Who are these skaters? | Golden Skate

Who are these skaters?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
there was a thread about this in the Edge. no one seemed to think they were "elite" level skaters.

Yeah; they sure don't move like top-level skaters. No one from Russia has any detailed information on them. Great ad, though!

Did you enjoy Reno? That was the air show, correct?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Reno National Air Races were great but hotter than normal....85 in the day and 47-55 at night...but no smoke from fires!!! We had a good motorcycle ride down and back and 9 days camping out in the high desert to watch the racing, which was safe this year, thankfully.
Will post pics latter but for now I am playing catch up.
In the credits of the commercial, they seem to give the skaters' names in Russian so I guess I will have to check the other forum as my Russian is limited to "Yasa" and "Yuri" LOL!
The lady bears a remarkable likeness to a certain current French lady Ice dancer but as pointed out they were pretty rough...
Hope you are all well and doing fine....no trips scheduled till Nats so maybe I can catch my breath....
The old coyote

Yeah; they sure don't move like top-level skaters. No one from Russia has any detailed information on them. Great ad, though!

Did you enjoy Reno? That was the air show, correct?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
These skaters look familiar?
http://www.youtube.com/embed/rv7dGhj5UlA

Chris back from Reno

The lady bears a remarkable likeness to a certain current French lady Ice dancer but as pointed out they were pretty rough...

Hey Chris

Thank goodness I wasn't the only one whose first thought was "Is that Nathalie with a different partner...?" :laugh: :biggrin:

I just scrolled down the comments left on the video, and about a month ago somebody ("singhsha") asked the same question, and last week they got the following answer:

AF2Z said:
Skaters are Яна Кириченко (Yana Kirichenko) and Владислав Дручунас (Vladislav Druchunas)

And when I did a Google search for their names, one of the results was a thread in this forum!

Figure skating cars

Looks like somebody got to feed before the Coyote! ;)

But, to be fair, I missed that thread too! I was on holidays in Crete at the time, and didn't get near a computer for a couple of weeks. So, there's probably other stuff I missed out on too... :unsure:

Glad you enjoyed Reno :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi, Chris! Glad you enjoyed Reno. Now, let the skating season begin in earnest!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
YOU ARE A GENIUS! :) Thanks!
Sadly, I am retired and have lost all my free time. I cant follow all the aircraft, motorcycle, shooting and skating forums and keep up....I take 9 trips a year and am not a smart phone person...so I am clueless about what is going on most of the time.
I rely on iluvtodd, Mrs. P, and Doris for all my info, but now they have let me down and I have to go around stating that I am NOT the father of Miki's child no matter how many events I have stalked her at...:rofl:
Hope to visit lovely Ireland one day....come to Boston in early January and party with the rest of us nationals groupies...

Hey Chris

Thank goodness I wasn't the only one whose first thought was "Is that Nathalie with a different partner...?"I just scrolled down the comments left on the video, and about a month ago somebody ("singhsha") asked the same question, and last week they got the following answer:

And when I did a Google search for their names, one of the results was a thread in this forum!

Figure skating cars

Looks like somebody got to feed before the Coyote! ;)

But, to be fair, I missed that thread too! I was on holidays in Crete at the time, and didn't get near a computer for a couple of weeks. So, there's probably other stuff I missed out on too... :unsure:

Glad you enjoyed Reno :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I watched some of the international classic in Salt Lake on INW and really liked Davis and White's programs....a bit of a different look for them....If it weren't for Reno I would go there and watch live despite the hard seats and hockey shields.....
I am going to skip Detroit and I will see you at Boston....
Hi, Chris! Glad you enjoyed Reno. Now, let the skating season begin in earnest!

Chris, you get to see the most wonderful scenery! Thanks for showing us the photos.

I watched Davis and White's free dance and was mesmerized. And to think that they'll be refining and improving it through this season. A lot to look forward to this season. I'd better start taking my vitamins; it's going to be so nerve-wracking. Man, you'd think I'd get calmer about the Olympics as time goes on, but I'm just as nervous about this one as I was about the first one I ever watched. I guess that proves that good skaters are still showing up.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for the pics, Chris! :love: the lakes & mountain scenery!

Are you saying Mrs. P., Doris, & I let you down? Aw ....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Here are a few pics of my friend John and mine's trip to southern British Columbia this August.
I think he likes close haircuts as he doesn't have to carry a comb!
http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/CoyoteChris303/library/Canada 2013?sort=3&page=1
Once again, as in March, the Canadians proved to be very nice hosts...John only had 4 days for a trip but I told him
next summer we shall go to Banff if the west is smokey and to Glacier NP/Bear Tooth Highway if it is not....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I think DW have a softer appearance this year.....it will be interesting to see how the judges rate them against the Canadians, which always seem to have the softer approach....
The west has many faces...in July, my friend Joe and I went to Glacier NP, Spearfish SD for a Honda Rally, Devil's tower, and Yellowstone....
http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/CoyoteChris303/library/Spearfish2013?sort=3&page=1
Chris, you get to see the most wonderful scenery! Thanks for showing us the photos.

I watched Davis and White's free dance and was mesmerized. And to think that they'll be refining and improving it through this season. A lot to look forward to this season. I'd better start taking my vitamins; it's going to be so nerve-wracking. Man, you'd think I'd get calmer about the Olympics as time goes on, but I'm just as nervous about this one as I was about the first one I ever watched. I guess that proves that good skaters are still showing up.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Naaaa...you didn't let me down....I have the choice of taking the time to get a smart phone and checking in if I want....I just prefer to people watch than screen watch.....its an old man thing...:)

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Aw ... I feel better (hopefully the same is true for Mrs. P. & Doris). People watching is fun! :biggrin: