Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 269

Thread: Can Yuzuru Hanyu close the gap on Patrick Chan?

  1. #121
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,131
    Thoughts on Finlandia Short?

  2. #122
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by lcd View Post
    Thoughts on Finlandia Short?
    just expressed my love of Finlandia short on fanfest. absolutely love it. I wound not worry about that popped 3A that much.
    Those little changes in choreography are all genius (including that "sexy" move, i think it is choreography not wardrobe malfunction )
    because of these changes, Yuzu's interpretation is better that last season, every move right on! Amazing musicality!

  3. #123
    One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Any Other World
    Posts
    853
    Maybe Javier Fernandez is the one who will close the gap on Patrick and not Yuzuru. But aren't Patrick and Yuzuru skating against each other in both of their GPs? So we will see them facing each other 2 times early in the season. I guess, we won't have to wait long until we get the answer.

  4. #124
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,140
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    While according to Chanbots like yourself Chan's numerous falls that supposably "deservedly" (snickers) win gold medals over cleaner performances must show "amazing skating skills, the manner of the falls still showed such great blade control, style, elegance, and was done with such speed and class." You are the biggest hypocrite ever to be daring to mock people not paying enough credence to falls by Kostner or Hanyu. Truly laughable beyond words.
    The difference being I still acknowledge and appreciate the artistry and choreography of Hanyu and Kostner (even calling her arguably the most artistic skater in the women's field). You hate on Chan's skating overall and have some deluded sense that he will be disregarded and vilified when that's obviously just your own hate-on. I've also said that in some instances where Chan has fallen he didn't deserve to win, which differs from your not-even-accurate flaming that he can win with 5 falls (when he has never done so). You have said crap about many skaters and like to fling muck just for the hell of it, and have this pretense that your predictions are pristine (which of course they aren't). Calling me a hypocrite is pretty hilarious coming from your glass house.

  5. #125
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,718
    Great win today by Hanyu in the GPF. He is catching Chan fast, and has a very good chance of winning the Olympic title in Sochi.

    In the GPF, Yuzuru regained the SP world record with a score of 99.84 (1.32 points better than Chan's best of 98.52), his FS score (with mistakes) of 193.41 was only 3.34 behind Chan's word record score of 196.75, and his combined score of 293.25 was just 2.02 behind Chan's word record score of 295.27. There really is not much of a gap now. To win the Olympic title, Chan cannot afford to produce anything less than his best, should Hanyu produce his best.

  6. #126
    the Golden Era sky_fly20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    Great win today by Hanyu in the GPF. He is catching Chan fast, and has a very good chance of winning the Olympic title in Sochi
    and Russia is a lucky soil for him to compete too
    first GP gold medal and first GPF medal he won

  7. #127
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,887
    Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze View Post
    Maybe Javier Fernandez is the one who will close the gap on Patrick and not Yuzuru. But aren't Patrick and Yuzuru skating against each other in both of their GPs? So we will see them facing each other 2 times early in the season. I guess, we won't have to wait long until we get the answer.
    I love Fernandez but wow he is having a tough season. I think even the bronze in Sochi would be an amazing feat for him at this point. Then again we saw Ten pull those performances out of nowhere at Worlds which clearly and beyond reasonable dispute SHOULD have won him the World title last season, so I guess anything is possible, especialy as Fernandez is a better skater than Ten. However I doubt Sochi will be as poorly skated as Worlds last year was.

  8. #128
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,140
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    While according to Chanbots like yourself Chan's numerous falls that supposably "deservedly" (snickers) win gold medals over cleaner performances must show "amazing skating skills, the manner of the falls still showed such great blade control, style, elegance, and was done with such speed and class." You are the biggest hypocrite ever to be daring to mock people not paying enough credence to falls by Kostner or Hanyu. Truly laughable beyond words.
    This is a pretty rich comment to make when Hanyu wins a freeskate over a clean Chan, in spite of a fall. I wonder if you feel Chan was robbed of the LP win, but since you hate Chan, I'm sure you're perfectly fine with justifying Hanyu's LP placing higher and monstrous PCS in spite of a fall. At least when Chan has a fall, his PCS goes down, not skyrockets up to a personal best.

    Chan falls in his FS at 2012 Worlds and suddenly a clean Dai is robbed of a win; but Hanyu falls in his LP at 2013 GPF, and you probably support his LP win over a clean Chan. Talk about hypocrisy!

    And what are you even talking about? I've never once said that the manner of Chan's falls were elegant; I was criticizing ubers who suggest that their skaters' falls went with the music and criticized judges for not doling out -3's on falls (more -2's than -3's on the 3-3 in Kostner's World SP, for example).

    Hanyu's homecooked PCS was outrageous (apparently a clean quad instead of a popped quad is clearly grounds for shooting Hanyu's PCS up from 81.94 at TEB to 92.28 at GPF ). However, in spite of Chan being robbed of the LP win, I'm completely fine with Hanyu winning overall at the GPF, due to my acknowledging certain things like Hanyu having a strong SP, Chan having a poor SP, and Chan neglecting to do a 4T-3T in the FS. Unlike certain Chan bashers, I actually look at the competition as a whole instead of neglecting things like a clean SP or other competitors' mistakes and crying foul if Chan/Hanyu happens to fall in the LP and still win overall.

  9. #129
    Custom Title bekalc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,073
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    I love Fernandez but wow he is having a tough season. I think even the bronze in Sochi would be an amazing feat for him at this point. Then again we saw Ten pull those performances out of nowhere at Worlds which clearly and beyond reasonable dispute SHOULD have won him the World title last season, so I guess anything is possible, especialy as Fernandez is a better skater than Ten. However I doubt Sochi will be as poorly skated as Worlds last year was.
    I don't think Fernandez is a better skater than Ten. Better jumper but better skater-no. Ten has really excellent skating skills and while Fernandez aren't bad they aren't as good as the top eschelon.

  10. #130
    Custom Title spikydurian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    962
    ^^^HANYUflation at work! No more chanflation.

  11. #131
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,887
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    This is a pretty rich comment to make when Hanyu wins a freeskate over a clean Chan, in spite of a fall. ..bunch of typical biased non essential rubbish from the ever whiny Canadianskaterguy......
    I didnt even comment in anyway of the ways you indicate on the mens LP. The same way you did after Skate Canada when you said I would be in mourning over the result, when in fact I have had no problems with any of Chan's scores or results this year since unlike you I only care about fair judging and fair results, regardless if it is a skater I like or not; and as this year Chans placements and results (today included) where exactly as they should be, I was perfectly happy despite your ridiculous and usual unfounded claims to the contrary on another thread.

    However the fact is since you insist on beating a dead bush your beloved Chan is the one who has an array of scandalous wins which will never be forgotten in the sport, including 2 of his 3 World titles. He will forever go down as one of the most overscored skaters in history, despite your desperate attempts to defend results that pretty much only you defend (2012 or 2013 Worlds). I have been reminded today why you were on my ignore list so long and that is where you are going back now. Get a life.

    PS- I am not even a Hanyu fan and have complained about his PCS in the past as many times or more than Chan's, but of course someone as clueless who does nothing but spew hate and unfounded biased claims like CanadianSkaterGuy would either be unaware of this or wouldnt care. His problem, not mine.

  12. #132
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,193
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    I love Fernandez but wow he is having a tough season. I think even the bronze in Sochi would be an amazing feat for him at this point. Then again we saw Ten pull those performances out of nowhere at Worlds which clearly and beyond reasonable dispute SHOULD have won him the World title last season, so I guess anything is possible, especialy as Fernandez is a better skater than Ten. However I doubt Sochi will be as poorly skated as Worlds last year was.
    Porbably the wrong thread for this but since you brought it up, I cannot help but ask: Does anyone have a clue what's the matter with Javi this season? It doesn't really look like nerves to me - though obviously I could be completely wrong on that head - and I haven't heard of any injury. Lack of fitness? Inattention? Sorry about being so OT, but it's a real head-scratcher to me, so couldn't resist asking!

  13. #133
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,140
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    However the fact is since you insist on beating a dead bush your beloved Chan is the one who has an array of scandalous wins which I have been reminded today why you were on my ignore list so long and that is where you are going back now. Get a life.

    PS- I am not even a Hanyu fan and have complained about his PCS in the past as many times or more than Chan's, but of course someone as clueless who does nothing but spew hate and unfounded biased claims like CanadianSkaterGuy would either be unaware of this or wouldnt care. His problem, not mine.
    I'm quite crushed that I'm on your ignore list once again. Truly despondent.

    You bash Chan and spew crap about skaters more than anyone on here except maybe sky_fly. Made for each other, really. To say I spew hate and unbiased opinions is not only incorrect but epitomizes your shameless hypocrisy, and telling me to get a life is just juvenile (not that I expect any better of you).

    For the record I have repeatedly said I disagree with Chan's 2013 win, so while I'm busy getting a life, I'd recommend you get your facts (and head) straight.

  14. #134
    Custom Title spikydurian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    962
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    You bash Chan and spew crap about skaters more than anyone on here except maybe sky_fly. Made for each other, really. To say I spew hate and unbiased opinions is not only incorrect but epitomizes your shameless hypocrisy, and telling me to get a life is just juvenile (not that I expect any better of you).

    For the record I have repeatedly said I disagree with Chan's 2013 win, so while I'm busy getting a life, I'd recommend you get your facts (and head) straight.
    For PTF, her conclusions are definitely biased. It's alright if someone else falls and win the skate because she thinks it is right. Isn't you PTF and some others argue that falls mar performances and should be heavily penalised? Why change your line of argument now? Because HanyuFlation has now taken over?

  15. #135
    Six Point Zero Krislite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Yunaverse
    Posts
    1,527
    Wow! The world has turned upside down. How did Hanyu beat a clean Chan in the LP?!

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •