Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Gracie Gold is no longer coachless (now coached by Frank Carroll)

Custom Title
    Wow, you're right, Karne. And Plushenko and Gachinski are in competition with each other. That must be a dynamic rink right now. I wonder how he allocates his energies. Just a guess, but I imagine that Plushenko doesn't need much of his time right now; Plushy must be practically able to coach himself. What he really needs is someone to make sure he trains wisely so as not to aggravate any injuries, and someone to watch now and then to make sure his jumps haven't gone off-rhythm in some way that needs to be corrected.

Nothing against Gachinski, but I do hope that it's Plushy who gets chosen as the Olympic skater.

Good for Gracie.

I don't think she's ready for the podium, but I think she will be for the next Oly Games. Very excited for her future.

Evan's not done. Frank has Lysacek, Ten, and Gracie. Frank is perfectly capable of doing all of this and he has help. Enough said.

Custom Title
    Heh.. I wonder which sport agency is Gracie with?

Congratulations just signed away your % to Frank :P Hope Gracie get tons of endorsement this Olympic season and Uncle Frank get a nice retirement fund out of this.

Gachinski is over rated. Why go for a cheap imitation when you can have the real thing! Go Plushy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Heh.. I wonder which sport agency is Gracie with?

Congratulations just signed away your % to Frank :P Hope Gracie get tons of endorsement this Olympic season and Uncle Frank get a nice retirement fund out of this.

Gachinski is over rated. Why go for a cheap imitation when you can have the real thing! Go Plushy!!!
    She's with IMG, I believe.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    She's with IMG, I believe.
    Heh... thought so :P

Custom Title
    Oh yes. That Worlds bronze and Euros silver - a silver many have said should have been gold - are soooo overrated.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by IcyEdges View Post
    Evan's not done. Frank has Lysacek, Ten, and Gracie. Frank is perfectly capable of doing all of this and he has help. Enough said.
    Who helps Frank now? Is Ken back?

I wonder if she will continue to juggle before she competes. Since that didn't seem to work, I would guess not, unless it has just become a habit.

Custom Title
    Gracie is doing very well on the endorsement front. Especially considering she has only competed for a single season on the senior level. It certainly helps that this is an Olympic year, and thus, there are actually endorsements to be designated to athletes such as skaters. Otherwise, I would think she would need a few more actual credentials or championship titles. Her only championship titles at this point (after 2 years of competing internationally - one junior, one senior) is a 2011 Junior Grand Prix event, and the 2012 US Ladies Junior Championship.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Oh yes. That Worlds bronze and Euros silver - a silver many have said should have been gold - are soooo overrated.
    I can't comment on the Euro Silver, but I was there to witness his world 'bronze'. I admit I was already underwhelmed with his COP cookie cutter program to begin with, and was even less impressed with seeing him live. I remember being far more impressed with Patrick Chan at skating shows years before (it was butter and silk...no falls, mind you), even before he became a world champion. I was also more impressed seeing his countryman Menshov live in Dortmand last year. it is like watching a boy wanna be/pretender vs a proper mature man.

For things I am passionate about (music/art/theatre) I will always try to make an effort to see/experience things live for myself and trust my eyes and guts more than any 3rd hand information or popular opinion, or even judge's marks. I sometimes disagree with them, it is nothing personal. I have figured his bronze then was down politics that favoured him that year and was not surprised he didn't do well since. Figure skating world owes Moscow big time that year for bailing Japan out of the hosting duties, and it is a nice bonus for them. Almost every skater from powerful federations may have experience 'benefit in kind' sort of gifts through out their career. But really it is the longevity and the consistency of their performances in other territories outside their own home speaks volumes of their real worth and talent. Just my opinion of course.

That's a good point. IIRC Frank explained on in his interview with TSL that he gets 7% of all endorsement money earned by all of his skaters that make the world or Olympic team.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3