Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rochette will not compete at Sochi Olympics

Minusaramadad from Arctaroon John King's Avatar
    She has already accomplished the unimaginable: winning a bronze medal just days after loosing her mother, in the process becoming an inspiration for millions, even those who are not skating fans. It is a wise decision.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by John King View Post
    She has already accomplished the unimaginable: winning a bronze medal just days after loosing her mother, in the process becoming an inspiration for millions, even those who are not skating fans. It is a wise decision.
    Japan Open was impressing. Canada could have clinched the Team event Gold with her IMO

Custom Title
    I would have liked to see her skate one more time though ther wouldn't be enough time for her probabouly to get her jumps all back - but admittedly she has enough to make the Canadian team - you never like to see a former champion not be able to give her or his best simply for lack of training time, injury or money.

Custom Title
    I can understand her decision, but it is pity.
    If Yu-Na will be out of comptition (I hope, not), she even would have a chance for gold. She is more complex and consistent than either Mao or Kostner.

A team gold will surely be hers if.......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2