Where Are They Now? Ask and Get Answers about skaters you've lost track of! | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Where Are They Now? Ask and Get Answers about skaters you've lost track of!

lcd

Match Penalty
Last I heard of Vern Taylor was that he reinstated and competed in 1994 -- I think he was last or next-to-last at Canadians. But impressive that he got there, must've been in his mid/late 30s.

Can't find any documentation online, though.

Good one. His triple axel - the first one "ratified" if I'm not wrong - was a hot mess (heehee). Legs and feet were almost in a flailing spread position. But Hey, he landed it! I also wonder where he is/what he did in his life.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Others I am interested in: Schwarz-Muller, Writz-Writz, Yulia Soldatova, Tatiana Malinina, Kimmie Meissner, Aleksander Abt (he is a troublemaker these days, isn't he?) Tonya Harding. I know Tonya gave a birth to a baby boy in 2011.
There are so many on ice/off ice couples in this sport but I noticed most of them don't have children. I know it's not my business. I'm just curious.

Wirtz and Wirtz are coaching at the Kitchener-Waterloo skating club, and their students include Moore-Towers/Moscovitch.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
i wonder what happened to Lyndon Johnston and Cindy Landry They won a world silver medals in pairs dropped to 9th and Ihaveno ideal what happened. She I know was dating Christopher Bowman and found with drugs with Bowman in some seedy hotel but I am not sure what happened to them.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
i wonder what happened to Lyndon Johnston.

If I am not mistaken, Lyndon Johnston is a coach in Florida -- for Zhang/Bartholomay, for example. Maybe for Denney/Frazier as well ... off the top of my head, can't remember for whom else.

Doris, I hereby nominate you for the Sherlock Holmes Award. You are positively the best detective on GS. Thanks!

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
What about Morgan Matthews? I can see wikipedia notes she is coaching at The Skating Club of Boston and attending Wellesley -- which should certainly open doors for her future! But still, I always felt bad for her not getting released to skate for Canada. Just wondered if anybody had a personal anecdote, hopefully along the lines of "she's happily pursuing a -b- c ..."

Similarly, I still feel gutted for Emily Samuelson not finding a suitable partner.

One of the great things about skating fans is that we're so loyal. I've seen over and over again how we maintain interest in skaters who leave the sport and wish them well--and not just the great skaters of yesteryear but the ones who almost made it but didn't quite end up at the top of the pyramid.

LongTimeLurker

On the Ice
I was wondering about Nikodinov too. Last I heard, she was doing coaching in Bulgaria, but is she still doing that? The last skate of hers I saw was her "There You'll Be" tribute to her mom on Ice Wars. Has she done any more recent performances?
I vaguely remember reading that she had married her student, Ivan Dinev....

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I also feel sorry that Emily Samuelson cannot find a partner, as well as the lovely Caitlin Yankowskas! Tragedy for both of them.

lilshorty

On the Ice
Does anybody know whether Amanda Dobbs is still competing? She competed at Skate Detroit last year, and used to compete in both pairs and singles on the senior level for the U.S.

Victura

On the Ice
What happened to Katy Taylor? She seemed to be climbing up the ranks but suddenly disappeared. Does anyone know why? She's still only 23...it says on Wikipedia that she recently gave birth to her first child.