Where are your seats at TD Garden US Nats 2014? | Golden Skate

Where are your seats at TD Garden US Nats 2014?

Skating Gator

Rinkside
Hi everyone! My mother and I decided to make the Boston Nationals a girls trip. This will be our first major, live skating event. My former coach, Lyndon Johnston, is a pairs coach now and we are excited to see him in action! It has been years since I skated but we still follow skating. And being an Olympic year, we thought this would be the perfect time! Being from Florida we are hoping for some cold weather too ;-)

Anyway, we stressed and spent hours looking over the seating chart. Where are your seats, what is your strategy?

We picked seats in section 20. Mid-price range seats. We figure if we were to be in a corner the kiss and cry would be a good corner to be in? It is also on the judges side if that makes a difference?

What are your thoughts on seat selection. If you cannot afford the 1K perfect seats, where would you pick?

Here is the seating chart:
http://www.boston2014.com/wp-content/uploads/2014seating.png

altuixde

On the Ice
My family and I are going to be in section 329. I would rather be in section 111 or right in front of section 111, but those seats are more expensive. When you're on the judges' side the skaters start and end their programs facing you. At some events there are a lot of TV cameras right behind the judges though, so those could obstruct your view.

I don't think that the 1K seats are perfect. I've been in the front row before (at Lake Placid) and I had to keep twisting my neck in order to see the skaters. That was uncomfortable. It's much better to sit somewhat further away from the ice so the entire performance area fits more easily in your field of vision.

Anyway, I can't wait until January!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
My tickets have arrived. YAY. They were in a FedEx envelope at my door, but luckily I have a really firm and tight door!

Anyway, Mr. P and I are in Sec. 14, Row 14, so mid-priced seats. I say they're decent seats. :)

We had booked our hotel and flights, but getting the tickets makes it real! :biggrin:

Looking forward to seeing many of you again (and meeting more GS friends).

Nigel

On the Ice
Weekend ticket packages

In years past, many of the LOCs worked with USFS and Ticketmaster and offered weekend ticket packages for the Championship events, beginning on Friday night (but exclusive of the exhibition on Sunday). Read thru the Boston2014 website saw (if I saw this correctly) that ONLY single ticket option and ALL EVENT tickets options are available. Is this correct? :-(

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
In years past, many of the LOCs worked with USFS and Ticketmaster and offered weekend ticket packages for the Championship events, beginning on Friday night (but exclusive of the exhibition on Sunday). Read thru the Boston2014 website saw (if I saw this correctly) that ONLY single ticket option and ALL EVENT tickets options are available. Is this correct? :-(

Single ticket and all event are the only ticket options. Someone on FSU contacted the LOC and that was the information that they received. There are no plans to offer weekend packages.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Interesting. Perhaps they don't have to use the weekend package marketing stragety. If they sold enough of the good seats anyway, let folks make up their own weekend packages by buying the tickets/seats they want. Makes things simpler.
Anyone have an idea just how the seats have been selling? I think there will be a pretty good turnout for the major events. Just a feeling.

Single ticket and all event are the only ticket options. Someone on FSU contacted the LOC and that was the information that they received. There are no plans to offer weekend packages.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I think ticket sales for the "big" events on the last weekend might be going well, that's why no weekend packages. But, if the past is any indication attendance at early week events and novice and junior events will probably be sparse. Just a guess on my part!

malo42

On the Ice
For the men I'll be in section 4 and for the ladies section 16. I'm only going to the FS for both, the timing of them happen to work out really well for me but I think if there were championship weekend tickets I might have went for those.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
You are correct. You can pretty much sit where you want during the novice and even many junior events....kinda nice to sit with friends.....even some of the senior events at Omaha weren't that well attended...

chris

I think ticket sales for the "big" events on the last weekend might be going well, that's why no weekend packages. But, if the past is any indication attendance at early week events and novice and junior events will probably be sparse. Just a guess on my part!

RobinA

On the Ice
My family and I are going to be in section 329. I would rather be in section 111 or right in front of section 111, but those seats are more expensive. When you're on the judges' side the skaters start and end their programs facing you. At some events there are a lot of TV cameras right behind the judges though, so those could obstruct your view.

I don't think that the 1K seats are perfect. I've been in the front row before (at Lake Placid) and I had to keep twisting my neck in order to see the skaters. That was uncomfortable. It's much better to sit somewhat further away from the ice so the entire performance area fits more easily in your field of vision.

Anyway, I can't wait until January!

I was in the first row in Boston in 2001 and didn't like them one bit. Stiff neck, can't really see anything. I don't really need to know who has runs in their tights. Row 10 is my perfect height. I think I'm in row 15 this time around on the end.

MasterB

Final Flight
To avoid breaking my neck I selected one of the ends, I discovered this after attending several nationals. Section17, Row 4, that s my sweet seat.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I agree with you entirely. I used to sit in corners but to avoid a stiff neck, I like the ends....but I do like being down low...I like to watch the faces and feel the wind as they go by....I am in Row 2 at the end away from the Kiss and Cry...I have become really fussy in my old age. I have to have an Isle seat if possible and after about row 8, the thrill decreases for me....I was in Row 13 at Worlds and since I got to see some great skating, it was wonderful but I felt more disconnected from the skaters and the skating....
Same thing with watching "Celtic Woman" My forth row seat when Hayley Westenra was with them was fantastic....when I had a 15th row seat, not so much....its a coyote thing...

To avoid breaking my neck I selected one of the ends, I discovered this after attending several nationals. Section17, Row 4, that s my sweet seat.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So I wrote a blog today which made me realize that as of tomorrow (Wednesday) I am:

3 weeks from Christmas
4 weeks from New Year's
AND...
5 weeks from when I board a plane to Boston. Can't believe it's getting so close!

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
So I wrote a blog today which made me realize that as of tomorrow (Wednesday) I am:

3 weeks from Christmas
4 weeks from New Year's
AND...
5 weeks from when I board a plane to Boston. Can't believe it's getting so close!

:jaw::eek::eek:...now I feel a little better!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Four weeks and three days for me....at my age, that is a blink of an eye....for a six year old, its a century! LOL!

3 weeks from Christmas
4 weeks from New Year's
AND...

waxel

Final Flight
I like to sit close. I don't need to see the runs in tights... but I like to see eyes. It's all good. This is an expensive trip for me- I work in non-profit arts- so I don't get to treat myself too often. Can't wait!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
10 days till wheels up. Yes, eyes are important and so are facial expressions. At Omaha last year I was next to he kiss and cry. It was very interesting to watch the skaters come over and sit down...watch their body language in real life...
I like to sit close. I don't need to see the runs in tights... but I like to see eyes. It's all good. This is an expensive trip for me- I work in non-profit arts- so I don't get to treat myself too often. Can't wait!

delray1977

Rinkside
I'm in section 302. I was told the benefit of being in the balcony sections is that you can stand. It may be far back but you don't have anybody obstructing your view.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Hey, there is a question I forgot to ask Susan. What is the arena pitch? If the arena bowl is a basketball pitch (shallow) , like Cleveland, your view being blocked by bodies is absolutely a possibility. If the arena is a hockey pitch (steep) there is no problem seeing over the person in front of you....
I'm in section 302. I was told the benefit of being in the balcony sections is that you can stand. It may be far back but you don't have anybody obstructing your view.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Are you considering contacting Susan about this? I could ask on FSU, but have no idea what response I'll get....you know what I mean :rolleye:.

I did ask a question yesterday about whether the arena would be cleared in between events...for example on Thursday when there are 3 ticketed sessions. Most arenas have taken to scanning all the tickets and giving you a hand stamp or bracelet and you are good for the whole day. I don't remember seeing anything about how TDGarden will handle this. The least desirable option IMO is forcing everyone out and back through security.

I did notice that TDGarden has a no reentry policy. So, if you have 2 events on one ticket and watch the first and think you can duck out for lunch and come back later in the second event that will most likely not be allowed...bummer.

Hey, there is a question I forgot to ask Susan. What is the arena pitch? If the arena bowl is a basketball pitch (shallow) , like Cleveland, your view being blocked by bodies is absolutely a possibility. If the arena is a hockey pitch (steep) there is no problem seeing over the person in front of you....