Thread: My mama, Grgranny

My mama, Grgranny

I know many of you remember my mother, Grgranny, and know that she has been struggling with various health issues for several years. I have been living with her and caring for her. On August 4, my mama went to be with the Lord. I didn't expect it to happen as soon as it did, but this time she just couldn't bounce back. She was 84, though most people would not have guessed it. I have lost my mother and my soulmate. I miss her terribly. She was a wonderful lady and I am blessed that she was my mom. Here is a link to her obituary:

http://smithfamilymortuaries.com/fh/...55&fh_id=12694

I am sorry to take so long to let you know. I have been overwhelmed.

Grgranny's Baby, Janet

Oh, Janet. So sorry for the loss of your mom. May she rest in peace, and may you treasure the good memories you have of her.

I am so sorry for your loss, Janet. I always enjoyed reading your mother's posts. My condolences to you and your family.

Custom Title
    My deepest condolences to you and the family. I lost my Mom, whom I loved and also took care of, not long ago, and I know that terrible space it leaves in your soul. You are indeed blessed to have had a mom who means so much to you. Hold onto her love; it will carry you through. Thank you so much for telling us about her, so that we can think of her as well.

What a wonderful person Grgranny was! Although I knew her only by her posts on this forum, her sense of humor and down-to-earth intelligence shone through without fail. I pray that your family will find comfort in this time of grief.

I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: and whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die.

I am so sorry Janet. She seemed to be a delight to have on here.

My deepest sympathies go out to you & your family. May she know peace & joy for evermore.

Custom Title
    Janet, thank you so much for taking the time to let us know. People come & go on message boards, but you never know sometimes what may have happened. Sending you prayers for peace and comfort, knowing she is now in complete joy!

I'm so sorry to read this, Janet! She was always one of GS's best personalities. One of the board "moms" who was always quick to correct spelling and grammar. She will be missed.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    I didn't really want to read this post because I think I knew what it was going to say. LaVonne (Grgranny) was one of the first people to welcome me to the board way back when. She commented she had been in Omaha or lived close by and told me that she wanted me to know she knew about Omaha.

Grgranny challenged me to always make sure my spelling was correct and she referred to herself as "Da' Spellin' Homegirl."

Her last post 11-20-2011, http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...471#post598471 See post #7, how funny she was.

Janet, so sorry to hear the news. I will keep you in my prayers. Even though my mom has been gone for about 5 years now, I still miss those "Mama Hugs."

Janet I am so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family. Grgranny was
    a treasure here at GS.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Janet, I am so sorry to hear about your mom, Grgranny. She was always so kind and sensible a lady. I learned a lot from her. I will keep you in my prayers, and I will never forget her.

GrGranny will be greatly missed. She brought a great deal of positiveness and fun to the forum. You and your family will be in my prayers.

So sorry Janet for your loss. GrGranny and I go way back. Godbless...... 42