Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Where Are They Now? Ask and Get Answers about skaters you've lost track of!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Morgan Matthews had a career ending injury, AFAIR. After leaving Zavozin. She had paired with Leif Gislaison and competed at least once at US Nationals with him, but USFSA would not release her to skate for Canada.

http://trueslant.com/jenniferkirk/20...-its-athletes/

After that, she had a brief partnership with Eliot Pennington but was injured and retired to coach.

I also feel sorry that Emily Samuelson cannot find a partner, as well as the lovely Caitlin Yankowskas! Tragedy for both of them.

Custom Title
    Does anybody know whether Amanda Dobbs is still competing? She competed at Skate Detroit last year, and used to compete in both pairs and singles on the senior level for the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
    I also feel sorry that Emily Samuelson cannot find a partner, as well as the lovely Caitlin Yankowskas! Tragedy for both of them.
    Yeah, and Vanessa Crone.

What happened to Katy Taylor? She seemed to be climbing up the ranks but suddenly disappeared. Does anyone know why? She's still only 23...it says on Wikipedia that she recently gave birth to her first child.

Custom Title
    Does anyone know what is going on with Fumie Suguri? How is her progress or regress? What about that Canadian Emanual Sandu? Mira Leung sort of dropped off the map too.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Victura View Post
    What happened to Katy Taylor? She seemed to be climbing up the ranks but suddenly disappeared. Does anyone know why? She's still only 23...it says on Wikipedia that she recently gave birth to her first child.
    Okay, I officially feel old now.

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Does anyone know what is going on with Fumie Suguri? How is her progress or regress? What about that Canadian Emanual Sandu? Mira Leung sort of dropped off the map too.
    Fumie is still pursuing her skating. She is / was training in Canada this autumn. This is from her blog on Oct 14, 2013:

I'm sorry that I couldn't write about competition.
    It was very busy last week.

First of all,thank you so much for coming and cheer me
    during this competition.

I know I always have something,but this time was tough again.
    I had a fever from friday and skated SP with fever.
    Free was much better but lost my energy because of fever
    and no power.

It is my fault that I catch cold and didn't have extra physical
    strength,but I thought why it came now!?

I had many times that I skate with injury,but it was first time
    in my skating life,skated with fever...

But I learned a lot how to handle with fever,what I should do
    and there is still power left even though I thought there is no
    power.

Now it is another difficult one coming.
    Sectional!!!
    I will be careful about my health and no injury!

which means she is going to compete with Miki ?!

In a way these ladies are amazing. Well there are people commenting a lot on them, like "Fumie is not realistic", but Protopopovs are still skating everyday and showing up in shows, why not, let her keep pursuing.

Emanuel Sandhu skated in some Canadian summer competition, AFAIR, and might show up trying to qualify for nationals again this year

He skated at Canadian Nationals last year
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSPPtXXTaEI

A while back, he competed in the Canadian version of So You Think You Can Dance. The second time, he finished in the top 6.

I have no idea what Mira Leung is doing these days and a quick search turned up nothing.

The Aug.-Sept. 2013 issue of Skating has a nice article about Katy Taylor. Her daughter, Autumn, was born Aug. 20, 2012. She left skating for awhile in her teens but then went back hoping to compete in pairs. It didn't work out. She currently attends the U. of Houston full time & is in touch monthly with old friend Kimmie Meisner.

Quote Originally Posted by lilshorty View Post
    Does anybody know whether Amanda Dobbs is still competing? She competed at Skate Detroit last year, and used to compete in both pairs and singles on the senior level for the U.S.
    I am not sure if Amanda is still competing, but I know she coaches a lot of the little girls at Galleria Dallas. She also performs in the Christmas shows there.

-----

Regarding Sarah Hughes, she is also mentoring Max Aaron this season.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    The Aug.-Sept. 2013 issue of Skating has a nice article about Katy Taylor. Her daughter, Autumn, was born Aug. 20, 2012. She left skating for awhile in her teens but then went back hoping to compete in pairs. It didn't work out. She currently attends the U. of Houston full time & is in touch monthly with old friend Kimmie Meisner.
    Is she married? What is she studying?

Here's an ice dance team that I would like to know about:

Natalia Mikhailova / Arkadi Sergeev RUS who finished 2nd to V&M's first at the 2006 World Junior Championship. D&W were 3rd, C&L were fourth.

Caitlin Y has found a partner and is planning to skate for Great Britain. Partner is Hamish Gaman (30yrs) and they are listed to compete at the end of November at Ice Challenge!!!! He used to skate with Vanessa James, etc.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast