Osmond’s preparing for her future | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Osmond’s preparing for her future

Icey

Record Breaker
Why don't we just set up a permanent bashing thread and require that all bashing be put in that thread?;)

rvi5

On the Ice
It's not just Osmond, sky-fly20 hates all canadian skaters...
sky_fly20's method of operation is to bash anyone who is considered competition to a favorite. After W/P returned from injury, and C/B's score suddenly became closer, I noticed sky_fly20 began bashing W/P in some threads at that time. Osmond is bashed because of Gracie, V/M because of D/W. sky_fly20 is just an "extremely" bias person who uses bully tactics...name calling, derogatory remarks, repetitive harassment of skaters throughout the various threads, conspiracy theories to negate the skater's successes, attempting to spread false gossip ie. accusing Kaetlyn of weight issues. Attacking a 17 year old girl who never did anything except enjoy skating and performing is just very low.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I have my favorites and there are skaters who are not my cup of tea, but I don' go around forums bashing them every chance I get. It gets annoying when people do that.

Thank you, Alvyne. :bow: Very well said, and I could not agree more. :agree: (My emphasis added above.)

Is there an ignore button, I can't seem to find it.

The Feedback forum has a thread with instructions for "How to Ignore Other Posters":

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Osmond, with two falls, a stepout a UR and a flutz, finished 4 points ahead of Mae Berenice Meite who skated a squeaky-clean 6-triple FS including a 3z without an edge call.

Yes, and Zijun Li with a perfect 7-triple freeskate placed behind Kostner who had a downgraded fall and a popped jump. But because Li's skating is inferior (as Meite's is to Osmond), Kostner ranked higher, as Osmond did over Meite (who skated very well, but had an error on her opening 3F, and didn't do a 3-jump combo, btw).

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
:rolleye:, I was talking about the scores he got at SC and Nebelhorn
how can she score almost the same , a 170+ at SC when she had less alone 2 falls and a flutzer just to name her some mistakes

I believe emdee's geography comment was in regards to your erroneous comment that:

look at Osmonds record, all her wins are in home ice

... obviously Nebelhorn was not on home ice. :rolleye:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, and Zijun Li with a perfect 7-triple freeskate placed behind Kostner who had a downgraded fall and a popped jump. But because Li's skating is inferior (as Meite's is to Osmond), Kostner ranked higher, as Osmond did over Meite (who skated very well, but had an error on her opening 3F, and didn't do a 3-jump combo, btw).

A three-jump combo is not a requirement. Meite's total neg GOE was -1.01 to Osmond's -5.06.

emdee

Final Flight
I believe emdee's geography comment was in regards to your erroneous comment that:

... obviously Nebelhorn was not on home ice. :rolleye:

A lot of eye rolling when skyfly waxes eloquent!
I think he/she likes the sound of its own voice so just continues spewing the same stuff again and agan and again.
I guess the belief is that if you say it often enough its 'almost' true!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
A three-jump combo is not a requirement. Meite's total neg GOE was -1.01 to Osmond's -5.06.

It's not a requirement but it leaves points on the table. Just like a level 3 or 4 spin/footwork isn't a requirement but it leaves points on the table if you only do a level 1 or 2.

Simancikova landed 6 triples and her GOE was -1.00 (on a 2A)... and yet she was beaten by Suzuki, Leonova, Helgesson, etc. who landed less triples and had more GOE deductions.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Merci! It's nice to be able to ignore people who never brings anything interesting to the conversation.

The problem is even the most annoying (to me) posters usually do eventually bring something interesting to the conversation. Everyone who cares enough to post here consistently is at least somewhat knowledgeable about the sport. The only difference is if they usually use their power for good or for evil...

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Cross-posting from the Osmond/Skate Canada International thread:

Hi,

Kaetlyn will be at Skate Canada International this weekend.

Her injury stills gives her pain but she is working through it.

Paul Lambe
https://www.facebook.com/KaetlynOsmondCFS

I love yesterday's tweet from Kaetlyn Osmond ‏@kaetlyn_23:
Crazy this was already a year ago. Every memory is still so fresh in my mind. Now I'm ready to make new memories. :) pic.twitter.com/3TeHmNdH5T
7:54 AM - 21 Oct 13
https://twitter.com/kaetlyn_23/status/392302836018446336d