Pairs Free - Notes & Results | Golden Skate

Pairs Free - Notes & Results

Rosaleen

Medalist
Here's the notes on the pairs. I'm still not very good at describing lifts so hopefully you'll get the picture <G>.

Men's free is about to start. . .

USA Scott / Dulebohn Start 1 Place 8
Notes her in dark navy with elbow length sleeves him in black vest & pants with cream shirt /les miserables / fids start is nice & low / sbs 3t2t she almost put her hand down but managed to hold off / 3tw bit crashy on landing / lasso lift with flip out / things are happening too fast to keep up!!/ thr 3s bad lean in air - how did she ever mange to save it but she landed it clean / star lift to carry with him in spreadeagle / sbs spins were close & in perfect unsion / thr 3l / I missed alift in there / sbs 2a/ pair spinhad a neat pos of her in catch foot around his body / diag ftwrk is fast detailed & close / back h to h lift with step through & one haded set down /spirals into bods / What a greast way to start the competition!!! Boy are they happy

CAN Putnam / Wirtz Start 2 Place 9
Notes her in pale blue him in matching shirt & mavy pants / 3tw is a bit tight / sbs 3s I think he doubled turns into 2a / thr 3l is high / bids is very low / pair spin is inventive starting with her spinning by herself in arabewque pos he joins her into cam spin / lift with upside down exit / sbs 2a in perfect unison / sbs flycam bck sit iclose & good unison / spirals spread eagle seq in circle / step overhead to platter to carry / O ftwrk is fast with detail & goes well with music / they clicked blades while preparing for the thr 3 s thr3s she stepped out / nested inas / lift that I missed the entrance of / bods to end /

UZB Aganina / Knyazev Start 3 Place 10
Notes him in burgundy her in white with red around hips / Quidam from cirque de soleil / sbs 2t - by both was supposed to be 3 / sbs 2a she fell think he singled / thr 3s great distance she fell & slid into the boards / 2tw / thr 2a 2footed but lightly / sbs fly cam good pos slow but in sync / toe overhead to one hand / bods is pretty good she goes down nicely / sbs strt ftwrk bit short of full length of rink / sbs 2f / hip lift to start / fids both get very low nice pos / pair camels into pair sit into opposing camels /

CHN Ding / Ren Start 4 Place 6
Notes her in white him in white shirt black pants / Warsaw Concerto / thr 4t I think 2footed / sbs3t / 3tw lateral great height / sbs 2a / bods she needs to be lower / some nice chor into spiral sec that was nice & lyricl / thr 3l bit straitlegged on landing not sure if 2ft / lift with her in platter with catch foot / lasso lift to one handed / fids is nice & low / sbs cam sit got a bit out of sync on sit - ok on exit / O ftwrk / hip lift to star to platter with twist exit / pair cam to him in sit bit on sloppy side / replay show the thr 4t was 2ft / It start out great but got slower as it went on

CAN Langlois / Archetto Start 5 Place 5
Notes her in shads ofblue & dark purple him in black with gold trim & matching purple chiffon on one arm / thr 3s perfect into sbs 2a / she looks determined / 3tw bit tight on catch / sbs 3t him hands down her 2ft turns 2t him 1t / lasso lift to one hand to flip out exit / music softens and they're into spread eagle section which is gorgeous / back one hand lift to star to reverse start to another pos I missed / carry lift / pair spin is nice with good speed & pos / spirals to semi nested spread eagles / thr 3t - no way as she going to miss that / sbs spin landing on cam was out a bit to sit to back sit he had trouble with travel & they got out of sync / lift that I missed into bids / great strt ftwrk seq into fids with travelling entry /

USA Orscher / Lucash Start 6 Place 7
Notes her in light blue with royal blue sash him in black / spartacus / 3tw bit crashy on landing but not bad / 3t turns 2f / thr 3f her foot brushed very lightly on way by / sbs 2a bit far apart but clean / fly cam sit got a bit out on exit / back h to h lift / spirals are ok / lift to star one hand / thr 3s huge she couldn't hold the landing / bods is good / I missed the bids in there before the thr 3s / pair spin is ok / O ftwrk is fast with good energy nice split jumps / lift that got slow on exit but nice sideways star ? not sure how to describe it / prety good skate bit rough in spots & unpolished

CHN Pang / Tong Start 7 Place 1
Notes shredded red & pink him in black pants / Variations on a themem of paganin / sbs 3t turns into 2a think she doubled the toes / huge ginormous lateral 3tw / thr 3s is huge / platter lift didn't see entrance / super fast sbs spins in perfect unison / nicechor to slower section of music / bods needs more arch in her back / spiral ina spreal eagles has nice softness to them / sbs 2a / thr 3l is just huge and landed really confidently / hip lift to star with him in spread eagle / fids / music builds again and O ftwrk does as well / h to h lift to star to rev star / pair spin to end is fast with good pos

USA Inoue / Baldwin Start 8 Place 4
Notes her in pale peach him in white shirt with dark pants / Wonders of the New World , Pearl Harbour / sbs 3t bit far apart but clean / 3tw bit close on catch / sbs 2a into 3t she singled axel / thr 3s she pitched forward on landing onto her stomach / h to h lift with step through to one hand / music softens and they're into a bods which isnice right into pair spin cam to opposing cam to her upside down / front lift to her crouched over his hand / pretty nest spread eagles / carry lift him holding her by boot to platter / thr 3l / fly back sit were good at first he came up early & hopped early out of sync at exit / strt ftwrk was fast with detail / lift with drop out with her head at ice / fids with pos and pivot variations multiple revs /

CAN Marcoux / Buntin Start 9 Place 3
Notes rust with black / Rockin' gypsies, cancion triste / 3tw high with good catch / thr 3l / sbs 3t turns 2t / they're flying out there / hip lift to star to rev star / some emoting to slowe music / bids is very nice / more chor & emoting to slowe music intopair spin facing cam to him in sit her in cam to neste cam / spirals inside out by both don['t remember that from before / carry lift with her draped over his hand / fids / music picks up again sbs 3t he fell / sbs fly cam great unison close / back h toh lift to one hand / thr 3s / strt ftwrk is fast & detailed and she went down 3/4 of the way through up quickly and into lasso lift to ending pose

CHN Zhang / Zhang Start 10 Place 2
Notes purple shading to light mauve at bottom / huge lateral 3tw / sbs 2a turns 3t very clos together in sync / thr 3l she goes a mile in distance / lift out of nowhere with fantastic speed I could keep up with it to write it down / chor section / sbs 3s / sbscam sit to flyover back sit sync a bit out on flyover but not much / thr 3s / music slows & then builds as they do spirals that have some imagination not your run of the mill pos / bods is ok could be lower / toe over head to star to carrying in start / fids she looks hippy on the way down if any of these girls could be called hippy <G> / lasso lift / strt ftwrk to apir spin including nest cam

Generated by SK8Score

dewet

Final Flight
1 Qing PANG / Jian TONG CHN 1.5 1 1
2 Dan ZHANG / Hao ZHANG CHN 3.0 2 2
3 Valerie MARCOUX / Craig BUNTIN CAN 4.5 3 3
4 Rena INOUE / John BALDWIN, Jr. USA 6.0 4 4
5 Anabelle LANGLOIS / Patrice ARCHETTO CAN 7.5 5 5
6 Yang DING / Zhongfei REN CHN 9.0 6 6
7 Kathryn ORSCHER / Garrett LUCASH USA 10.5 7 7
8 Tiffany SCOTT / Philip DULEBOHN USA 12.0 8 8
9 Elizabeth PUTNAM / Sean WIRTZ CAN 13.5 9 9
10 Marina AGANINA / Artem KNYAZEV UZB 15.0 10 10

No movement at all... disappointing. Even the dance event had more movement.

bonmil

Rinkside
I think Zhang and Zhang had a nicer skate than Pang and Tong and deserved first overall. I wished Langois and Archetto did better. Nice to see Canada on get at least one medal in every discipline.

I agree about Zhang and Zhang, Bonmil. Their program was pure energy from beginning to end, without any bobbles at all.

But I did like the middle lyrical section of Pang ang Tong's program, to "Somewhere in Time," so maybe the judges felt that they had more mature presentation.

Mathman

chels

Spectator
I agree about Zhang and Zhang. I was there tonight, and thought that they should have finished ahead of Pang and Tong. I thought they had better presentation and a better overall look to their skating.

Antilles

Medalist
Zhnag and Zhang were excellent. They are fairly equal in abilities to their countrymen, so it's hard to choose one over the other. I think in this case, I liked the Zhangs. Very happy for Marcous and Buntin. It wasn't perfect, but it was very good. I hope L&A can rebound for Worlds. This hasn't been a great season for them.