Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ladies SP JGP Kosice 2013

Banned
    nice, Karen got a 64.46 !
    is that a junior lady SP record ? or Mirai still got higher ?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    nice, Karen got a 64.46 !
    is that a junior lady SP record ? or Mirai still got higher ?
    Nagasu scored 65.07 for SP as a junior, so Chen's SP score is not a SP record for junior ladies.

Custom Title
    Skyfly20, you don't have to bring other skaters down to bring up the ones you like.

Chen & Proklova were fantastic today, and I look forward to seeing them duke it out in the LP. Chen had fantastic speed and her opening combo looked much bigger. Proklova's jumps have improved a lot since the videos posted earlier in this thread. I really like how she carries herself and the tension in her moves.

What a wonderful competition! The scores are really high and all the top3 girls were fantastic! I'm looking forward to the FS for an exciting competition And, I know that I'm always complaining about the Junior Ladies PCS, but one judge gave Proklova 4.50 for TR and 5.50 for CH!!

Custom Title
    Thank you Finnstep for all the updates and video links!

Really a quality competition. I liked Chen, Sakhanovich, and Kim.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Karen was wonderful! She is a little pistol out there! Her acceleration is amazing: three crossovers and she's on the other side of the rink. Her speed and coverage on that 3Lz-3T was incredible...Yu-Na-ish I must say. Karen is impressing me more and more every time I see her. She was the stand out skater of this group.

Alexandra is definitely like Julia 2.0. I think her needle spin is much better than Julia's simply because she points her foot which gives it a much prettier line. Julia's spins are impressive and very flexible but that doesn't always equal pretty. I think Alexandra connects to her choreography and music a little bit more and she does a slightly better job of projecting. She's not that much better than Julia (her axel is much better though) but I enjoyed her.

Kato was pleasant but not a big stand out. Hae Jin was lovely. Her movements are very expressive and I thought her choreography and music were very nice as well. She's definitely been studying Yu-Na...

Serafima was nice as well but the jumps weren't really there. Hopefully she'll rebound in the FS.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Totentanz View Post
    Poor Sakhanovich... Really nice skate but mistakes on jumps. Hope she gets her form back. She looks taller than last year, right? Maybe that's the problem.
    How small was Seraphima last season if after a big growth spurt she is only 151 cm? Jumps were not good here but I thought physically she looked about the same as Nationals. She does not have the long bambi limbs or big feet and hands, so it is possible she is experiencing puberty now as opposed to later and that may be hurting her jumps, but she is still so tiny, it makes me wonder if she is perhaps fighting an injury and there is more to the story. She looked to be in pain at the end. I hope she is not hurting herself by competing..

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnstep View Post
    Nagasu scored 65.07 for SP as a junior, so Chen's SP score is not a SP record for junior ladies.
    That was with a spiral sequence though, which has since been taken out of the SP. So, comparatively, Karen's score is higher!

Custom Title
    Also what was up with Barbie Long? Has she always been that slow? I thought the lutz combo was nice but everything else just seemed so slow and tentative. Plus her PCS are always so low, needs to work on that, she has good jumps and spins so she can do well if she improves the 2nd mark.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Also what was up with Barbie Long? Has she always been that slow? I thought the lutz combo was nice but everything else just seemed so slow and tentative. Plus her PCS are always so low, needs to work on that, she has good jumps and spins so she can do well if she improves the 2nd mark.
    Agreed. I thought the program was lovely and she looked very beautiful out there, but the performance was waaay too slow...

Custom Title
    You can't trust the height on ISU bios. They're almost always wrong or out of date. Serafima does look like she's grown a lot. Not only taller but with a more womanly figure

Why are all the Russian girls attempting 3F+3T in the SP? Sakhanovich for example is perfectly capable of a 3Lz+3T...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Why are all the Russian girls attempting 3F+3T in the SP? Sakhanovich for example is perfectly capable of a 3Lz+3T...
    she probably cant jump that atm, she is experiencing growth issues and seems to have affacted her badly, horrible bent knees landing technique
    Sakhanovich a month ago at test skate was falling all over the place

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    My guess is that it is a long term plan. The mandatory jump in the SP for juniors next year will be the 3Lz. As most of these ladies will be in the JGP again next year, they might be wanting to focus on getting a consistent 3F+3T, as they will also be able to use that in the SP next year as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast