Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 132

Thread: Where Are They Now? Ask and Get Answers about skaters you've lost track of!

  1. #31
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,495
    I'm so glad you asked about Magnussen. We haven't had word of her since that awful incident at the skating rink. I hope she has recovered.

  2. #32
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    16,188
    May 2012, she was still having severe respiratory and other problems, and feared she would never be able to enter a rink again. I don't see anything since then.
    http://www.vancouversun.com/story_print.html?id=6569218

  3. #33
    Medalist
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    79
    What about Abitbol Bernadis? They were so fun to watch! Is Sarah married?

  4. #34
    Medalist
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    79
    Others I am interested in: Schwarz-Muller, Writz-Writz, Yulia Soldatova, Tatiana Malinina, Kimmie Meissner, Aleksander Abt (he is a troublemaker these days, isn't he?) Tonya Harding. I know Tonya gave a birth to a baby boy in 2011.
    There are so many on ice/off ice couples in this sport but I noticed most of them don't have children. I know it's not my business. I'm just curious.

  5. #35
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,495
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    May 2012, she was still having severe respiratory and other problems, and feared she would never be able to enter a rink again. I don't see anything since then.
    http://www.vancouversun.com/story_print.html?id=6569218
    That is just awful. Awful. And all through the facility's negligence. There's got to be a way for this woman to regain a rewarding life, whether they can cure her physically or not.

    I don't usually cuss, but my first version of this post started with a four-letter word. This is the place for it if ever there was one.

  6. #36
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    193
    [QUOTE=golden411;765286]Some other bits:



    Kadavy and Trenary were among the guests at the Broadmoor Skating Club's 75th Anniversary celebration a few weeks ago. Photos from the event were floating around on social media.

    Thank you for these photos.
    Looking good Jill!!!

  7. #37
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    226
    Here's a picture of Jill Trenary with Caryn Kadavy and Christa Fassi: http://gazette.com/gallery/articleid...ictures/296960

    Enjoy!

  8. #38
    Gotta Have Music iluvtodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    10,700
    kasik8222, Kimmie skated in Michael Weiss' Foundation show on 9/15/13. She's in college, and has about another year to go. IIRC, she's also doing some coaching. She continues her involvement with the Cool Kids Campaign (for kids with cancer).

  9. #39
    Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,160
    Regarding Manley, archived (2012-2013) GoldenSkate thread pertaining to her interest in the issue of mental health and her performance in an ice show for the benefit of the cause.

    (Disclaimer: I have no idea whether video of her performance exists.)

  10. #40
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,800
    I would like to know what skaters are doing for a living especially those who did not make it to the top. Like is it true Sandhu was working at the Gap. Jamie Sale remarried well a former pro hockey player who owns ome kind of flooring business. What does Holly Cook do. How much work is Nicole Bobek getting to skate. Linda Fratianne and Lisa Marie Allen what happened to them. Tracey Wainmann I think coaches. What about Angela Nikodivnov or Tonya Harding. I know at one time a Canadia Kay Thomson was doing nudes on ice but what happened afterwards. Same for Karen Preston and Josee Chouinard from Canada. I know susan Humphries married a doctor and coaches and Debi Thomas is a doctor as is Tenley Albright. What about janet lynn, charles tickner, susanna drianao, elaine zayak, sydne vogel, tiffany chin (she is coaching i think), the hughes sisters I know were academically gifted but what are they doing, what happens after skating if you do not coach or do the few shows left. Where do you go.

  11. #41
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    Here's a picture of Jill Trenary with Caryn Kadavy and Christa Fassi: http://gazette.com/gallery/articleid...ictures/296960

    Enjoy!
    Thank you Oreo. That is a great shot of the three ladies!

  12. #42
    “Our blade takes us in the most amazing places.” skatingfan4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    310
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    I would like to know what skaters are doing for a living especially those who did not make it to the top. Like is it true Sandhu was working at the Gap. Jamie Sale remarried well a former pro hockey player who owns ome kind of flooring business. What does Holly Cook do. How much work is Nicole Bobek getting to skate. Linda Fratianne and Lisa Marie Allen what happened to them. Tracey Wainmann I think coaches. What about Angela Nikodivnov or Tonya Harding. I know at one time a Canadia Kay Thomson was doing nudes on ice but what happened afterwards. Same for Karen Preston and Josee Chouinard from Canada. I know susan Humphries married a doctor and coaches and Debi Thomas is a doctor as is Tenley Albright. What about janet lynn, charles tickner, susanna drianao, elaine zayak, sydne vogel, tiffany chin (she is coaching i think), the hughes sisters I know were academically gifted but what are they doing, what happens after skating if you do not coach or do the few shows left. Where do you go.
    I was wondering about Nikodinov too. Last I heard, she was doing coaching in Bulgaria, but is she still doing that? The last skate of hers I saw was her "There You'll Be" tribute to her mom on Ice Wars. Has she done any more recent performances?

  13. #43
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    What does Holly Cook do. How much work is Nicole Bobek getting to skate. Linda Fratianne and Lisa Marie Allen what happened to them. Tracey Wainmann I think coaches. What about Angela Nikodivnov or Tonya Harding. I know at one time a Canadia Kay Thomson was doing nudes on ice but what happened afterwards. Same for Karen Preston and Josee Chouinard from Canada. I know susan Humphries married a doctor and coaches and Debi Thomas is a doctor as is Tenley Albright. What about janet lynn, charles tickner, susanna drianao, elaine zayak, sydne vogel, tiffany chin (she is coaching i think),
    I think a lot of those named have gone into coaching, although not all may be doing so now. I haven't searched for all of them.

    I know Elaine Zayak has been coaching. Here's an article from a few years ago when she first got some students to Nationals:
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

    Her current student Jimmy Ma is competing on the JGP this season.

  14. #44
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,495
    Janet Lynn has been married for many years and I think was a traditional stay-at-home mom, raising her five children.

    In terms of strictly skating-related careers, skaters can get certified as technical specialists, but I doubt that pays the rent. (I think both Petrenko and Tim Goebel have done that.) I suppose that some skaters who are business-minded can get into administration, in not just skating-specific organizations such as the USFSA but also general sports bodies such as the AAU. There's also choreography and costume design, or possibly some sort of work associated with an actual rink or sports complex. In other countries, several familiar skaters are or have been officials in their respective countries' skating federations (Albena Denkova in Bulgaria and Petrenko in the Ukraine have both been presidents of their federations).

  15. #45
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Janet Lynn has been married for many years and I think was a traditional stay-at-home mom, raising her five children.
    She's also active in her church, national politics (not running for office or anything but she's vocal for conservative issues), and is a national speaker - mainly church type functions.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •