Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: What is up with Katia Gordeeva's two daughters, Daria and Liza?

Results are up: http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...s/results.html

It looks like she did a single lutz instead of a double? She placed 6th. Does she need to be top 4 in order to qualify for sectionals?

Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    I think she could do all the double jumps including double axel, which gave her some troubles in her pairs career, and also occasionally attempted triple salchow and/or triple toe but was never consistent with them. Liza is catching up in terms of jump content.
    Katia and Sergei did the triple salchow throw a lot throughout their career, and I believe they also had SBS triple toes. They did SBS double axels too, which I think she was more consistent with than triple toes. I don't know if she ever did some of the harder triples though, like loop or lutz, though she did do double lutzes a lot in her professional singles programs.

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Victura View Post
    Results are up: http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...s/results.html

It looks like she did a single lutz instead of a double? She placed 6th. Does she need to be top 4 in order to qualify for sectionals?
    Yeah, only top 4 qualify for Sectionals. So she missed by less than a point. Eek.

Argh. :( Well, at least she made it out of the qualifying round this time (even if it was mostly due to bad luck that she didn't make it out last year). It looks like this program was better too, and she can be proud that she landed a double axel with a positive GOE. Hope she makes it to sectionals and beyond next season.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Victura View Post
    Argh. :( Well, at least she made it out of the qualifying round this time (even if it was mostly due to bad luck that she didn't make it out last year). It looks like this program was better too, and she can be proud that she landed a double axel with a positive GOE. Hope she makes it to sectionals and beyond next season.
    The double axel is impressive! I had a friend whose daughter skated into her teens, and I don't think she ever mastered more than a single axel. Next season is sure to bring further progress.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    The double axel is impressive! I had a friend whose daughter skated into her teens, and I don't think she ever mastered more than a single axel. Next season is sure to bring further progress.
    Oh- so close!!! I will keep rooting for her and hope that she will continue to grow and develop. She's beautiful to watch, and has a top-notch coatch!

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    ‏@DissonSkating
    First #FamilyTribute sneak peek photo: Katia Gordeeva, Ilia Kulik & their daughter Liza! pic.twitter.com/dmmAJ3hy6U
    5:39 PM - 4 Nov 13
    https://twitter.com/DissonSkating/st...38538314403841

Custom Title
    Liza's just about as tall as her Mom! I hope I don't miss this when it's telecast.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6