Where Are They Now? Ask and Get Answers about skaters you've lost track of! | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Where Are They Now? Ask and Get Answers about skaters you've lost track of!

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Tatiana's accident was awful. I do wonder why Alexei did not do much surgery like plush, so he could continue skating/jumping? He loved to compete and win. I think he and Plush are even friends now.

^ I believe Yagudin's injuries were due to a congenital abnormality in his hip. It could not be corrected by surgery.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
^ I believe Yagudin's injuries were due to a congenital abnormality in his hip. It could not be corrected by surgery.

yeah there were more factors, he also - like Lipinski - came back to skating far sooner than doctors wanted.

coppertop1

On the Ice
How about Jeff Langdon, a Men's Figure Skater during the 90s from Canada. He fell off the scene after 2001.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I swear I saw Jeff Langdon coaching someone mahybe in Calgary or was it the states? Does he have an affiliation coaching with Scott Davis? As for Josee Chouinard. She got married and had twins and then divorced (a Canadian pairs skater). She is coaching as far as I know. Jennifer Robinson went on to become a councillor in her city - was it Toronto (Rob Ford territory) or someonewhere in Ontario Canada but had to quite for personal reasons.

lcd

Match Penalty
Here's one. ALLEN SCHRAMM. Wildly creative men's skater from the US back in the 80s.

gkelly

Record Breaker
Here's one. ALLEN SCHRAMM. Wildly creative men's skater from the US back in the 80s.

I don't know what he's doing now. I do know in the 1990s he was coaching in Detroit and later in Texas, and also working with the French team on choreography.

I always wondered whether the backspin-first spins that were popular with French skaters at the time, and rare elsewhere until it became a feature under IJS, were a product of Schramm's influence.

coppertop1

On the Ice
Now you mention it, I think Allen Schramm did Vanessa Gusmeroli's LP in 1997.

Yup, I think Langdon is coaching. I wish him the best, he handled being in Sandhu's shadow in 1998 with a lot of class, he went out and showed everyone he was still there for a reason

How about Susan Humphreys? What's she doing? She had to be one of the worst hard luck stories in skating, constant injuries, confidence problems, etc. She retired after 1997-98, when she failed to secure a berth for Canada at the 1998 Olympics at the 1997 Nebelhorn Trophy (she had to withdraw from 1997 Worlds after finishing 21st i the short, due to an injury), all the Canadian women were the subject of constant criticism and negative feedback by the press and skating officials.

skatesindreams

Rinkside
I don't know what he's doing now. I do know in the 1990s he was coaching in Detroit and later in Texas, and also working with the French team on choreography.
I always wondered whether the backspin-first spins that were popular with French skaters at the time, and rare elsewhere until it became a feature under IJS, were a product of Schramm's influence.

He's coaching at the STARS FSC of TEXAS (scroll down)
http://www.starsfsc.org/coaches

coppertop1

On the Ice
I looked up the Calalta Community Centre. That is where Scott Davis works. Annabelle Langlois and Cody Hay work there.

Skater Boy, the pair skater Josee was married to is former Canadian Pairs Champion Jean-Michel Bombardier. Thanks for the update about Josee! She was always one of my favourites. She is coaching at the Granite Club.

meem

On the Ice
How about Josée Chouinard or Jennifer Robinson? Or Elena Bechke?

The last I heard, Elena Bechke was married (2nd time) and living/coaching in the Raleigh, NC area (but I heard that about the same time Kristi Yamaguchi was living in Raleigh back when her husband was playing for the Hurricanes...this must be 10 years ago so my info' is not current).