Ladies SP JGP Baltic 2013 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP JGP Baltic 2013

bluesky85

On the Ice
Looks like it's between Medvedeva/Wang for gold/silver.
Bronze wide open for skaters ranked 3-8?

Yeah... I would say the most likely would be Daleman or Kim. Oba and Bell still have a chance but nearly 7-8 points behind Kim, so it might be a bit difficult, but who knows? Na Hyun might make a mistake and score below 95 and Bell and/or Oba might come back strong and score 102+. But let's hope everybody does her best and goes clean!

I can't really say anything about Saarinen yet because she is still young and her personal best is much lower than Bell and Oba. But then she had 2A-3T in the long program last season and she might have upgraded her technical difficulty or program component score this season.

Anything can happen in figure skating, so tomorrow will be exciting!

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Angela is like a mini-Kwan.
Love her transitions, love her Kwan-esques moves.

I want Courtney and Angela on the Sochi team, please. :)

bluesky85

On the Ice
Just saw Maisy Hui Ching Ma and I really like her!! She doesn't have difficult jumps yet but her speed and interpretation, performance are great and she shows mature presentation for her age (age 13). Once she has all triple jumps, she will be a great athlete and artist on ice!

IleK

On the Ice
I love Angela!! I am so happy she got back her spots on GP. I was afraid she was injured and can't compete. Something must have bothered her because she gave up on her 3lz-3t she did so well last season. But on the oher hand she did a clean SP which we know it is her weakness. I hope tomorrow we will see a great and clean FS the way she used to do.
Even though I like Evghenia and her pretty ballerina dress, I don't think it was fair that she received the same PCS as Angela. Angela was far superior.
I was also impresses by Lena Marroco. Too bad for the double axel and that spin she got 0 points for. She finally has a more mature coreography and she moves softly, her spins look better. Anyway, she is a different skater now and it is funny because she is only 18 but she's been around like forever. This is the first time when I really liked her dress, she used to wear very childish dress. I hope she can deliever in the FS. She has a really nice lutz.
I also liked Gabrielle, too bad for so many mistakes, and Jenni, nice 3t-3t.

Sara

On the Ice
Me too, I really liked Angela!! Beautiful skating :) Her dress reminds a lot Yuna's SP dress from last season. Medvedeva was excellent as well, love her! I was also impressed by the Korean skater, first time I saw her. Maisy was a pleasant surprise, and of course I was thrilled to see Jenni Saarinen's new SP and her clean 3T-3T! I'm so glad that finally after so many years Finland finally has promising juniors such as Jenni and Liubov to compete in international level.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Angela is like a mini-Kwan.
Love her transitions, love her Kwan-esques moves.

This. I'm so ga-ga over this girl! I read in an article that Michelle is Angela's idol and it really shows in her skating. She has that ooze quality and this serenity to her when she skates. That SP was so beautiful! I adore the back-spiral at the end...she's channeling the Kween in a major way and I'm loving it.

I think it's good she pulled back on the 3-3 for this competition but I hope it doesn't become a habit. The field isn't particularly strong at this event so she could afford a 3-2 and still be in the running for a top spot, but that won't fly in a tougher field. I'm glad she went for the easier combo and skated cleanly; clean skates build confidence and being that the SP has been her undoing for the past two years, it's important that she build her confidence up.

Angela is a pretty strong FS skater so I'm excited to see what's going to happen tomorrow. I do think she should have been about 2 points higher than Evgenia in PCS but that's okay. Hopefully if she skates well tomorrow she'll see an increase in those scores.

Go Angela!!

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Kim was nice though I don't think she utilized that music well enough.

I think Daleman could be amazing...she has speed, power and that spark to her skating. It's what I've always liked about her. She just needs to learn to rein it in a bit and control herself. But for her to fall twice and still be in the top 5 is a big deal b/c that means she's not out of the competition yet. I think a strong skate from her will land her on the podium. She has the PCS advantage over everyone and if she skates well that score should go up.

Oba just didn't have her legs under her. She's a mix of Miki and Shizuka IMO: 70% Miki, 30% Shizuka. :)

macy

Record Breaker
i wish medvedeva would get a different dress or just put a different skirt on it :disapp: but very good program from her. she kind of muscles the second jump of her 3+3, but improvement on that will most likely come with age.
i LOVE angela's program and dress! wow, so gorgeous. medvedeva better not make mistakes in the long. if she keeps it together this season and at nationals she actually has a reasonable chance of making the olympics. she really is kwan-esque.
i've never seen maisy skate or even heard of her but i'm a fan now! and she has hannah miller's lp music from last year :) very nice jumps! her layback position looks like mine, pretty cool!
i hope mariah can hold it together in the long, i love her skating. she's so spunky and has so much expression. she has potential for bronze.
same for daleman, she has a lot of power and nice height on her jumps.

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Wang was gorgeous, very mature skating, her PCS should not be so close to Medvedevas... i just cant enjoy Medvedevas short program! That dress and awful music is too distracting... agree about Maisy, what a pleasant suprise :) and i loved her face expression and smiles through her program.
Hoping Daleman will redeem herself tomorrow! overall a pretty nice competition. and agree about Marrocco, have she not missed her jumps that program could have been way up there.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Angela is a pretty strong FS skater so I'm excited to see what's going to happen tomorrow. I do think she should have been about 2 points higher than Evgenia in PCS but that's okay. Hopefully if she skates well tomorrow she'll see an increase in those scores.

Go Angela!!

I've seen Angela doing 3Lz-3T right in front of me several times in warm up. Her speed and flow is very nice. The 3Lz-3T was so effortless. I remember commenting about it in the Jr. competition 2 years ago. It's one of those things that when you see it done right in front of your eyes, you just can't believe why not many people can do it consistently. It looked ridiculously easy.

I hope she's in the running.

Country
Russia
I've seen Angela doing 3Lz-3T right in front of me several times in warm up. Her speed and flow is very nice. The 3Lz-3T was so effortless. I remember commenting about it in the Jr. competition 2 years ago. It's one of those things that when you see it done right in front of your eyes, you just can't believe why not many people can do it consistently. It looked ridiculously easy.

I hope she's in the running.
I remember Angela's 3Lz+3T (and 3Lz+3T+2T) at JGP Events 2012.
I also remember her 3Lz+1T at SP of JGP Final.

Ladies are so unpredictable.
My only prediction for FS and total results - changes may be multiple.
Many skaters were mistaked at SP, others may mistake in FS.