Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: One of the top Japanese ladies will have to stay home, but Who?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by altuixde View Post
    I hope that the Japanese ladies who get to go to Sochi are the ones who do best at Japan's nationals this December and who also do well during the international competitions between now and then.
    Same goes for Japanese men! and my favorite skater is able to be selected fairly; not being holding-up by JSF or holding-down other J-boys, I hope!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    I think Yukari lost a lot of her drive and confidence after getting screwed over at 2008 Worlds. Which is very understandable. When you skate that great and deserve the Silver medal and instead end up in 4th place...really hurts.
    But she did not get screwed up. Most of her jumps were under-rotated. If she skated some 20 years ago, it wouldn't matter, but now they are checking for the underrotations while being able to play it back and slow it down... Hers were so badly underrotated that it was visible with naked eye! She was on fire, it was a very decent performance, but the quality of her jumps unfortunately was not as it should have been, so I really don't think she deserved a medal.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    I think Miyahara's chance is better in this Olympic season than four years later. She will be chosen unless Suzuki wins Skate Canada or Kato masters the 4S. As for 2018, I'm not sure if the Japanese ladies can keep three spots, and there will be about six contenders. It might be very difficult for Miyahara even if they had three. It's not correct to say "she can wait her turn". This IS her turn.

Marin Honda
    Wakaba Higuchi
    Kaori Sakamoto
    Sui Takeuchi
    Riona Kato
    Satoko Miyahara
    Kanako Murakami (doubtful but not counting out)
    I am pretty sure Japanese ladies will be able to keep three spots. Maybe not immediately after the Olympic season, when the strongest retire, but they have some pretty strong coming through juniors, so by next Olympics they will have again three spots and very likely 3 ladies within first 10 at worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Suzuki - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWdnhwsl-ZM (I don't see a video of her GPF performance on Youtube anymore, but she skated this well)
    Found it! http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/PkmID0UTxEc/
    (Pretty poor video quality, unfortunately).

Her 2009 Japanese nationals FS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urnMcbhKjZs

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4