Osmond’s preparing for her future | Golden Skate

Osmond’s preparing for her future

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kaetlyn Osmond is punching in plenty of hours of hard work to ensure she’s ready for the 2013-14 figure skating season, far and away the most important of her young career.

More

skateluvr

Record Breaker
She's awesome. I just love her. She skates with such expression-how can one not like her?

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Damn i was really hoping unlike last year that this season there wouldn't be so many injuries. :mad:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
It says they (her and her coach) contemplated it, but she seems to still be in it.

I hope she's ready for it! It could hurt her physically and certainly hurt her standing if she shows vulnerability. She's a fierce competitor and does tend to perform well on home ice though. Based on her early performances of the season, and her current injury, it'll be difficult for her to defeat Gold, Suzuki and Lipnitskaia, though.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
too bad, she was a lock for Skate Canada gold she would be skating on home ice with her inflated scores
but this is good news for Suzuki, Gold and Julia

so no GPF for her then, her next event is Cup of Russia, a non Canadian soil who she won't do well

I think it is quite usual for the Grand Prix of an Olympic year to go forward with depleted ranks.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
too bad, she was a lock for Skate Canada gold she would be skating on home ice with her inflated scores
but this is good news for Suzuki, Gold and Julia

so no GPF for her then, her next event is Cup of Russia, a non Canadian soil who she won't do well

Ah, I enjoy seeing you shed those crocodile tears. :laugh:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I think it is quite usual for the Grand Prix of an Olympic year to go forward with depleted ranks.

hopefully this wont be as a disaster as last season with so many injuries

now we already have

Korpii
K/S
Osmond

did I miss anyone ?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I didnt and I wont cry and waste crocodile tears :confused:

Crocodile tears = fake tears. As in, it's amusing to see you actually feign concern for Osmond and then say in the next breath that she would have only won due to Nationals inflation.

To say she was a lock for Skate Canada gold was also short sighted, when Lipnitskaia has been skating well and Gold and Suzuki can also potentially defeat her (Suzuki arguably should have last year, too).

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Crocodile tears = fake tears. As in, it's amusing to see you actually feign concern for Osmond and then say in the next breath that she would have only won due to Nationals inflation.

To say she was a lock for Skate Canada gold was also short sighted, when Lipnitskaia has been skating well and Gold and Suzuki can also potentially defeat her (Suzuki arguably should have last year, too).

:rolleye:, don't you think I dind't know what crocodile tears means
I meant I didn't cry when I opened this thread in the first place so no crocodile tears needed
I don't like any skaters being injured but doesn't mean I cry for all

she won gold last year with 2 falls
so if she shows up even with 3 falls she is a lock for podium or even teh gold medal
it is " home ice', look at Osmonds record, all her wins are in home ice,

had this been a different GP then we can talk
where she panics and falls even more as she knows she will not get inflated scores

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She won't withdraw as there is no one to replace her. All the other top skaters have already been assigned to SC or did the JGP and can't do the GP too.

She will win a medal no matter how she skates.

hohoho

On the Ice
agreed, I think 3 falls is enough for gold probably 170+ score
a clean Osmond will rack between 190-210 total in inflated scoring

Don't understand the inflated scoring in Canada when it is an international judging panel. I believe last year there was only one judge from Canada in the ladies event

phaeljones

On the Ice
I hope she's ready for it! It could hurt her physically and certainly hurt her standing if she shows vulnerability. She's a fierce competitor and does tend to perform well on home ice though. Based on her early performances of the season, and her current injury, it'll be difficult for her to defeat Gold, Suzuki and Lipnitskaia, though.

This is the reality. It is going to be a tough fight and an uphill battle. I question whether the Canadian public (generally) or the Canadian press realize what a tough field she is up against. There is a disconnect between expectations and the reality. People will be disappointed terribly if she does not win and, if she does win, they will take it for granted. She is a classy person. I just hope she is able to skate her best if she skates and is satisfied within herself for doing that. But I don't think the broader Canadian public is going to be happy with that if the other skaters skate better and have higher scores.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Don't understand the inflated scoring in Canada when it is an international judging panel. I believe last year there was only one judge from Canada in the ladies event

then you need to look at Osmonds Results, even her national scoring gets a 200+ with multiple falls, lol
its insignificant as long as she shows up she is a lock for podium I guarantee you that, this is "home ice"

and don't forget SC is the most shady GP event