country
Russia
4th Event of Russian Cup 12-16 Now 2013, Yoshkar-Ola City
Event Info http://fsrussia.ru/lib/100_kubok-rossii-2013-2014-4-j-etap/
Schedule http://fsrussia.ru/upl/ckeditor/8060148.pdf
Starting Order/Results http://fsrussia.ru/upl/results/1314/4etap/index.htm
(all Russian language)

There are interesting competitors.
JGP Finalists:
Adian PITKEEV
Maria SOTSKOVA
Serafima SAKHANOVICH
Kamilla GAINETDINOVA / Ivan BICH
Vasilisa DAVANKOVA / Andrei DEPUTAT
Betina POPOVA / Yuri VLASENKO

Others:
Polina Tsurskaya (very talented girl, born at 2001)
Anna Shershak (we did not see her more than an year)
Vladislav Sazganov (Man with 4Lz)
Katarina GERBOLDT / Alexander ENBERT
Nodari MAISURADZE with his new very young Lady Julia Antipova.
And other talented skaters and couples.

Most probably, will be videos.

Slowdive

On the Ice
4th Event of Russian Cup 12-16 Now 2013, Yoschar-Ola City
Event Info http://fsrussia.ru/lib/100_kubok-rossii-2013-2014-4-j-etap/
Schedule http://fsrussia.ru/upl/ckeditor/8060148.pdf
Starting Order/Results http://fsrussia.ru/upl/results/1314/4etap/index.htm
(all Russian language)

There are interesting competitors.
JGP Finalists:
Adian PITKEEV
Maria SOTSKOVA
Serafima SAKHANOVICH
Kamilla GAINETDINOVA / Ivan BICH
Vasilisa DAVANKOVA / Andrei DEPUTAT
Betina POPOVA / Yuri VLASENKO

Others:
Polina Tsurskaya (very talented girl, born at 2001)
Anna Shershak (we did not see her more than an year)
Vladislav Sazganov (Man with 4Lz)
Katarina GERBOLDT / Alexander ENBERT
Nodari MAISURADZE with his new very young Lady Julia Antipova.
And other talented skaters and couples.

Most probably, will be videos.

I thought Shershak retired?
Good to see her on the list :)

Country
Russia
4th Event of Russian Cup 12-16 Now 2013, Yoshkar-Ola City

Junior Ice Dance.
Top 6 of 15.
FPl. Name Region Points SD FD
1 Betina POPOVA / Yuri VLASENKO Moscow 158.14 1 1
2 Eva Khachaturyan / Igor Eremenko Moscow 135.56 3 2