Osmond’s preparing for her future | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Osmond’s preparing for her future

hohoho

On the Ice
then you need to look at Osmonds Results, even her national scoring gets a 200+ with multiple falls, lol
its insignificant as long as she shows up she is a lock for podium I guarantee you that, this is "home ice"

and don't forget SC is the most shady GP event

I believe the only time she scored over 200 was at nationals with one fall on the last jump of her LP. Please show the multiple falls!!!!

She also won at Nebelhorn last year with basically the same score as Skate Canada. Two different judges panels.

It is very evident that you do not like Osmond. But instead of coming up with "stories", try justifying your logic.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I believe the only time she scored over 200 was at nationals with one fall on the last jump of her LP. Please show the multiple falls!!!!

She also won at Nebelhorn last year with basically the same score as Skate Canada. Two different judges panels.

It is very evident that you do not like Osmond. But instead of coming up with "stories", try justifying your logic.

same content but with 2 falls in SC
and I'm not the only one who thinks she's a lock for podium

no matter how she skates, as it is home ice
she can win, a 170+ score for 3 falls should be enough I think for a first GP

hohoho

On the Ice
same content but with 2 falls in SC
and I'm not the only one who thinks she's a lock for podium

no matter how she skates, as it is home ice
she can win, a 170+ score for 3 falls should be enough I think for a first GP

You keep saying the same thing over and over. Try to justify your answer

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Skate Canada field has weakened quite a bit since it was originally set in June.

Yu-Na Kim is out, replaced by Courtney HICKS, making her GP debut. Courtney is a prolific jumper but is lacking in musicality and finesse. She has medaled in the JGP and at the 2013 US International B.
Kiira Korpi is out, replaced by Natalia POPOVA (UKR), making her GP debut. Natalia has competed in the JGP, Europeans and Worlds but has never finished top 10.
Alena Leonova is out, and may or may not be replaced.

The top remaining competitors: Suzuki, Lipnitskaia, Gold, maybe Gao

Suzuki and Lipnitskaia skated well at their recent competitions, and so did Hicks.
Gold and Gao not so much. Gold has switched coaches to Frank Carroll since her last competition.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
hohoho, sky_fly20 just hates Osmond. Which is why she's saying ridiculous things about Nationals inflation. Please, Nationals scores don't count for anything, as long as the placements are suitable. Anyone could point out a slew of skaters who have had Nationals inflation. Plushenko got over 100 points in the 2010 Russian Nationals SP with a turnout on his 3Z. Chan would not have gotten 300 points internationally as he did for his excellent skates at the 2012 Nationals which had inflated scores.

Speaking of home ice advantage, it didn't help Osmond when she dropped to 8th at 2013 Worlds, or when she skated her SP flawlessly and was still placed behind Kostner.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Speaking of home ice advantage, it didn't help Osmond when she dropped to 8th at 2013 Worlds, or when she skated her SP flawlessly and was still placed behind Kostner.

Osmond, with two falls, a stepout a UR and a flutz, finished 4 points ahead of Mae Berenice Meite who skated a squeaky-clean 6-triple FS including a 3z without an edge call.

emdee

Final Flight
:rolleye:, don't you think I dind't know what crocodile tears means
I meant I didn't cry when I opened this thread in the first place so no crocodile tears needed
I don't like any skaters being injured but doesn't mean I cry for all

she won gold last year with 2 falls
so if she shows up even with 3 falls she is a lock for podium or even teh gold medal
it is " home ice', look at Osmonds record, all her wins are in home ice,

had this been a different GP then we can talk
where she panics and falls even more as she knows she will not get inflated scores
Last I knew nebelhorn was not skated in Canada....one learns new geography each day....the power of the Internet.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I'd like to see all of the girls competing in SC. It's much more interesting when you don't know for sure who'll win the thing.

Icey

Record Breaker
I think it is quite usual for the Grand Prix of an Olympic year to go forward with depleted ranks.

Yes, makes one wonder who is going to be left standing by the time the Olympics arrives

It is never good news imo for a skater when a good competitor drops out due to injury.

Krislite

Medalist
Yes, makes one wonder who is going to be left standing by the time the Olympics arrives

It is never good news imo for a skater when a good competitor drops out due to injury.

I think many of the injured skaters are simply being cautious. When faced with the alternative of withdrawing from the GP to heal an injury so that they're in perfect shape for the Olymipcs, or competing in the GP and risk making their injury worse and giving them less time to heal and prepare for the Olympics, the choice is obvious.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Last I knew nebelhorn was not skated in Canada....one learns new geography each day....the power of the Internet.

:rolleye:, I was talking about the scores he got at SC and Nebelhorn
how can she score almost the same , a 170+ at SC when she had less alone 2 falls and a flutzer just to name her some mistakes

at least in Nebelhorn she was almost clean, at SC was definitely inflated less than 4 falls she is a lock on Canadian home ice
3 falls - 170+ ?
2 Falls - 180 + ?
1 fall - 190 - 200 + ?

her scores are a joke :disapp:

Alvyne

On the Ice
Country
Canada
hohoho, sky_fly20 just hates Osmond. Which is why she's saying ridiculous things about Nationals inflation. Please, Nationals scores don't count for anything, as long as the placements are suitable. Anyone could point out a slew of skaters who have had Nationals inflation. Plushenko got over 100 points in the 2010 Russian Nationals SP with a turnout on his 3Z. Chan would not have gotten 300 points internationally as he did for his excellent skates at the 2012 Nationals which had inflated scores.
It's not just Osmond, sky-fly20 hates all canadian skaters...

minze

Medalist
I think many of the injured skaters are simply being cautious. When faced with the alternative of withdrawing from the GP to heal an injury so that they're in perfect shape for the Olymipcs, or competing in the GP and risk making their injury worse and giving them less time to heal and prepare for the Olympics, the choice is obvious.

Agree, but out all of those who are out the only who can afford to miss the Grand Prix and come back and still be a favorite is Yuna Kim. For people like Osmod, they need to get their programs out there early, to get reaction from judges, also to get miliage into their programs... But, I agree with you is better to stay on the cautios side on olympic year

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
It's not just Osmond, sky-fly20 hates all canadian skaters...

come to think of it, now that you mentioned it none of them just don't fit into my liking, no idea why they happened to be all Canadians though :scratch:
Chan who falls on his butt, Osmond with her inflated scores, Diva Voir and his dramatic antics, The crocodile teared Sale/Palettier, Megan Stiffboard Duhamel/Robot Radford. the closest I liked was Rochette, too bad she retired.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
So if we take a balanced approach to this analysis current skaters one could argue Kostner has been often overmarked for prat full skates and skating quality very good but no Cahan, and what about, Pang and Tong whose injuries have taken their toll, or the Ssquared and their error prone performances with rehashed tricks and transitions, or the disney performances and limited range of Davis and white, the baby ballet spindly gangly performances of Lipinskaya - we could pick apart skaters left and right. I mean we could attack somany American female skaters for their princessy miss america skates and perma grins. I am not sure though why their is such hatred towards any skater certainly Voir are not Pasha formerly Oksana gritschuk, Katarina Witt and her stares or Johnny Weir's antics. But it is odd that one nation is being attacked specifically it would appear. I hope I am not going to get beaten up for writing this.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
So if we take a balanced approach to this analysis current skaters one could argue Kostner has been often overmarked for prat full skates and skating quality very good but no Cahan, and what about, Pang and Tong whose injuries have taken their toll, or the Ssquared and their error prone performances with rehashed tricks and transitions, or the disney performances and limited range of Davis and white, the baby ballet spindly gangly performances of Lipinskaya - we could pick apart skaters left and right. I mean we could attack somany American female skaters for their princessy miss america skates and perma grins. I am not sure though why their is such hatred towards any skater certainly Voir are not Pasha formerly Oksana gritschuk, Katarina Witt and her stares or Johnny Weir's antics. But it is odd that one nation is being attacked specifically it would appear. I hope I am not going to get beaten up for writing this.

who is Cahan ?
V/M aren't being atatcked but again it typical since you are Canadian you probably think V/M are the greatest
most have a problem with Moirs Diva antics not the the whole V/M partnership.
D/W have something to brag, at least they are the better unquestionably technically

Kostner has Amazing speed, presence with good technique on her technical prime she was capable more than just a 3T-3T of Osmond
so totally irrelevant in comparison to Osmond's inflated score. Chan no need to mention his fraudelent wins

for the record Pasha/Grishuk aren't very much liked either, they skated at their last Olympics with limited competitors that is all
and lets not forget Baiul, who is a known alcoholic has going on down spirals on her life and career, very sad indeed

Alvyne

On the Ice
Country
Canada

I don't understand it either, I have my favorites and there are skaters who are not my cup of tea, but I don' go around forums bashing them every chance I get. It gets annoying when people do that. Is there an ignore button, I can't seem to find it.