Russian qualifiers and other most important competitions 2013-2014 | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Russian qualifiers and other most important competitions 2013-2014

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I think you are a bit ahead of yourself. There is so many very talented young ladies, that we don't even know whether Gubanova and Nugumanova will make the team. If someone told me 2 years ago that Tuktamysheva will not compete in Sochi, I wouldn't believe it.
Exactly!! Never take anything for granted in skating, especially girls in pre-puberty age :slink:

Country
Russia
Alex, can you explain how the 'elements' part of the competition works? Do they do any jump, any combination, any spin, and their step sequence? Is it within a program, or do they just do the jump without music?
Stanislav Zhuk (famous coach, competition is in memory of him) tested new for him skaters by set of elements - jump, combo, spin, StSq.

This competition includes the same set of elements, performed in following manner:
1. Two tries of jump, scored is best of two (which score - base+GOE - is higher). Jumps may be the same or different.
2. Two tries of combo of two jumps, scored is best. Combos may be the same or different.
3. One spin combination (CCoSp).
4. One step sequence.

The sum of four scores (TES) is multiplied by 2 - it makes score of Elements.
Elements are performed without music.

hanca

Record Breaker
Stanislav Zhuk (famous coach, competition is in memory of him) tested new for him skaters by set of elements - jump, combo, spin, StSq.

Don't worry, we do know who Zhuk is! :)

Thank you for explaining the elements. :agree:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Tsurskaya won this in the end. Bezrukova winning free skate but second overall behind Tsurskaya. Are these girls age-eligible for JGPs next season?

Assuming they are, it will be difficult for Russia to send all those talents to 2 events. I think they will give 2nd slots depending on their 1st JGP result.

Barring injuries, Sotskova-Sakhanovich-Proklova-Medvedeva will be there. Who are the others that have chance for JGP?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Tsurskaya won this in the end. Bezrukova winning free skate but second overall behind Tsurskaya. Are these girls age-eligible for JGPs next season?

Assuming they are, it will be difficult for Russia to send all those talents to 2 events. I think they will give 2nd slots depending on their 1st JGP result.

Barring injuries, Sotskova-Sakhanovich-Proklova-Medvedeva will be there. Who are the others that have chance for JGP?

Tsurskaya and Bezrukova will be JGP eligible in 2015-2016 season
Gubanova, Naugumova in 2016-2017 season

oleada

Record Breaker

Elizaveta Iushenko -2nd in JGP Tallin, 6th at Junior Nationals
Alsu Kaiumova - 7th in JGP Mexico City, 8th at Junior Nationals
Natalia Ogoreltseva - 2nd in JGP Mexico City; 8th in JGP Minsk, 9th at Junior Nationals
Anastasia Kolomiets - 10th at Junior Nationals (will be eligible in 2014-2015)

Russia has 14 spots, so they can send at least 7 girls out twice....I imagine barring disaster Sakhanovich/Medvedeva/Proklova/Sotskova will all get two spots, which leaves 6 open.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Thank you for the informations sky_fly20 and oleada!!!

I remember Alsu Kayumova was too slow to watch. Yushenko and Ogoreltseva were nice skaters. Let's see who will develop further in summer.

Country
Russia
Natalia Ogoreltseva - 2nd in JGP Mexico City; 8th in JGP Minsk, 9th at Junior Nationals
First who is age eligible for JGP-2014 is Martynova - 11th pace and score 63 points lower than Tsurskaya. Places 1-10 are not age eligible.

There is strange system - poor all the 2nd year.
Born at 1996 - Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva, Korobeynikova, Gosviani, Agafonova.
At 1997 - nobody.
At 1998 - Lipnitskaia, Pogorilaya, Shershak (she restores may be).
At 1999 (1st half) - only Radionova.
At end of 1991 and 1st half 2000 - Sotskova, Proklova, Medvedeva, Sakhanovich, Yuschenko.
At 2nd half 2000 and 1st half 2001 - nobody really good.
At 2nd half of 2001 - Tsurskaya, Bezrukova, Drynkina, and others.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Tsurkaya landing 3Lz+3T+2T in the first half and 3Lz+3T in the second half!! :eek:

hanca

Record Breaker
First who is age eligible for JGP-2014 is Martynova - 11th pace and score 63 points lower than Tsurskaya. Places 1-10 are not age eligible.

What about Kolomiets?

There is strange system - poor all the 2nd year.
Born at 1996 - Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva, Korobeynikova, Gosviani, Agafonova.
At 1997 - nobody.
At 1998 - Lipnitskaia, Pogorilaya, Shershak (she restores may be).
At 1999 (1st half) - only Radionova.
At end of 1991 and 1st half 2000 - Sotskova, Proklova, Medvedeva, Sakhanovich, Yuschenko.
At 2nd half 2000 and 1st half 2001 - nobody really good.
At 2nd half of 2001 - Tsurskaya, Bezrukova, Drynkina, and others.

True, but the skaters didn't peak at the same time. At the time when Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva went to the JGP, Korobeynikova and Agafonova had already advantage of being able to compete in the season before. If the season were according to the calendar year, the chances are that Korobeynikova and Agafonova would be buried long time ago. Gosviani was also lucky with her peaking at the right time. Take notice that the year 1996, 1997 and 1998 you do according to the calendar year (which doesn't reflect skating season year and skating eligibility), and then suddenly in 1999, 2000 and 2001 you look at the skating seasons (and the skating eligibility). Saying that, the 'curse' of every other year will be broken in 2002 because there are great skaters coming in two seasons directly after each other. Season with skaters from second half of 2001 and first half of 2002 will be Tsurskaya, Bezrukova, Drynkina, and the following season will be Аnаstаsia Gubanоvа, Elizaveta Nugumanova and Diana Devis. (I know that Diana Devis is no where near to Gubanova and Nugumanova at this moment, but having Tutberidze as her mother, I am pretty sure she will be ready when it counts!)

Country
Russia
What about Kolomiets?
May be, she was born 06 Aug 2000.
She was 2nd at Final of Russian Cup (Junior), and will be at Natonals Elder Age (02-05 April 2014).
Most probably she will be in Team Russia (3rd group - bys, girls).
If she will be good at the beginning 2014/2015 season, she may have JGP Event. Second JGP Event - only if she will have medal at first.

hanca

Record Breaker

Russia has 14 spots, so they can send at least 7 girls out twice....I imagine barring disaster Sakhanovich/Medvedeva/Proklova/Sotskova will all get two spots, which leaves 6 open.

They also have the ladies that were reasonably successful 2012-2013 (I think they got bronze medal at JGP) and then this season (2013-2014) were injured and did not compete (e.g. Gerasimova and Stavitskaya). I don't know if those two will want to skate in seniors but considering that they won't get GP event and I don't think they have a chance to qualify for Europeans/worlds (Lipnitskaya, Sotnikova, Radionova and Pogorilaya are much better than them and they are the likely ones to fight for spots at Europeans/Worlds). So maybe it would be better for Gerasimova and Stavitskaya to compete in juniors, if they are sent. They are still age eligible, they are only 16 years old.

Obviously, Sakhanovich/Medvedeva/Proklova/Sotskova are better than Gerasimova and Stavitskaya, but Gerasimova and Stavitskaya are better than Kolomiets, Kajumova and Ogoreltseva. (don't know where they fit in regards to Yushenko).

Country
Russia
They also have the ladies that were reasonably successful 2012-2013 (I think they got bronze medal at JGP) and then this season (2013-2014) were injured and did not compete (e.g. Gerasimova and Stavitskaya). I don't know if those two will want to skate in seniors but considering that they won't get GP event and I don't think they have a chance to qualify for Europeans/worlds (Lipnitskaya, Sotnikova, Radionova and Pogorilaya are much better than them and they are the likely ones to fight for spots at Europeans/Worlds).
Also Maria Artemieva (almost unknown but very talented Lady, she lost season 2012/2013 because of injury, but progressed much at 2013/2014 being 20 years old) and Liza Tuktamysheva (if she restores) are really better than all others.
Also Leonova (if will not retire) is better than Gerasimova and Stavitskaia. So they have no chance in Seniors.

So maybe it would be better for Gerasimova and Stavitskaya to compete in juniors, if they are sent. They are still age eligible, they are only 16 years old.

Obviously, Sakhanovich/Medvedeva/Proklova/Sotskova are better than Gerasimova and Stavitskaya, but Gerasimova and Stavitskaya are better than Kolomiets, Kajumova and Ogoreltseva. (don't know where they fit in regards to Yushenko).
Sakhanovich/Medvedeva/Proklova/Sotskova are the best, who will earn other spots at JGP Events - nobody knows. Gerasimova and Stavitskaia are about the same level as younger girls - Ogoreltseva etc. And may restore Anna Shershak (also 1998).

BusyMom

Medalist
Also Maria Artemieva (almost unknown but very talented Lady, she lost season 2012/2013 because of injury, but progressed much at 2013/2014 being 20 years old)

She is one of my favourite Russian ladies. Got a very good edge on her footwork (very rare for Russian ladies) and the best ice coverage in her field. But she fell on most of her jumps. :cry:

hanca

Record Breaker
Also Maria Artemieva (almost unknown but very talented Lady, she lost season 2012/2013 because of injury, but progressed much at 2013/2014 being 20 years old) and Liza Tuktamysheva (if she restores) are really better than all others.
Also Leonova (if will not retire) is better than Gerasimova and Stavitskaia. So they have no chance in Seniors.

That was exactly my point. Because Gerasimova and Stavitskaya have no chance at this moment in seniors, they may want to compete at JGP events.

Sakhanovich/Medvedeva/Proklova/Sotskova are the best, who will earn other spots at JGP Events - nobody knows. Gerasimova and Stavitskaia are about the same level as younger girls - Ogoreltseva etc. And may restore Anna Shershak (also 1998).

I agree that Sakhanovich/Medvedeva/Proklova/Sotskova are the best (from age eligible juniors), but I disagree with Gerasimova and Stavitskaia being about the same level as the rest of the younger girls - Ogoreltseva etc. Definitely not! Gerasimova and Stavitskaia are better than ogoreltseva and Kajumova. I am not sure if they are better than Yushenko. Throughout the season I thought Yushenko is better than Gerasimova and Stavitskaia, but about a week ago she had a competition where she scored very low, so maybe she is injured, or maybe she grew or her puberty problems started and her skating needs to adjust. So I don't know whether they are better than Yushenko or not.

I wouldn't hold my breath for Shershak restoring. Have you seen her? Have you watched the senior nationals? I hate commenting on skaters figure, but not only she grew VERY tall, but she suddenly has curves and her jumps are not happening. And unlike the others, she doesn't have the full set of triples, so I don't think she will even remain on the national team (reserve). She will be cut. They kept her there for about a year while she was not competing, but her results this season did not give them any reason to keep her.

She is one of my favourite Russian ladies. Got a very good edge on her footwork (very rare for Russian ladies) and the best ice coverage in her field. But she fell on most of her jumps. :cry:

Artemeva is my favourite too. she was so robbed at the nationals. Such a low placement for her clean SP! But maybe this season will be better because maybe she made herself visible with her results last season.

BusyMom

Medalist
Artemeva is my favourite too. she was so robbed at the nationals. Such a low placement for her clean SP! But maybe this season will be better because maybe she made herself visible with her results last season.

I agree. Her problem apart from her jumps is her choreographs. Seems to me that the Russian judges prefer the programs that pack with footwork throughout the entire programs(quantity not quality). Sadly her approach is to show her skating skills which obviously not the judges' favourite. Hope she will get more chances next year.

hanca

Record Breaker
I agree. Her problem apart from her jumps is her choreographs. Seems to me that the Russian judges prefer the programs that pack with footwork throughout the entire programs(quantity not quality). Sadly her approach is to show her skating skills which obviously not the judges' favourite. Hope she will get more chances next year.

I don't think the low PCS was because of her choreography. choreography is only one of five things that are in PCS. I think she was kept low because she doesn't have name. But after the last season I think she will be better known to the judges; she has been pretty consistent, so her PCS could go now higher.

Country
Russia
First All-Russian Spartakiad of Sport Schools Saransk 16-19 April 2014

Boys, girls born at 2003 and 2004.
Program - 1st sports grade, almost the same as International Junior.

Homepage http://fsrussia.ru/lib/110_i-vseross...rtivnyh-shkol/
Schedule http://fsrussia.ru/upl/ckeditor/1015356.jpg
17 april - short program.
18 april - free skate.

Article http://fsrussia.ru/news/1201_leonid-hachaturov-nado-ponimat-chto-u-nas-budet-poslezavtra/ (Russian)
This is 1st time so specific competition - compete regions, each region is represented by one sports-school (team of 2 boys and 2 girls).

"So the All-Russian winter Sports contest is necessary because it is necessary to understand what will be the day after tomorrow. Today names of participants of the Sports contest are unknown. But I won't be mistaken if I assume that many of participants will declare themselves in the next four years" - tells Chif Judge of competition Leonid Khachaturov.

Country
Russia

Online results http://fsrussia.ru/upl/results/1314/finalsparta/index.htm

Boys SP. Top-4 of 34
Pl. Name Region TSS = TES+ PCS
1 Petr Gumennik StPetersburg 68.04 37.14 30.90
2 Ilya Skirda Moscow 61.50 31.90 29.60
3 Artem Kovalev Moscow 52.71 26.71 26.00
4 Gleb Ivanov StPetersburg 52.32 26.72 25.60

Petr Gummennik and Ilya Skirda ale well-known young skaters, 1 and 4 places at Zhuk Memorial (elder age) this year. Artem Kovalev (4 place younger age) and Gleb Ivanov (10 place elder age) also competed at Zhuk Memorial.
Level of others (places 5 and lower) is not too high.

Unfortunately, no livesteam and probably no videos.

Country
Russia

Girls SP, top 6 of 38
Pl. Name Nation TSS = TES+ Bonus(B) PCS
1 Anastasia Gubanova StPetersburg 64.04 38.36 B 25.68
2 Alina Solovieva Moscow 51.76 29.20 22.56
3 Alisa Fedichkina Rostov-on-Don 51.75 29.39 22.36
4 Elizaveta Nugumanova StPetersburg 51.74 27.26 24.48
5 Daria Zainchukovskaya Sverdlovsk District 48.63 28.43 20.20
6 Ekaterina Mitrofanova Moscow 48.12 27.80 22.32

Anastasia Gubanova is very talented young girl born 02 Dec 2002. Bonus means 3+3 Combo (she lands 3F+3T).