U.S. Figure Skating: "Who Is Your Celebrity Crush?" | Golden Skate

U.S. Figure Skating: "Who Is Your Celebrity Crush?"

Adorable!

I'm sure several celebrities would have crushes on some of these skaters; quite a few of them are pretty glorious-looking. One thing has been proven: if Ryan Reynolds goes to Nationals, he'll be torn limb from limb.

When I first saw the name of the thread, I read too fast and assumed it was asking us what our celebrity crushes were from among skaters. Somewhere way high up on my list would be Andrew Poje.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It's probably just because I'm not American, but am I the only one that had to look up most of the people mentioned because I had never heard tell of them?!

I knew Selina Gomez, mainly because I have had a crush on her myself for years! ;)

I knew Liam Hemsworth, because: a.) he's going out with another of my celebrity crushes, Miley Cyrus, and b.) I've watched Aussie soap "Home And Away" since I was a youngster, and Liam's brother (Chris) used to play Kim Hyde in it.

I knew Jessica Alba, because she's seriously hot ...not just "pretty", Charlie! (Although, I've never actually seen anything she's been in!)

Don't know any of the guys Gracie mentioned, but I knew the first 2 girls she mentioned (I couldn't make out the surname of the third, Jennifer somebody):

Angelina - HELL YES!!! (Although, she's getting more like her Dad as she gets older, which is rather worrying...)
Ellen - well, for looks I prefer Portia (she is gorgeous!), but I love Ellen's personality, and she's not bad for an older woman...

Didn't know either of Lynn and Logan's choices (and, hence, didn't know Samantha's!)

Couldn't make out Anastasia's choice as she was talking too fast! (Shows just how enthusiastic she was about that choice!) :laugh:

Knew Agnes' first 2 choices. Didn't know the final one.

Didn't know Collin Brubaker's choice, but when he was talking about "beautiful women" I was amazed he didn't mention the one sitting beside him...!!! :confused2:

But, I can't argue with any of Colin McManus' choices!!! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

P.S. I'd never seen Collin and Alissandra before, on ice or off. So, is it just me, or is Alissandra the picture of Meryl?!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
.... I knew Liam Hemsworth, because: a.) he's going out with another of my celebrity crushes, Miley Cyrus ....

Don't know any of the guys Gracie mentioned, but I knew the first 2 girls she mentioned (I couldn't make out the surname of the third, Jennifer somebody): ....

Couldn't make out Anastasia's choice as she was talking too fast! (Shows just how enthusiastic she was about that choice!) :laugh:

Didn't know Collin Brubaker's choice, but when he was talking about "beautiful women" I was amazed he didn't mention the one sitting beside him...!!! :confused2: ...

P.S. I'd never seen Collin and Alissandra before, on ice or off. So, is it just me, or is Alissandra the picture of Meryl?!

What an attractive and crush-worthy group ... and I'm talking about all the skaters, of course. :)

When I viewed the vid yesterday, one of the revelations for me too is that Aronow stands out as off-the-charts gorgeous. :love: Absolutely breathtakingly stunning and elegant. Collin Brubaker is a lucky guy to be her partner. (But Aronow does not remind me at all of Davis, who also is lovely.)

Cannuscio's choice was Alexander Skarsgard, an actor known for True Blood.
One of my favorite moments of the vid was when she gave McManus a funny look, and asked whether he meant to say Emma Watson as opposed to Emma Stone. When he confirmed that he intentionally had said Stone, they laughed together and she replied affectionately, "I learn something new about him every day."

Gracie Gold's third woman crush = Jennifer Lawrence. I was very pleased by this answer b/c I think Lawrence could be a good role model for GG in terms of being comfortable with herself and not being afraid to simply behave naturally and show her own personality.

[ LOL, breaking news re Liam Hemsworth: he has split from Ms. Cyrus. She can be all yours, CLfan. ... although I can't imagine that she deserves you. ;)
ETA: What I mean, of course, is that she would not good enough for you, CLfan. Realized that my words could be interpreted the other way around. I definitely mean that she is the one who would not be good enough for you.]​

ice coverage

Record Breaker
New video: "Most Embarrassing Moment"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UDKzSyB4CU

Thanks, aftertherain.

USFS messed up the description of the Embarrassing Moment video -- seemed to re-use the one for the Celebrity Crush video.
For anyone who hasn't clicked on the Embarrassing Moment video, it in fact includes Aronow/Brubaker, Hicks, Farris, Castelli/Shnapir, and Denney/Coughlin (and maybe more whom I have forgotten) along with those previously named.

As aftertherain already posted in the Picking Program Music thread, another SLC montage video of Team USA is:
What Song Would You Skate To?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0LnZIU-WVs
"We asked Team USA members Charlie White & Meryl Davis, Max Aaron, Gracie Gold, Marissa Castelli & Simon Shnapir, John Coughlin & Caydee Denney, Joshua Farris, Samantha Cesario, Agnes Zawadzki, and Lynn Kriengkrairut & Logan Giulietti-Schmitt what song they'd like to skate to that they've never skated to before."​

So USFS has posted three so far :), and my question is :confused2::
Where are Zhang/Bartholomay -- not to mention Kayne/O'Shea, Carriere, Hochstein?​

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I should have added above:

Always a pleasure to see/hear the entertaining headliners, such as Max with his expressive eyebrows and Davis/White with Charlie's hearty laugh.
[Meryl's supportive comment to Charlie quoted by ATR above was sweet indeed.]​

Just sayin' that if the vids included the entire roster of SLC entries from Team USA, we would be getting to know and like all of the less familiar faces too.