Thread: What is up with Katia Gordeeva's two daughters, Daria and Liza?

Hybrid View

Custom Title

What is up with Katia Gordeeva's two daughters, Daria and Liza?

I haven't heard anything about Daria in a few years and she wasn't in the Family skating event last year. I searched for her on Twitter and found this, which worried me- sounds like she's doing lots of drugs and drinking:

I so want her to turn out happy and healthy. LOVED Sergei and Katia and have always had a tender spot in my heart for Daria.

And I heard that Liza is an upcoming skater? has anyone seen her skate recently? Is she considered a contender for national novice yet? With Ilia and Katia as her parents, she certainly has both great jumping and artistry genes.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide on either of the girls.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 09-13-2013 at 03:27 AM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    It's very hard to tell whether a twitter account really belongs to one person or another in real life. I edited out the twitter you linked, because it's unlikely that it is Daria Gordeeva-Grinkova's
    The wiki gives the last name as Gordeeva-Grinkova, and I've seen articles in which her last name is Grinkova.

Custom Title
    I doubt very much, that the account would be Daria´s. About her name though, she has used Gordeeva-Grinkova because of travel arrangements. The family had too many different last names: Ilia Kulik, Ekaterina Gordeeva, Daria Grinkova and Elizaveta Kulik.

I haven't heard much about Daria but here's a recent video of Liza. Looking great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDJaiQYnLjQ

Isn't Daria in college now? Liza skated during the pre-show warm-up of SOI in Hershey, PA on New Year's Eve (12/31/12).

Custom Title
    When I read this, I got a horrible sinking feeling in my stomach. I hope that this report is inaccurate and has nothing at all to do with one of our favorite skating families.

I found a facebook account of Daria Grinkova, but since I'm not on facebook, I can't access it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyanydots View Post
    I haven't heard much about Daria but here's a recent video of Liza. Looking great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDJaiQYnLjQ
    She does look great! What a nice layback she has, and her jumps have a good amount of air to them. I love the high-five from Dad, her coach.