Thread: Canada’s Rising Star: Jeremy Ten

News Canada’s Rising Star: Jeremy Ten

Canada’s Jeremy Ten, who took his first steps on the ice 15 years ago, couldn’t have imagined the position that he would be in as he approached his 25th birthday.

More

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gsk8 View Post
    Canada’s Jeremy Ten, who took his first steps on the ice 15 years ago, couldn’t have imagined the position that he would be in as he approached his 25th birthday.

More
    He's such a charming guy Loved his skating from a few years back. Anxious to see what he has to bring this season.

Custom Title
    dang already 25... hopes he gets a chance on world scene at least

Tripping on the Podium
    Oh, for some reason I had the impression that he switched to Aruntunian over the summer. I do wish he would get away from Joanne McLeod. He seems like a very sweet young man.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ghislaine View Post
    Oh, for some reason I had the impression that he switched to Aruntunian over the summer. I do wish he would get away from Joanne McLeod. He seems like a very sweet young man.
    J. Ten did spend a chunk of time over the summer training with R.A. While Ten was there, quite a few of his trademark entertaining tweets and photos involved Rippon and Wagner. I'm not sure how long Ten was with them -- seemed like several weeks maybe?

I did not know that he is approaching 25. Hope that he has a healthy and successful season.

Custom Title
    this is his big chance with three spots on the Canadian team. Mind you one would assume Chan and ?Reynolds have two spots. Jeremy would be the eldest skater and though Chan and Reynolds aren't exactly old Canada might want to focus on a youngerster. Mind you that "little boy" might be a bit too young (can't remember thatCAnadian phenom (Cam??) He has a wonderful style but his jumps let him down. There is something about Joanne McLeod that makes skating enthusiasts shudder her inability to close the deal, problems with the axel - she has a spell to draw talents that never materialize ie. Mira Leung had potential, Sandu, even Reynolds we'll see if he can grow pc and power wise. She might be a godod asst. coach. Jeremy shojld go for it because this is probably his last chance.

What a charming young man! Doesn't look like a 25yo. Sounds like he's giving it all to fight for the third place to Sochi. Good luck. Here's one of his recent skate at B.C. Summerskate.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bibi24 View Post
    dang already 25... hopes he gets a chance on world scene at least
    He went to worlds in 2008-2009, but IIRC, didn't have the skates he was hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    He went to worlds in 2008-2009, but IIRC, didn't have the skates he was hoping for.
    It is unfortunate J10 got injured along the way which is a big set back. Still hope he skates his best this season.

Banned
    I had to read and refresh my memory on who this Jeremy Ten is
    was immediately thinking of Denis Ten

Custom Title
    Jeremy was never a coaching priority for McLeod and I consider that a good thing. He has worked with other coaches at 8 rinks for a number of years.

Dragonlady
    Last edited by Mathman; 09-25-2013 at 07:07 PM. Reason: No commercial plugs in signatures, please.

Custom Title
    Nice to see a supportive article about a men's skater from Canada other than Patrick

Congrats to Jeremy Ten for a new PB at Nebelhorn and being in medal contention.

Custom Title
    Jason Brown of the US, just up from juniors, is in medal contention, too.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Jason Brown of the US, just up from juniors, is in medal contention, too.
    I was going to put that in the Jason Brown thread. Just haven't done that yet.