Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Osmond’s preparing for her future

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by emdee View Post
    Last I knew nebelhorn was not skated in Canada....one learns new geography each day....the power of the Internet.
    , I was talking about the scores he got at SC and Nebelhorn
    how can she score almost the same , a 170+ at SC when she had less alone 2 falls and a flutzer just to name her some mistakes

at least in Nebelhorn she was almost clean, at SC was definitely inflated less than 4 falls she is a lock on Canadian home ice
    3 falls - 170+ ?
    2 Falls - 180 + ?
    1 fall - 190 - 200 + ?

her scores are a joke

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    hopefully this wont be as a disaster as last season with so many injuries

now we already have

Korpii
    K/S
    Osmond

did I miss anyone ?
    Yuna

Custom Title
    Leonova

On the Ice
    hohoho, sky_fly20 just hates Osmond. Which is why she's saying ridiculous things about Nationals inflation. Please, Nationals scores don't count for anything, as long as the placements are suitable. Anyone could point out a slew of skaters who have had Nationals inflation. Plushenko got over 100 points in the 2010 Russian Nationals SP with a turnout on his 3Z. Chan would not have gotten 300 points internationally as he did for his excellent skates at the 2012 Nationals which had inflated scores.
    It's not just Osmond, sky-fly20 hates all canadian skaters...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    hopefully this wont be as a disaster as last season with so many injuries

now we already have

Korpii
    K/S
    Osmond

did I miss anyone ?
    Yuna Kim, Joshi Helgesson

Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    I think many of the injured skaters are simply being cautious. When faced with the alternative of withdrawing from the GP to heal an injury so that they're in perfect shape for the Olymipcs, or competing in the GP and risk making their injury worse and giving them less time to heal and prepare for the Olympics, the choice is obvious.
    Agree, but out all of those who are out the only who can afford to miss the Grand Prix and come back and still be a favorite is Yuna Kim. For people like Osmod, they need to get their programs out there early, to get reaction from judges, also to get miliage into their programs... But, I agree with you is better to stay on the cautios side on olympic year

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvyne View Post
    come to think of it, now that you mentioned it none of them just don't fit into my liking, no idea why they happened to be all Canadians though
    Chan who falls on his butt, Osmond with her inflated scores, Diva Voir and his dramatic antics, The crocodile teared Sale/Palettier, Megan Stiffboard Duhamel/Robot Radford. the closest I liked was Rochette, too bad she retired.

Custom Title
    So if we take a balanced approach to this analysis current skaters one could argue Kostner has been often overmarked for prat full skates and skating quality very good but no Cahan, and what about, Pang and Tong whose injuries have taken their toll, or the Ssquared and their error prone performances with rehashed tricks and transitions, or the disney performances and limited range of Davis and white, the baby ballet spindly gangly performances of Lipinskaya - we could pick apart skaters left and right. I mean we could attack somany American female skaters for their princessy miss america skates and perma grins. I am not sure though why their is such hatred towards any skater certainly Voir are not Pasha formerly Oksana gritschuk, Katarina Witt and her stares or Johnny Weir's antics. But it is odd that one nation is being attacked specifically it would appear. I hope I am not going to get beaten up for writing this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    So if we take a balanced approach to this analysis current skaters one could argue Kostner has been often overmarked for prat full skates and skating quality very good but no Cahan, and what about, Pang and Tong whose injuries have taken their toll, or the Ssquared and their error prone performances with rehashed tricks and transitions, or the disney performances and limited range of Davis and white, the baby ballet spindly gangly performances of Lipinskaya - we could pick apart skaters left and right. I mean we could attack somany American female skaters for their princessy miss america skates and perma grins. I am not sure though why their is such hatred towards any skater certainly Voir are not Pasha formerly Oksana gritschuk, Katarina Witt and her stares or Johnny Weir's antics. But it is odd that one nation is being attacked specifically it would appear. I hope I am not going to get beaten up for writing this.
    who is Cahan ?
    V/M aren't being atatcked but again it typical since you are Canadian you probably think V/M are the greatest
    most have a problem with Moirs Diva antics not the the whole V/M partnership.
    D/W have something to brag, at least they are the better unquestionably technically

Kostner has Amazing speed, presence with good technique on her technical prime she was capable more than just a 3T-3T of Osmond
    so totally irrelevant in comparison to Osmond's inflated score. Chan no need to mention his fraudelent wins

for the record Pasha/Grishuk aren't very much liked either, they skated at their last Olympics with limited competitors that is all
    and lets not forget Baiul, who is a known alcoholic has going on down spirals on her life and career, very sad indeed

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    I don't understand it either, I have my favorites and there are skaters who are not my cup of tea, but I don' go around forums bashing them every chance I get. It gets annoying when people do that. Is there an ignore button, I can't seem to find it.

Custom Title
    Why don't we just set up a permanent bashing thread and require that all bashing be put in that thread?

Custom Title
    sky_fly20's method of operation is to bash anyone who is considered competition to a favorite. After W/P returned from injury, and C/B's score suddenly became closer, I noticed sky_fly20 began bashing W/P in some threads at that time. Osmond is bashed because of Gracie, V/M because of D/W. sky_fly20 is just an "extremely" bias person who uses bully tactics...name calling, derogatory remarks, repetitive harassment of skaters throughout the various threads, conspiracy theories to negate the skater's successes, attempting to spread false gossip ie. accusing Kaetlyn of weight issues. Attacking a 17 year old girl who never did anything except enjoy skating and performing is just very low.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    I have my favorites and there are skaters who are not my cup of tea, but I don' go around forums bashing them every chance I get. It gets annoying when people do that.
    Thank you, Alvyne. Very well said, and I could not agree more. (My emphasis added above.)

Is there an ignore button, I can't seem to find it.
    The Feedback forum has a thread with instructions for "How to Ignore Other Posters":

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Thank you, Alvyne. Very well said, and I could not agree more. (My emphasis added above.)

The Feedback forum has a thread with instructions for "How to Ignore Other Posters":
    Merci! It's nice to be able to ignore people who never brings anything interesting to the conversation.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Osmond, with two falls, a stepout a UR and a flutz, finished 4 points ahead of Mae Berenice Meite who skated a squeaky-clean 6-triple FS including a 3z without an edge call.
    Yes, and Zijun Li with a perfect 7-triple freeskate placed behind Kostner who had a downgraded fall and a popped jump. But because Li's skating is inferior (as Meite's is to Osmond), Kostner ranked higher, as Osmond did over Meite (who skated very well, but had an error on her opening 3F, and didn't do a 3-jump combo, btw).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast