Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: JGP Tallinn Cup 2013 Entries

Custom Title
    I doubt Glenn will be sent, unless Miller withdraws. It is unlike the USFS to do that. Pierce deserves an assignment as well . back to back assignments- CZE to the US and back to EST is a rough schedule.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I suspect Glenn will get an assignment
    Yes.
    She is the only Junior Lady from USA (of them who may compete at Tallinn) who can pretend to JGP Final.

Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I doubt Glenn will be sent, unless Miller withdraws. It is unlike the USFS to do that. Pierce deserves an assignment as well . back to back assignments- CZE to the US and back to EST is a rough schedule.
    Remember that past season Pogorilaya (unknown as Glenn now) was 3rd at 6th JGP Event, had 7th JGP Event, earned JGP Final and had a medal of JGP Final.

Banned
    but lately USFS has been shifting skaters for strategic reasons and is like the Rus Fed pulling and shifting skaters

sad Samarin was pull out, but I understand no 3A means less chance of a medal
    but is time to leave Goncharenko unless he wants a horrible axel like Radionova's

Custom Title
    but lately USFS has been shifting skaters for strategic reasons and is like the Rus Fed pulling and shifting skaters
    I often can not understand reasons of RusFed's pulling and shifting skaters.

sad Samarin was pull out
    Samarin is lower than Kurbanov both on place and score. So Kurbanov has priority.

One place of this Event is for Kolyada (medalist of Event with good score 189.41 about the same as Boyang JIN's 189.79).
    Second is for Murad Kurbanov who is best (both score and place) of Russian Junior Men who had one JGP Event and can pretend to this Event.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    I often can not understand reasons of RusFed's pulling and shifting skaters.

Samarin is lower than Kurbanov both on place and score. So Kurbanov has priority.

One place of this Event is for Kolyada (medalist of Event with good score 189.41 about the same as Boyang JIN's 189.79).
    Second is for Murad Kurbanov who is best (both score and place) of Russian Junior Men who had one JGP Event and can pretend to this Event.
    the men's field in this competition will be deep
    there will also be Martinez, Uno and Omori

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    I think it'd be a big hassle for the US to shift a skater like Glenn to a second assignment a week after her first, compared to shifting Pogorilaya. The distance travelled is much further if Glenn returned home to Dallas in between as opposed to Pogorilaya travelling back to Moscow.

Custom Title
    USFS put up their assignemnts:

Miller, Pierce, Moore/Klaber, Aaron/Settlage & Budd/Cheban.

Omori w/d.

http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=216

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    For now is known about Russia (preliminary)
    Junior Ladies
    Serafima SAKHANOVICH
    Elizaveta IUSHENKO

Junior Men
    Mikhail KOLYADA
    Murad KURBANOV

USA - no assignments from USFS http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=216
    The list still has Alsu Kayumova... Are you sure Russia has changed their competitors?

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    USFS put up their assignemnts:

Miller, Pierce, Moore/Klaber, Aaron/Settlage & Budd/Cheban.

Omori w/d.

http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=216
    Shotaro Omori
    ‏@sho_om
    My ankle has not been healing as much as we'd like so my coach and I decided to withdraw from #jgpestonia Good Luck to the rest of #teamusa!
    2:24 PM - 7 Oct 13
    https://twitter.com/sho_om/status/387327526302797824

Best wishes to Team USA in Estonia -- and to Omori.

ETA, Jason Brown's good-luck message to his compatriots headed to Estonia is too sweet not to share .

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky85 View Post
    The list still has Alsu Kayumova... Are you sure Russia has changed their competitors?
    Not absolutely, but close to absolutely.

Less than in 24 hours we will know.
    Remember that past season at 5th JGP Event Samaril went to "Entries" at tableau from substitutes.

mylastduchess
    This is one packed competition for the men the top 1-6 jr. worlds last year (excluding Farris and Brown who are Sr. now) are all competing here.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mylastduchess View Post
    This is one packed competition for the men the top 1-6 jr. worlds last year (excluding Farris and Brown who are Sr. now) are all competing here.
    As mentioned above, Omori is not competing in Estonia (because of injury).

Tripping on the Podium
    Sad for Amber! Seems every year there is a US skater that has a good chance for Final but only gets one event. but Hannah Miller needs a score for JWC I suspect.

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nam57 View Post
    Sad for Amber! Seems every year there is a US skater that has a good chance for Final but only gets one event. but Hannah Miller needs a score for JWC I suspect.
    I think Amber's was more of a surprise though. Her and Tyler Pierce both have scored similarly in their respective top summer competitions.

Amber's JGP Czech score was 33 points higher than her Nationals score last year and 16 points higher than her highest summer comp score this summer. I don't think they expected her to be a potential contender for the final (if she had access to two spots.)

With the quick turnaround between the Czech Republic and Estonia events, I'm not surprised they didn't switch out Tyler for Amber. I think the logistics would be too difficult and the travel time would be rough.

Custom Title
    Wow. Cannot believe the Junior Grand Prix season will conclude already this week with this event. Where has the time gone? Best wishes to all of the skaters on that "make the final" bubble.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast