Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gracie Gold is no longer coachless (now coached by Frank Carroll)

News Gracie Gold is no longer coachless (now coached by Frank Carroll)

http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=49513&type=media

"I am excited to be coaching Gracie Gold," Carroll said. "We have been working together for about a week now and I feel like we are a good student-coach match. I'm looking forward to the progress she will continue to make as an athlete."

Good for Gracie. Now she can go for Gold!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Good for Gracie. Now she can go for Gold!
    Gold at U.S Nationals maybe.

I am happy that this is settled and that Carroll sounds quite a bit more enthusiastic than he did now. I hope it is also a good match for Gracie's sister and that Gracie will figure out the logistics of everything (though judging from her twitter, she may just be making California her base and Carroll her 'one voice' as he suggested is best.

Good news for Gracie. I am glad Frank will be coaching her. Now that Gracie's coaching situation is
    finalized she can concentrate on the upcoming season.

Glad this is sorted out, but still no mention of whether Gracie would be based in LA or Canton... I imagine Frank would make her stay in LA. His previous comments about what he thought of her and her situation before the tryout seemed very honest and a little hesitant. I'm not sure whether this quote about him being very excited to coach her and them being a "good student-coach match" is genuine or just a standard PR quote. Either way, I hope Frank sticks by what he said before and that she doesn't resist any changes he might want to make. Best of luck to Gracie on the GP.

Custom Title
    Great news!

I imagine Carroll would try everything to persuade her to relocate. Look at the trouble Mirai had with just a commute of a few hours. Gracie will be on a plane frequently and will have jet lag to boot. I hope she can work out the logistics of this coaching change with the least turmoil possible.

Custom Title
    Wonderful news. I wonder when does she officially start training there. I guess Lori here comes Gracie!

I don't care for her LP done by Zoueva-even the costume is younger=preferred her costumes last year so I hope Lori does work with her.

Quote Originally Posted by LeCygne View Post
    Glad this is sorted out, but still no mention of whether Gracie would be based in LA or Canton... I imagine Frank would make her stay in LA. His previous comments about what he thought of her and her situation before the tryout seemed very honest and a little hesitant. I'm not sure whether this quote about him being very excited to coach her and them being a "good student-coach match" is genuine or just a standard PR quote. Either way, I hope Frank sticks by what he said before and that she doesn't resist any changes he might want to make. Best of luck to Gracie on the GP.
    Philip Hersh has tweeted the following:
    Gracie Gold announced she will work with Frank Carroll, and I am told that means full time in LA
    I hope we'll have a full-fledged story from Phil that gives more details.

Custom Title
    Relief! One of very few, finger-countable things I can yell happy about!

Lightbulb

You guys don't need Phil. Gracie will be based permanently in LA.
    And that doesn't mean necessarily that she will or does need to work with Lori. There are other choreographers that have worked with Frank's students past and present that will/would do wonders for Gracie.

Custom Title
    I would have thought it was a rather logical step for her to move there and make it a permanent base. So I'm not surprised she's moving there. It makes sense.

I guess this means Evan is officially done.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    I would have thought it was a rather logical step for her to move there and make it a permanent base. So I'm not surprised she's moving there. It makes sense.

Yes, I thought the same thing. So this good news comes with some sad news too.

Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post

You mean Caroll cannot coach both Evan and Gracie at the same time?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast