Mens Final Standings | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Mens Final Standings

brenlynn

On the Ice
lil lion 816 said:

I didn't see the Japanese men's free skates, but I find it hard to believe that they could have topped Ryan's program.

the japanese men were nowhere near the quality of ryan's lp. tamura would be the only guy from japan who had quality anywhere near the top men. he was flawless in the sp, but bombed his lp. from what i remember of being there watching the event takahasi didn't skate anywhere near as good as jahnke. file this among the skating results i will never understand.

i feel the standings should have been.... 1- buttle 2-lysacek 3-jahnke

i don't think i would put ryan ahead of evan. i personally thought both of his programs were stellar and he was the only man who put together 2 clean programs. i don't think he's half as bad as everyone on all the boards i have visited are making him out to be.

Last edited:

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
It is clear from the posters that 4C Mens event was not really decided. the 6.0 system ran amok. Joe
In some ways, it was one of the times the reality of 6.0 made sense, with the possible exception of Jahnke's placement: there wasn't a significant difference among the skaters, and as you had six different combinations for the final placements in the LP, so did the judges :)

Bijoux

Match Penalty
what surprises me

is that so many people comment before seeing the skates. Location IS part of the equation. Watch Skate America or NHK trophy. It's considered appreciation for the host country. This was rather obvious in the men's event. I think both Buttle and Sandhu skated poorly. I haven't paid a lot of attention to the men this season as everyone was injured, yada yada yada. Buttle didn't look like the same skater who wowed me earlier in the season. Sandhu should decide what he wants. He has nerves all the time. He's exotic, striking, so stylish, but he is one very inconsistent skater. I think that Ryan and Evan should have been one two in the free state.

I'm happy for Yukina and Cynthia (wow) and I think they deserved thier title. Why can't people just admit that politics and national bias are factored in sometimes? BTW thank you Canada for the best skaters in the world, Orser, Kurt, S&P and if she did not have nerves, Josee. Cynthia may be valulted to elite status before long. Also I loved Manly and Orser, and see both their performances as co-golds in the Olys

I don't agree that Canada gets screwed a lot. The best skaters in the world think Kurt is the best male skater ever. (Hamilton).
And S&P got a miracle gift due to BEZIC and Scotts across the boundary freindship in getting fairness in to the pair skate at SLC.

I love Canada!!

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
After finally watching the men's competition last night, I gotta say -- and this is coming from someone who is a fan of both Buttle and Sandhu -- I think that if Takeshi Honda and Chienjiang Li had been competing there, they would have blown everyone else out of the building.

Antilles

Medalist
That's definitely a possibility. I would have loved to see Honda skate. It was sad to lose the only World medalist at the competition.